Office and gaming chairs

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Can't say enough about this Aeron. Obviously no upholstery concerns since its mesh and best in class fart dissipation.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
About to pull a trigger on a Secretlab. Anyone have experience or preference on the upholstery? Feel leather is easier to clean, but I have some durability concerns with it cracking and shit.
I have the cloth one and really like it. I feel like cloth will be cooler and last longer.

Behemoth

Trakanon Raider
I go about 6’8 265 and have only ever bought trash tier chairs from office max. I end up sitting in dozens of chairs just to find one where the top of the back or head rest don’t dig into my neck or shoulders.

At work they have the basic Aerons but only buy what I am guessing are size A with very short back. The plastic bits on side of the seat mesh dig into my legs. No idea how a size C would feel and the office resellers near me almost never have them.

Currently looking at a Secretlabs Titan XL or a Maxnomic Titanus or NeedForSeat XL (Dr. Disrespect’s current sponsored chair and I’m about the same size.)

Any other forum people of similar size have a recommendation?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I go about 6’8 265 and have only ever bought trash tier chairs from office max. I end up sitting in dozens of chairs just to find one where the top of the back or head rest don’t dig into my neck or shoulders.

At work they have the basic Aerons but only buy what I am guessing are size A with very short back. The plastic bits on side of the seat mesh dig into my legs. No idea how a size C would feel and the office resellers near me almost never have them.

Currently looking at a Secretlabs Titan XL or a Maxnomic Titanus or NeedForSeat XL (Dr. Disrespect’s current sponsored chair and I’m about the same size.)

Any other forum people of similar size have a recommendation?

Amazon product ASIN B079DH5HY2

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Bought about a year ago a Vertagear PL-6000, their biggest chair, and after a year there are no quality issues with it, but it flat out just isn't comfortable. I use a seat cushion on it to help with tail bone pain that I was getting, and it's acceptable for a while, but absolutely not worth it. I'm 6'6", 315lbs, and after a year the foam is still rock hard, and just sucks. Gonna maybe give it to the wife and pick up a different chair.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Almost a week into Secretlab ownership and it's such a monumental upgrade in comfort.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Grabbing the Serta chair from Office Depot... just can't do it with this junk anymore.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Which did you purchase? How is it with long gaming sessions?

I got a leather Omega. I'm not a very tall dude and I'm glad that's what I got. It's very comfortable. Way more than my couch. It's my ideal sitting spot in my pad.

Behemoth

Trakanon Raider
Ordered the Titan XL in softweave black today. Hopefully will get lucky and will ship sooner than the Jan 27 estimate.

When it arrives I’ll do some old chair/new chair photos with my giant self.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can't say enough about this Aeron. Obviously no upholstery concerns since its mesh and best in class fart dissipation.

Know anyone who has used a Sayl by Herman Miller? That is their "gaming" chair, and it's more within my spending budget at $770.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Know anyone who has used a Sayl by Herman Miller? That is their "gaming" chair, and it's more within my spending budget at $770.

Don't know anyone with that chair but keep in mind when buying Herman Miller their chairs are fairly "a la carte" and you have to pay extra for a lot of what would otherwise be base features on other chairs. Things like tilt lock are not standard on most of their chairs and are an add-on feature. Something to consider when looking at price points.

• 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

You can get a fully loaded Aeron for around $600 from places like Madison Seating. Someone here mentioned them years ago and that's where I got mine a few years ago.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
You can get a fully loaded Aeron for around $600 from places like Madison Seating. Someone here mentioned them years ago and that's where I got mine a few years ago.

As a fat fuck, 6'3" 314lbs currently, would an Aeron be okay? I'd have to buy a TitanXL if I went with Secretlab

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm a cheap fucking Bagel Eater and bought a Chinese knockoff "gaming" chair about 2 years ago - I think it was $100 or less. Honestly, it's one of the most uncomfortable chairs I've ever sat in and is pretty much the sole reason I'm not able to game longer than an hour or two at a time.

So, I'm really considering pulling the trigger on a Titan XL. Is it like other "gaming chairs" though? If it's comfy as hell I don't mind, but I'm also not looking to repeat my current chair with a slightly "comfier" seat - all for $530. Also, I like armrests that'll run roughly "parallel" to my desk. I hate if the armrests sit below or above - how adjustable are they? And lastly, as a non-fatty (5'11 181lbs.), should I go with the XL? I realize I don't really "need" it, but I also like chairs that are a bit "roomy", if you will.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I got my Secretlab Omega, amazing chair. I love that the bottom is designed like a car seat where there is no plate or hard plastic bottom and sags down with springs. I wish I would have saved and got this earlier. The quality of this chair is just superior to anything I've seen for the money.

I would have probably gone with the Titan had I known the width, not that it's bad but I would have preferred a bit wider.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I got my Secretlab Omega, amazing chair. I love that the bottom is designed like a car seat where there is no plate or hard plastic bottom and sags down with springs. I wish I would have saved and got this earlier. The quality of this chair is just superior to anything I've seen for the money.

I would have probably gone with the Titan had I known the width, not that it's bad but I would have preferred a bit wider.

What fabric? I think leather looks nicer, but I really hate how leather is hot in the summer and cold in the winter. Anybody have/try the softweave? How is it?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
What fabric? I think leather looks nicer, but I really hate how leather is hot in the summer and cold in the winter. Anybody have/try the softweave? How is it?
Softweave, I love it.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Never used leather chairs, so I can't compare, but I have the softweave Omega and love it. Seat is nice and soft, as the name implies. The raised sides of the Omega also use a smoother fabric as well, so shouldn't be getting any kind of rubbing irritation against it.

• 1Like