Office and gaming chairs

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
With my desk, the entire desk moves up and down so the monitors would just move with the desk as the monitors are presumably clamped to the desk.
Exactly, that is my issue. I can clamp the 3 lower monitors to the desk and achieve the height I want with no problem. It is the 4th monitor that creates all my issues.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Exactly, that is my issue. I can clamp the 3 lower monitors to the desk and achieve the height I want with no problem. It is the 4th monitor that creates all my issues.
Oh, shit I missed the static wall plate for fourth monitor part. Yea, I dunno what you'd do about that except hand-move it every time, or change the mount so it moves with the others. Thats a pretty unique setup there.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Problem I have with standing desks, or sit-stand desks is they aren't very wide. They are missing 2 to 3 feet of width easily compared to what else is available.

I prefer close to 7 feet of width.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Problem I have with standing desks, or sit-stand desks is they aren't very wide. They are missing 2 to 3 feet of width easily compared to what else is available.

1641330572218.png

1641330679037.png

1641330632224.png

= over 8 feet bro!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Think I found the best work around. It will mean two mounts but two is better than three :D

For the the Bottom 3 monitors I will use this...
1641335076606.png

and for the top mount I will use this...

1641335137872.png

This setup will provide me with all the height I want for the monitors.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

15% discount right now.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I bought a Titan Evo '22 and I've been impressed with it so far. The lumbar support has worked wonders for my lower back pain and noticeably improved my posture. The cloth material seems durable and keeps me fairly cool.

I must of gotten one of the newer versions because I've had 0 quality issues with it so far. I had some serious buyers remorse when I realized they were giving out free warranty extensions for posting on social media which drowned out all the negative posts about the chair. All the unboxing vids never mentioned any of the problems either but I guess paid shills gonna shill. Luckily mine has been pretty great..

After reading here I'm glad I didn't go with the Embody. I have an aeron at work (back when we were in the office) but after a couple weeks with the titan evo I prefer it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
In theory they sound great, just curious how they are in practice? For those that have one, do you find yourself using it all the time or does it just stay at seated height and was a waste of money?
since i moved here half a year ago i got my wife motorized sit/stand desk. she had one of those manual solutions at work like this

71n6YMTskZL._AC_SX355_.jpg

but since shes nearly 100% work at home i wanted her to have a nice home office so i got the motorized desk.

for her, it depends on the type of work shes doing, zoom where she is a drone? she'll take the laptop to the treadmill (i put a laptop table solution on that)
she's hosting a meeting? then she stands, she has to do a report? then she sits.

the motorized is great it goes up and down in like 5seconds

i was able to snag it for 175 cuz they just put it in their store
92f839d8e3d69f7d27e1bacf696a5da9.png

and they had to relist b/c i gave them a 1star, tbh it's a great desk its just that their chinglish instructions made no sense on how to setup the preprogramming of the motor.

my wife actually figured it out cuz shes had to deal with chinglish control lines, it's been in constant use with two monitor arms and monitors.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

15% discount right now.

hows the lead times tho. Embody was out past 3.5 months.

The Aerons do sound readily available, likely because there is no fabric sourcing from other countries. I can't say the same for the Gesture. Just got the email today my normal Gesture build is indefinitely delayed. They had a 15% sale as well for the holidays and they said it was overwhelming how many people responded and bought the Leap and Gesture. They have a queue now and are filling them in the order they received them.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So I check the email and my credit card was hit January 6th for the Embody for 1550$. This is several weeks after I ordered it, so I don't know what to make of it.

I keep getting Amazon shipping notifications even though I didn't order anything. Last time I dealt with the Herman Miller store they didn't ship Amazon. But I can't think of anything else the Amazon shipping notifications could be for. It's all pretty confusing. The Amazon notification system is giving me updates also. If it ends up being the Embody that's really bizarre.

If the ship time was mid-February I don't know why they need to charge my card on Jan 6th. Might give them a ring.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
So I check the email and my credit card was hit January 6th for the Embody for 1550$. This is several weeks after I ordered it, so I don't know what to make of it.

