Old titties worth revisiting ? - post yours here.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you haven't spent months of your life playing Lords of the Realm 2 you fucked up.

If you haven't played V:TM Bloodlines kill yourself.
I loved the shit out of Lotr2. The spin offLords of Magicor whatever wasnt bad, either. I spent an unnecessary amount of time playing that old old ass game "Castles" for whatever reason too.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Summoner 1 and 2. If you liked KOTOR and similar games you'll like these. Summoner 1 is a bit slow to start and rough around the edges but as one of the PS2 launch titles and especially one of the precious few western RPG's I enjoyed it immensely.

A pain in the ass to set up and get actually working (most PC games from the 90~93 era are) but 7th Guest successfully creeped my teenage self out as well.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I bought Temple of Elemental Evil the day it came out years and years ago, but couldn't level past 2 because the game was so buggy. However, the Circle of Eight mod community has been releasing patches and content for it since it was released. It's an extremely enjoyable experience now. If you loved IWD, the BG series, and Torment, do yourself a favor and try it out.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
I bought Temple of Elemental Evil the day it came out years and years ago, but couldn't level past 2 because the game was so buggy. However, the Circle of Eight mod community has been releasing patches and content for it since it was released. It's an extremely enjoyable experience now. If you loved IWD, the BG series, and Torment, do yourself a favor and try it out.
The first hour or so of the game is what made me give up when it came out. It is boring as hell until you actually get to the temple. Tried it again with CO8 a couple years ago and it was great.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I semi-recently found Nox on gog.com, and that's held up pretty well. The single player campaigns are a little on the short side, but I'd still say it's my personal favorite Diablo Clone.

Kenadul

Golden Knight of the Realm
Star Wars: Republic Commando. Not a particularly deep game, but I enjoyed it. Squad-based FPS.
I had a lot of fun with that game when it came out. I think it had pretty bad reviews but it was fun for what it was. The person who mentioned the Black Isle games is right they had a great set of games back then. I used to play EQ on Solusek Ro with a lot of their employees. I wonder if them all playing EQ helped lead to their demise. I feel like they are one of the studios that got shut down that didn't deserve it, they did great work.

My recommendation is Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. It is slightly buggy at times but the single player game was a little different than most at the time and a lot of fun. The multiplayer was also a blast but I'm not sure if it's active at all now.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Oh god, yes, Dark Messiah is still one of the few if not the only game that nailed FPS melee combat.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Giant waste of an hour of my time. This game has not aged well. I don't have time to fuck with poor game design. Writing was pretty good, too bad.
Utter heresy. Planescape is the best game of all time. It is known. Did you get the GoG version with all the updated mods?

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Anthology version from Atari.

rrr_img_18091.jpg

Caliane

Anthology version from Atari.

rrr_img_18091.jpg
is this updated to work with modern pcs?

That is one of the advantages of GoG.

And yeah, I didn't like planescape much at all either. The combat is shit and frankly, has little to no reason to be there. The game would have played much better as a pure point/click/text adventure game.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
What is the consensus on SimCity 4 Deluxe? I've forgotten if it was good or not since it was some time ago and reading the SimCity thread gave me an itch to play a city building game again