Office and gaming chairs

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
HON Ignition 2.0 was as described. Cheap 300 dollar very well made task chair, durable, built for big boys.

Does it beat the OEM 24/7 Task Chair for the same 300 dollar price? Debatable, having owned both. The OEM 24/7 has forward tilt options, backrest can close forward if you want more back pressure and forced upright. OEM 24/7 Task also has seat tilt, and the HON doesn't.

HON Ignition 2.0 backrest is mesh, it caters to BIG boys. If you have a big NFL back (I don't anymore) then you won't need a pillow to add some upright posture. Unfortunately I have to use a flat firm thin wedge pillow to get upright on the keys, despite being big and tall already. The backrest is simply too reclined (catering to very big people?), and because it's not a headrest chair, this is a massive negative. I'd recommend against this chair as a long term buy. But this was never going to be a final solution anyway as I decided my permanent chair has to be all mesh like Mirra/Aeron/Ergohuman or hammock like Embody. I ordered the HON Ignition 2.0 as an emergency fix, and it served it's purpose.

Later tonight I'm dropping the credit card on an Aeron C or Ergohuman. Both are mesh chairs. Major price difference. My gut tells me to get an Ergohuman out here first because its 50% of the cost, but the reviews I read said the gas lift is missing 2.5 inches of adjustment height compared to normal computer desk style seating. The Ergohuman sits taller. I like the option to get lower if I need it. So I'll probably end up getting an Aeron C out here direct from Herman. I've sat in an Ergohuman so I know the headrest is comfortable, I have to do the homework on the Aeron headrest later and go from there. If I can't get good feedback on the Aeron headrest then that opens up the Mirra 2 option (no headrest).

Why no Embody? The builds are a headache to decide on, the price is more towards 2k now, and I just can't be bothered. The Aeron C would need to be a complete failure for me to move on an Embody.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Amazon promised Prime Saturday. I subbed Prime to get Prime, instead got stuck with a Sunday delivery date.

"Guaranteed by" btw. Fucking faggots.

This has been so common in the last 3 years that I cancelled my membership last month. Well, that was the main reason. Once they started putting ads between every episode on their streaming service that was the final straw.

• 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1628679918377.png

Elite on the way. Smaller seat width than the Ergohuman v1 which boasts a 20.5 inch mesh seat width.

This is a flat 19 inches on the way. a 1.5 inch loss.

I could have gotten it through Amazon to guarantee a full return, but I wanted to make sure it was the real Ergohuman elite.

I accepted the possibility if this chair doesn't work I will likely eat a 25% loss on the price. Near 200 dollars gone to return this chair. They don't cover shipping back, and there is a restock fee. The chair weighs 70lbs so the shipping cost is quite considerable.

I had to pull the trigger on something fast. The Aeron would have been around 1,440 dollars. I had to give the Ergohuman a shot for mesh.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
View attachment 366383

Elite on the way. Smaller seat width than the Ergohuman v1 which boasts a 20.5 inch mesh seat width.

This is a flat 19 inches on the way. a 1.5 inch loss.

I could have gotten it through Amazon to guarantee a full return, but I wanted to make sure it was the real Ergohuman elite.

I accepted the possibility if this chair doesn't work I will likely eat a 25% loss on the price. Near 200 dollars gone to return this chair. They don't cover shipping back, and there is a restock fee. The chair weighs 70lbs so the shipping cost is quite considerable.

I had to pull the trigger on something fast. The Aeron would have been around 1,440 dollars. I had to give the Ergohuman a shot for mesh.
my ergohuman mesh seat is still holding strong, after... 10 years? 14 years? i have no idea honestly

i was actually pissed when i saw the moving company stack 4boxes on top of the seat, i was screaming "thats a mesh, seat, why are there 4 boxes on it?" still fine.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
my ergohuman mesh seat is still holding strong, after... 10 years? 14 years? i have no idea honestly

i was actually pissed when i saw the moving company stack 4boxes on top of the seat, i was screaming "thats a mesh, seat, why are there 4 boxes on it?" still fine.

Good to hear re: longevity. Did you see Europe/AUS (UK,AUS) gets these extra options

1628706393113.png

They also get a notepad arm attached that you can sit your keyboard/ipad on in front of you, but I can't get a picture of it. No price difference either. I thought about emailing the UK distributor about international shipping or if they can take USD but had to just be done with it.

The way the asians in China license these chairs created a regional split in the builds. Would have got the UK version for sure looks cool for recline.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Good to hear re: longevity. Did you see Europe/AUS (UK,AUS) gets these extra options

View attachment 366437

They also get a notepad arm attached that you can sit your keyboard/ipad on in front of you, but I can't get a picture of it. No price difference either. I thought about emailing the UK distributor about international shipping or if they can take USD but had to just be done with it.