I keep getting Amazon shipping notifications even though I didn't order anything. Last time I dealt with the Herman Miller store they didn't ship Amazon. But I can't think of anything else the Amazon shipping notifications could be for. It's all pretty confusing. The Amazon notification system is giving me updates also. If it ends up being the Embody that's really bizarre.

If the ship time was mid-February I don't know why they need to charge my card on Jan 6th. Might give them a ring.
Finally and actual reason to get rustled over J6!:p

Nija

<Silver Donator>

I have this desk frame, combined with any kind of table top you want. You can do 8 ft no problem. Dual motors, 3 stored heights, (I just use 2) and last I knew, pretty fast shipping.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
So is the consensus don't order the higher end chairs on amazon cause could be fake or refurb? I saw they have decent timelines on gestures. Best buy had available in 11 days for a black one with headrest.

My old ass herman miller finally broke some internal parts so i'm in the market. Reading back, I may just get a hon 2.0 to hold me over for a while and place an order directly with steelcase or herman miller later this year.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just don't get an aluminum base if you place with Steelcase. The rep on the phone said he wasn't able to give estimates on aluminum base chairs. He was typing to the team while he was on the phone with me (seemed kinda laissez-faire for a big corp... he took several minutes to communicate with the "team" live on the phone) But yeah aluminum sounded like a horrific multi-month delay. They'll be happy to take your aluminum base order on the store and then just fuck you. They don't give accurate times since the December blitz.

I wanted the Nightfall fabric so Amazon wasn't considered at the time, I figured steelcase would get it done by now. I wouldn't knock anyone for using Amazon given how fucked up supply chains are.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
My Gesture was pushed from January 14th to February 1st from an original ordering date of December 10th with a shipping date of December 28th.

So far Steelcase has been inadequate in it's assurances. Even the Level 2 support team in assembly (who has knowledge of the assembly, the parts, and specific status) was only able to give the the February date as a "we hope to catch up on orders then". The language used is straight C-list fucking dogshit by these guys.

I accused them of prioritizing corporate clients and bulk distribution and said if that's the case they need to be honest with customers.

I'm checking Amazon and other distributors that may have in-house inventory now and may cancel the order later this week due to the disrespect.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Reviewed Amazon availability. Earliest option is February 8th which is not competitive with Steelcase who said maybe I could see something February 1st that first week.

Going to have to just wait it out.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Chair has been fully assembled in the warehouse since last Thursday.

Monday went by with 0 update on logistics. I just emailed Steelcase ground team a threat and mentioned I'm planning a negative review if the chair doesn't get posted by the end of the day today.

Parts availability and backlog is one thing, prioritizing corporate clients and bulk orders secretly while lying to customers and offering only a measly 50$ convenience fee is another.

They get that chair posted or they're fucking done. These guys are just fucking bums. Straight up. No muscle to even ship a chair that's already complete.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Chair has been fully assembled in the warehouse since last Thursday.

Monday went by with 0 update on logistics. I just emailed Steelcase ground team a threat and mentioned I'm planning a negative review if the chair doesn't get posted by the end of the day today.

Parts availability and backlog is one thing, prioritizing corporate clients and bulk orders secretly while lying to customers and offering only a measly 50$ convenience fee is another.

They get that chair posted or they're fucking done. These guys are just fucking bums. Straight up. No muscle to even ship a chair that's already complete.
Haven’t you been buying new chairs every month for like the last three years? Why you so upset over seven days?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Haven’t you been buying new chairs every month for like the last three years? Why you so upset over seven days?

The last headrest chair didn't work out with the Ergohuman. My neck is destroyed. I finally snapped from the strain.

Order was placed December 10th for this chair.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Think I found the best work around. It will mean two mounts but two is better than three :D

For the the Bottom 3 monitors I will use this...
View attachment 391041

and for the top mount I will use this...

View attachment 391042

This setup will provide me with all the height I want for the monitors.
YOu need to be careful with those desk mounts. Especially if your desk is made out of MDF or some other non wood shit. If so, I would add a piece of metal plate on both top and bottom to distribute the weight to more surface area so its not concentrated to 2" of mount. Woood would wok as well.

• 1Like