Old titties worth revisiting ? - post yours here.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I just recently bought Jet Set Radio on steam, and it's still just as fun as it was on the dreamcast all those years ago. Pretty cheap as well.

Oh and Crash Bandicoot still to me holds the test of time and is fun as fuck to play even now.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Utter heresy. Planescape is the best game of all time. It is known. Did you get the GoG version with all the updated mods?
I'll have to double check my version. On the recommendation of the internet I tried planescape: torment about a month ago and fell asleep in the intro level where you're listening to zombies talk and haven't been able to get back into it. I think I just need to play it until I get enveloped in the game.

Composter

Golden Knight of the Realm
A couple I may have missed:

Master of Magic
Arcananum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
Gold Box Series -- I still fire up Pools of Radiance once every 3 or 4 years
Warlords 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'll have to double check my version. On the recommendation of the internet I tried planescape: torment about a month ago and fell asleep in the intro level where you're listening to zombies talk and haven't been able to get back into it. I think I just need to play it until I get enveloped in the game.
Tell me about it, tried to get into it last summer, installed all the mods and patches (GoG version) and just stopped playing after like an hour and never touched it since. I can see how the game should be great and I recently picked up KotOR again after playing like 2 hours of it, so I will probably get around to finishing it at some point, but the UI of old games is seriously pain.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
On Torment, some people are really turned off by the Mortuary. My first playthru I got out as fast as I could, but in later playthrus I explored every nook, and there are so many interesting tidbits in there.

Stick with it, you'll be so rewarded. I wish I could erase my memory of it and experience it all again.

Caliane

A couple I may have missed:

Master of Magic
Arcananum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
Gold Box Series -- I still fire up Pools of Radiance once every 3 or 4 years
Warlords 2
A word on Arcananum. I had to go look to see if it was on GoG. becuase I am pretty sure the original, won't work on newer systems. It is, so a patched version is out.
http://www.gog.com/gamecard/arcanum_...magick_obscura

This is one of the best, and one of the worst crpgs...
From Troika. When it came out. broken and buggy. there were multiple ways to break your character and not be able to progress. Some patching was done. but not really enough to fix all the problems. (I can't say if the modern version have a fan patch fixing all the problems)

The writing and RP is top notch. Probably the best ever.

Your dialogue options change based on int for example. dumb characters sound dumb. Until they can't even speak.
Multiple ways to solve most things. Got a quest to collect something from a character? you can just kill them and take it, seduce them, maybe buy it, complete a task for them?, etc.

iannis

Musty Nester
No one mentioned Arx Fatalis?

It's only 10 years old. That game was really interesting without being really great. Interesting enough to remember for 10 years.

Just a neat fucking game.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you haven't played it, Rome Total War with the realism mod is pretty fucking amazing. It was the last Total War game, minus the lame barbarian invasion expansion, that wasn't shit on by Sega.

Siliconemelons

Illusions of Gia - I like the story and as a younger kid when I first got to play through this game I got into the character and his journey with his little sweetheart and stuff- and its quite fun :)

Lunar SSSC + EBC - the PS1 complete versions are imo the best - To me Lunar SSSC is the epitome of classic RPG - the music, the classic story, classic characters etc... people say its "generic" but it does the "standard" to elegantly and perfectly that its worth the experiance.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
You need to get out of the mortuary and start exploring outside. Force yourself to play 3-4 hours, pay attention to the dialogue/story, and you'll be hooked. It is hands down the most engaging interactive story of all time.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Illusions of Gia - I like the story and as a younger kid when I first got to play through this game I got into the character and his journey with his little sweetheart and stuff- and its quite fun :)
I wanted to second Illusion of Gaia. If you, like me, played through this as a kid you probably didn't fully appreciate the historical references and complexity of the story. I played through it a few years ago and all of that stuff added so much more to the (already great) game. I highly urge anyone who hasn't played it since childhood to go back and give it a quick run through.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Speaking of Illusion of Gaia, Terranigma is essentially a better version that only came out in the PAL territories. You can easily find it for emulators now and I assure you, it's well worth your time. Of the Soulblazer, Gaia, Terranigma trilogy, Terranigma is far and away the best.

On a side note: any quintet game is worth looking up. They developed the Gaia trilogy. Although, it really should be called the Actraiser quadrilogy.

W

Wrathcaster

Fallout 1 & 2 always get this for me. I replay both every few years. First Deathclaw encounter still gets to me, as does accidentally gibbing dogmeat repeatedly.

A few others I've had fun with recently:

Master of Orion 2: Still holds up really well if you're really into 4x and can cajole it into working on your system. Combat is better than most "modern" 4x games and honestly it's damn near as deep as anything currently on the market overall. It's a goddamn shame this never got the sequel it really deserved. A few tweaks and a new graphics engine is all this needs to be an orgasmic game.

Ground Control: Enjoyed the hell out of this game, really loved the notion of a very tactical RTS without all the focus on build orders and macro gaming.

Giants: Citizen Kabuto: Single player campaigns for this still make me lol. Can't say it's the most incredible game ever created but it cracks me the fuck up.

Think someone already mentioned Sacrifice- that game was truly amazing and I haven't seen anything quite like it since.

And last but not least...

Gemstone IV. First mmo experience I ever had when I was a kid. I'm still amazed by just how much of an impact this game had on me being purely a text based MUD. Think they still offer free trials for it? It's ridiculously expensive for what it is as a monthly fee now but every so often I'll run through a 30 day trial and get like 500 nostalgia boners.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Fallout 1 & 2 are on GOG, though I think the original discs still run fine in Win7. GOG also has MOO 1+2 & 3, Ground Control 1 & 2, Giants: Citizen Kabuto and Sacrifice. They are really locked in on your brand of nostalgia.

Zanaver_sl

shitlord
Kohan 2: Kings of War.
Was super fucking excited that it was released on Steam since I lost my CDs and was using a cracked version that crashed constantly.