Old titties worth revisiting ? - post yours here.

Raign

Golden Squire
I am actually replaying Deus Ex GOTY at the moment and it still kicks the ass off 99% of the crap that has come out since despite showing a little age.
Planescape: Torment is my favorite of all time and holds up fine as well.
Temple of Elemental Evil with CoE pack is amazing.
Star Control 2 and Ultima V / VII or the Ultima Underworlds are some others.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
Master of Magic!

No, Dark Enchantress (Elementals) is not essentially the same game. Neither Age of Wonders and Heroes of Might of Magic series. I'm not sure about Eador but from what I've read it's like MoM, but probably Eador is the closest to it.

Master of Magic had very deep city management system and the Food, Gold and Mana resources were excellent. You generate food, gold and Mana mainly from your cities by building specific buildings (or by some places on the map like crystal nodes and Heroes).

I loved how you can choose how to distribute your mana. Around Skill, Research and Mana Pool.
I loved the Wizard creation where you pick from Magic Schools and Perks then choose your People's Race.
I loved how you can conquer other cities of different races and being able to produce units associated with that race.

The diplomacy between other wizards (treaties, alliance, wizard's pact...etc)

I think this game needs a sequel badly!

Pinch_sl

shitlord
My brother sent this to me - not sure if this has been posted here before. I now have no choice but to replay FF7.

Asherah

Silver Knight of the Realm
Master of Magic!
I agree, Master of Magic was really awesome. In way its a bit depressing that it probably still remains the best game in the genre after so long. I like how it even allowed you to create custom magical items for your heroes.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
I agree, Master of Magic was really awesome. In way its a bit depressing that it probably still remains the best game in the genre after so long. I like how it even allowed you to create custom magical items for your heroes.
I'm not sure how I ever missed that game. Was it a hit when it came out? I've always been a big fan of the genre. Although in 94 my cash flow was somewhat limited.

when stacks of enemy units meet, the game turns into a small tactical screen where you can direct them
I actually wondered many times how Civ games could improve the combat for unit stacks. If I read that description right this turns stack-battles into HOMM-style tactical combat? Because that sounds perfect.

Every time I see this Thread at a glance of the Title I can swear it say's "Old Titties worth Revisiting" and I think of Some of my Ex's Tits worth revisiting. Had to let you guy's kno this

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Every time I see this Thread at a glance of the Title I can swear it say's "Old Titties worth Revisiting" and I think of Some of my Ex's Tits worth revisiting. Had to let you guy's kno this
Come on man.

At least post them.

Lord-Unholy_sl

shitlord
Call of Duty 2 is always fun to go back to. I think I like Red Orchestra 2 better, but the fact there's no true LAN option for it really makes CoD2 our goto LAN shooter.

Asherah

Silver Knight of the Realm
I actually wondered many times how Civ games could improve the combat for unit stacks. If I read that description right this turns stack-battles into HOMM-style tactical combat? Because that sounds perfect.
It works really well in MoM. I guess they didn't use it in the Civ games because it would slow down the pace of the game.

Gorestabb

Bronze Knight of the Realm
After forgetting how terrible Dungeon Siege 3 was I started playing Dungeon Siege 2 again, which is a great game. I think I actually prefer it to the likes of Torchlight 2 and co.

I started getting back into Black & White a couple of weeks ago, but lost interest after my ape started acting retarded, on a similar vein, is Black & White 2 any good?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Not really "old" per se, but Star Ocean: The Last Hope fucking ruled. I could reply that game so many times.

Every few years I like to play a set of games that I loved in my childhood:

Legend of Zelda (original NES)
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
Phantasy Star 1 (Master System)
Phantasy Star 2 (Genesis)
Phantasy Star 4 (Genesis)
Final Fantasy VI (SNES)

I know them so well that I can beat them so easily, but fuck I loved those games so much.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hah, I thought it said: "Old titties worth revisiting".

Anyway, I really want to load up Tie Fighter again and save the Empire. Time to learn dosbox.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd love to play some Perfect Dark on the PC. Too lazy to emulate it.

EDIT: I recently revisted HL:Source (might as well be HL) and holy shit does that game get better with age. The moment you put on you HV suit and that music starts thumpin on the 7.1 that jimmy gets rock solid.

iannis

Musty Nester
Master of Magic was fantasy civ2 -- and a well done fantasy civ2 at that. If you liked it, get the "Fall from Heaven 2" modpack for civ4 (you can still find it at civfantatics I think, on their message board). It's about as close to MoM as you get with an updated interface.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Old titties worth revisiting ? - post yours here.
I came here expecting titties (wrong forum not withstanding), and all I see is a bunch of gaming shit. Damn you mods, damn you!

Gorestabb

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Which retarded mod changed the name of the thread? Change it back please before this what-used-to-be-good-thread gets rickshawed.

Venetir_sl

shitlord
I'd love to play some Perfect Dark on the PC. Too lazy to emulate it.

EDIT: I recently revisted HL:Source (might as well be HL) and holy shit does that game get better with age. The moment you put on you HV suit and that music starts thumpin on the 7.1 that jimmy gets rock solid.
Me and my at the time roommates played the hell out of Perfect Dark- it had such a fun (retarded) AI setup. We would do us vs an army of borderline retarded AI that would kill each other constantly with rockets and chase after us after we put a proximity mine on their back, or all of us against one super AI that would sneak out of vents near the toilet and kill us so fast we had no idea what was happening.

To add to the list or bump:

Star Ocean: Second Story
Valkyrie Profile 1 & 2
Nier- even with the changes I agree, the music and dialog/story are great
Suikoden (most of them)- if you can deal with "old timey graphics"