The way the asians in China license these chairs created a regional split in the builds. Would have got the UK version for sure looks cool for recline.
i've long unscrewed the arm rests

idk or remember why? but the option is there (and it's not like i've thrown em out)

the only maintenance i had to do (besides weekly dusting b/c it gets nasty, under the mesh) is i bought new casters after 10years 2 broke, i think it was an ebay purchase cuz they were rare and i didn't want to bother to get the wrong size

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
i've long unscrewed the arm rests

idk or remember why? but the option is there (and it's not like i've thrown em out)

the only maintenance i had to do (besides weekly dusting b/c it gets nasty, under the mesh) is i bought new casters after 10years 2 broke, i think it was an ebay purchase cuz they were rare and i didn't want to bother to get the wrong size

That's funny because the manufacturer says don't move the chair on rugs while sitting down or the casters break. I guess they don't offer carpet casters.

I might get a small shitty plastic chair platform for it so I can wheel around without the wear on the casters.

The warranty is true Asian. It's got a bunch of conditions and "thats too bad, sorry to hear that" in it. And if it needs a major warranty repair, you have to box it up and load it to the rickshaw and peddle it yourself to get it done. Aeron will send a tech to your home. I'm basically an idiot for not trying the Aeron.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
That's funny because the manufacturer says don't move the chair on rugs while sitting down or the casters break. I guess they don't offer carpet casters.

I might get a small shitty plastic chair platform for it so I can wheel around without the wear on the casters.

The warranty is true Asian. It's got a bunch of conditions and "thats too bad, sorry to hear that" in it. And if it needs a major warranty repair, you have to box it up and load it to the rickshaw and peddle it yourself to get it done. Aeron will send a tech to your home. I'm basically an idiot for not trying the Aeron.
yea you don't buy this chair thinking you'll get a warranty lulz, but the lumbar is amazing, i forgot how until recently when i was moving and you know as you move, you just move into what you got, so i was working out of a kitchen chair for a while in temp housing.

and when i got took possession of new house and delivery the next day, wow sitting in it, i realized how much was missed.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Came fast, everything great. Arm rests don't drop below desk, but is actually a benefit because of the position of the armrests being so good you don't need to slide under your desk. First chair I've owned that you can keep the armrests desk level and have 0 ergonomic problem operating keys/mouse.

Seat pan 19" would be the only dealbreaker. Happy with everything else. My hip bones are toward those edges a little too much.

I'm coming from a Titan XL 22.5 inch seat and a HON Ignition 20" with full span cushion. So a 19" mesh was always something I expected to have to contend with as I placed this order.

The Ergohuman v1 would be 20.5" and I sat tested that locally before purchasing the Ergohuman Elite. But I figured I'd give the Elite a fair shake before going for an earlier model.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Came fast, everything great. Arm rests don't drop below desk, but is actually a benefit because of the position of the armrests being so good you don't need to slide under your desk. First chair I've owned that you can keep the armrests desk level and have 0 ergonomic problem operating keys/mouse.

Seat pan 19" would be the only dealbreaker. Happy with everything else. My hip bones are toward those edges a little too much.

I'm coming from a Titan XL 22.5 inch seat and a HON Ignition 20" with full span cushion. So a 19" mesh was always something I expected to have to contend with as I placed this order.

The Ergohuman v1 would be 20.5" and I sat tested that locally before purchasing the Ergohuman Elite. But I figured I'd give the Elite a fair shake before going for an earlier model.
how tall you is? i'm 5'10 (yes i'm asian, it's not a lie) normal human size

my wife (5'2 asian) finds the ergo human impossible to sit on, we found some mesh chair at staples she liked.

note i have no idea what model mine is, when i ordered it there was only two models, with and without headrest, heh.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
how tall you is? i'm 5'10 (yes i'm asian, it's not a lie) normal human size

my wife (5'2 asian) finds the ergo human impossible to sit on, we found some mesh chair at staples she liked.

note i have no idea what model mine is, when i ordered it there was only two models, with and without headrest, heh.

I'm near the maximum recommended height of the chair which is 6'4. Fortunately a touch below that so the headrest is still good.

Easiest way to check if you have a v1 or a v2 Ergohuman is check your backrest and the connection to the seatpan, If it's all chrome metal then its a v2 or later model. If it's got no chrome it's a v1. The v1 is what the local retailer here demos and sells. I went out of my way to get a v2 version for a few reasons that deal with little options. Armrest adjustment, synchro-tilt seat that reclines if reclined. although you can find v1 with it I think.

Another big difference between v1 and v2 is, your backrest should be able to fully gap away from the lumbar portion of the chair. you should be able to move the backrest adjustment and it should be a separate piece from the lumbar portion. In the v2, the entire backrest is just one piece, lumbar moves with the backrest height adjustment.

That's interesting re: wife but not surprising. I've heard there are some good knockoff mesh available. Hyken brand from staples, or Ergo3D etc. The Ergohuman is regarded as a tad overpriced, but so is the Aeron.

I'm betting you have a v1 just because of how long you've had it. I think you might predate the v2.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ordering another chair soon but not sure what yet.

That'll make 3 chairs in under a month and 4 chairs for the year total. Fuck you guys.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
UPDATE: So I still have the Ergohuman and ate the loss on it. I've been using the HON Ignition this whole time as my main task chair.

Fully decided I'm going to get a Logitech Embody out here since its risk-free, just a matter of charging it. Will post receipt when I have it ordered.

