Official Everquest Team (TLP PvP?)

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
If you think that putting 30 minutes of work into PvP of any sort in EQ is worth the time you should avoid the game for life.

It's a dumb and broken system that never needs to be touched ever again and it won't be touched ever again.

The next time you see PvP in the patch notes or in an announcement from Darkpaw Games or any company that buys them out will be where they announce they are shutting every one of those servers off.

I enjoyed it back when.

It's been a persistent nag for years, that could go away with almost zero cost.

The only thing keeping this from happening are egos and shitty bluebies that run EQ.

I'd be ok if it failed, but to not try when the cost is fucking near zero? Lol

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I really don't expect to ever get a traditional TLP with PvP enabled but I don't think it's impossible to one day get another event server that runs for a little bit and is then mercifully put down.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I enjoyed it back when.

It's been a persistent nag for years, that could go away with almost zero cost.

The only thing keeping this from happening are egos and shitty bluebies that run EQ.

I'd be ok if it failed, but to not try when the cost is fucking near zero? Lol
How on earth would it cost zero?

Just sending out the email to say turn it on would cost money.

The only reason the Zek servers aren’t offline is because they are probably on old hardware it would cost more to repurpose than it is to just keep them on.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
How on earth would it cost zero?

Just sending out the email to say turn it on would cost money.

The only reason the Zek servers aren’t offline is because they are probably on old hardware it would cost more to repurpose than it is to just keep them on.

Near zero.

What development cost is there? Emu servers run on like 50$/mo?

I mean fuck start a go fund me if your company is so broke you can't redo a recent tlp with pvp on.

That's over simplifying it, but not by much

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Near zero.

What development cost is there? Emu servers run on like 50$/mo?

I mean fuck start a go fund me if your company is so broke you can't redo a recent tlp with pvp on.

That's over simplifying it, but not by much

This thread here has more traction than any PvP TLP would have and the metrics they are looking at show it.

I guarantee you wouldn’t play more than a week on one.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Why do you think this?

Because you and others aren’t playing on the live ones where you could be doing that low level PvP at least.

Because even Red99 has unique rules to it in order to entice people to it and I don’t know if it’s numbers justify its existence either.

• 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Because you and others aren’t playing on the live ones where you could be doing that low level PvP at least.

Because even Red99 has unique rules to it in order to entice people to it and I don’t know if it’s numbers justify its existence either.

Red 99 died, imo, due to shitty rules and fucked up GM's. Spent MONTHS repeating to those idiots why the ruleset would not work.

Played on vztz for years off and on.

Played on Zek for like 6 months beam kiting Deloth's sorry ass make alt to like 10000 AAs and to hang out with Ninnu / Darlana

Played from release to end of kunark on TZ

I might not play it for a month, or at all, but I kinda think I would.

Shit can be rough tho, there is always a B team on pvp servers and that wears people out.

AoCs help a lot with it tho

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Red 99 died, imo, due to shitty rules and fucked up GM's. Spent MONTHS repeating to those idiots why the ruleset would not work.

Played on vztz for years off and on.

Played on Zek for like 6 months beam kiting Deloth's sorry ass make alt to like 10000 AAs and to hang out with Ninnu / Darlana

Played from release to end of kunark on TZ

I might not play it for a month, or at all, but I kinda think I would.

Shit can be rough tho, there is always a B team on pvp servers and that wears people out.

AoCs help a lot with it tho
There was a fun PvP enabled guild on Selos that is how people are going to get into this.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would think any PVP server would have to be capped pretty early. Say classic-velious before resists on gear and AA make things stupid.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
There was a fun PvP enabled guild on Selos that is how people are going to get into this.

Rusty short sword?... Those guys were bads.

Kind of a bad example. You couldn't group with them because nothing landed, couldn't kill them unless pvp flagged, so ended up training them and dps racing until they tucked tail and left.

It really depends on how they setup the server. It could be good, but Holy Horseface will likely fuck it up out of spite

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Rusty short sword?... Those guys were bads.

Kind of a bad example. You couldn't group with them because nothing landed, couldn't kill them unless pvp flagged, so ended up training them and dps racing until they tucked tail and left.

It really depends on how they setup the server. It could be good, but Holy Horseface will likely fuck it up out of spite
Red Guides

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You know how there are minority groups within minority groups within minority groups? Kind of like a Down Syndrome, Midget, Samoan?

Yeah, that is you Sadist, EQ, PVP'ers.

giphy.gif

• 1Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Servers in industry cost money to run and maintain. Emus run on $50/mo servers because they don't have trade secrets to keep from hosting companies, and also they don't pay the people working on the servers. A single developer in San Diego is like $75,000/yr. Good luck paying that for the 2-3 people it'd take. With the income a PVP server would have for an ARPPU of 25 and an active player count of about 1k MAU, it's just not realistic.

Don't forget Darkpaw's history with EQ2's PVP servers in the past - they refuse to implement what players want and when they have ideas they want to implement, they're unable to do so because they need to work on expansions for 6 months out of the year.

Also EQEmu is ten times more optimized than live. It's not even fair to compare the computational power needed compared to live servers.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Servers in industry cost money to run and maintain. Emus run on $50/mo servers because they don't have trade secrets to keep from hosting companies, and also they don't pay the people working on the servers. A single developer in San Diego is like $75,000/yr. Good luck paying that for the 2-3 people it'd take. With the income a PVP server would have for an ARPPU of 25 and an active player count of about 1k MAU, it's just not realistic.

Don't forget Darkpaw's history with EQ2's PVP servers in the past - they refuse to implement what players want and when they have ideas they want to implement, they're unable to do so because they need to work on expansions for 6 months out of the year.

Also EQEmu is ten times more optimized than live. It's not even fair to compare the computational power needed compared to live servers.

If that's true, they should just shut down emu, confiscate if possible, make it all official, and open it under a sub.

Kahleem

Trakanon Raider
i'm all for level 4 magicians running around bullying people for a few hours, but man mages are probably so insanely unbalanced in pvp now compared to what they were in 99-2001 lol

Theres no way this will go anywhere, but i require the drama either way

Level 4 mages? Boy, I'll be rolling 5 necromancers and a shaman. Sowed necropets chasing someone down is the meme.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Lol this shits a throw back, i had to log on and see what shit i had on zek still

1582698744528.png

• 1Like