Headrest for the Embody was expected in 2022 by Atlas-- so an Embody for December 2021 makes sense.

The price is definitely a kick to the nuts, especially since the Ergohuman was completely wasted around 1k.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
UPDATE: So I still have the Ergohuman and ate the loss on it. I've been using the HON Ignition this whole time as my main task chair.

Fully decided I'm going to get a Logitech Embody out here since its risk-free, just a matter of charging it. Will post receipt when I have it ordered.

Headrest for the Embody was expected in 2022 by Atlas-- so an Embody for December 2021 makes sense.

The price is definitely a kick to the nuts, especially since the Ergohuman was completely wasted around 1k.
What has been your favorite so far? I haven't even had my Titan for a year and I'm wanting to ditch it. The material/fabric is fantastic, but the chair is uncomfortable as fuck.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What has been your favorite so far? I haven't even had my Titan for a year and I'm wanting to ditch it. The material/fabric is fantastic, but the chair is uncomfortable as fuck.

Steelcase Gesture with headrest and Leap were my favorite.

- best arm rests
- best ergonomics. Fits like a glove, albeit the Leap allows you to "lean away" from the keyboard, so if you need a true upright semi forward tilt, avoid it

It hurt to send the Leap back, it had so much going for it, and was the best chair I have sat in to date-- exactly like Chanur said. The padding is just that insufficient, especially for a full grown man. It seems most people who don't run into problems with the seat padding are lightweight individuals or smaller stature people. If Steelcase agreed to address the padding and used the HON Ignition padding, I would re-order immediately.

I'll give you an example of how bad the padding is. After 20 minutes, I'm sitting on metal and get a sensation that I've never felt before in any other chair. Like a numbing of the ass and legs that nothing has ever caused before. Once you get sore in the ass from this chair over a few days of daily use, you can barely tolerate 5 minutes in it. A stark difference from the initial "WOW great ergonomics" feeling as soon as you sit down in it.

I won't throw the Titan out of my residence. I'm keeping it for now as a general use/lazy boy chair. It's best used when reclining. Its very sturdy and well made. But lacks any ergonomics at all. Would not reorder, even if they made changes to design. The type of chair it is can't support task-chair style use.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I won't throw the Titan out of my residence. I'm keeping it for now as a general use/lazy boy chair. It's best used when reclining. Its very sturdy and well made. But lacks any ergonomics at all. Would not reorder, even if they made changes to design. The type of chair it is can't support task-chair style use.
Yeah, I feel the same. It honestly wouldn't be that bad of a console playing chair to just recline back and kick your feet up on an ottoman or watching TV. I agree that it's fucking horrible as a "desk"/computer chair, however.

I'll have to check out the Leap and Gesture. What are their return policies like if you hate the ergonomics?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah, I feel the same. It honestly wouldn't be that bad of a console playing chair to just recline back and kick your feet up on an ottoman or watching TV. I agree that it's fucking horrible as a "desk"/computer chair, however.

I'll have to check out the Leap and Gesture. What are their return policies like if you hate the ergonomics?

No questions asked refund and you just put it back in the box and just collect the label from FedEx and slap it on there. Pickup is easy to schedule. Steelcase can do everything by phone, and just requires 1 additional call to FedEx I believe I recall, to schedule the actual pickup date. Which was an automated process. I did have to collect the label from the FedEx store. Steelcase also made email contact after the call I made about the potential return. I had said the specific fabric option wasn't working for me and I'd give it a few days. But the reality should be it's no questions asked and not liking the chair is good enough. Chanur also sent his back.

if you go headrest, go Gesture with headrest. Leap headrest is inferior in every way. No headrest, go Leap.

Same as Herman Miller. If you buy it in a showroom or a store, its a different story and you'll get stuck. The online shops for these two companies are 100% full refund no restocking fee. No-risk.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>

I'm honestly still not that happy with Embody, I kind of wish I had returned it and just kept my Titan. I just really don't like the front of the chair

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Last year a really needed new chair.

Bought a Herman Miller then realized it was going to to take two months to get to me so I also bought an Autonomous ErgoChair Pro+ just to see if I liked it. The ergo was around $1,000 less.

Ended up not liking the Ergo, but, my wife did so that is her chair now.

Ergo
1636851107603.png

When the Herman Miller Aeron finally showed up I was disappointed. While it had the THE BEST lumbar support I have ever felt the curved side lip wing things on the seat did not feel good on my ass/legs.

Aeron Example
1636851042483.png

Returned the Aeron and ended up getting a Gesture from Steelcase. the Gesture was in between Aeron and the Ergo as far as price. I am overall very happy with it, I just wish it had the lumbar support of the Aeron.

Gesture
1636851567831.png

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The Gesture kicks ass i just wish Steelcase would cave in on the feedback from heavier sitting folks and beef up the seat padding.

They haven't budged on it in a decade and negative reports have piled up. They're just dicks for not adding 3/4th inch more foam padding or using a less crushable foam.

If you are below 200 lbs it seems to be one of the most highly rated chairs of all.

Some bigger guys can make the Gesture seat work for long periods but its not common.