Old titties worth revisiting ? - post yours here.

I played ultima 7 and ultima 7 part 2 last year using exult (different game engine that supports multiple resolutions and other features) which are pretty fun games
I bought this from GOG , man the controls are so unresponsive....i really want to dive into it as i only played Ultima III on the NES and 9 for PC which was shit. Read how its one of the best RPGs ever made but guess ill try that exult see if that makes it a bit more tolerable for me.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Planescape : Torment not mentioned yet. I guess folks are assuming it goes without saying.

Best game ever made in any genre, just happens to be a great RPG.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I have fond memories of a game released in 1991 called Dusk of the Gods. Norse mythology is always a plus.

Gorestabb

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Silent Stormwhich is available on GoG.com. It's kind of a cross between XCOM UFO Defence and Fallout Tactics, but in a WW2 setting. Good old turn-based combat.

rrr_img_17547.jpg

rrr_img_17547.jpg

rrr_img_17547.jpg

Azziane_sl

shitlord
Daggerfall. I find it ages pretty well, as far as old games go. Not sure it would appeal to someone who never played it before, but definitely a great game to go back to. Incredible character creation and all the bugs that plagued it back in the day can be fixed now.

I'm tempted to try ultima underworld. Was there a big difference in GFX/resolution between 1 and 2? I can't remember.

Also - love this thread!

Szlia

Relatively recent, highly overlooked, worth playing:

Nier
Truth be told, it's only worth playing as a UGO (Unidentified Gaming Object), because of its totally strange mix of styles and tones and its very bizarre and highly original story. The whole edifice is less than the sum of its parts, more than a bit shaky and far from satisfying.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Commandos series, unless you like jacking off with sandpaper, it's safe to play Commandos 2 and 3 only, because the first one remains as one of the few games I just couldn't finish.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Relatively recent, highly overlooked, worth playing:

Nier
I wanted to play Nier, but I could not get over the horrifically ugly and pointless changes they made to the Western version of the game so I ended up skipping it.

Also everyone should go replay Mega Man X for shits and giggles, definitely. The first few MMX games are by far the best Mega Man games ever made.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Truth be told, it's only worth playing as a UGO (Unidentified Gaming Object), because of its totally strange mix of styles and tones and its very bizarre and highly original story. The whole edifice is less than the sum of its parts, more than a bit shaky and far from satisfying.
I'd say the only thing truly awful about Nier was the fishing, and even that was no worse than other fishing minigames out there, like say in Yakuza 3. Shaky, perhaps at times, but I couldn't disagree more about the game as a whole being unsatisfying.

Pretty sure a game from 2010 doesn't count as an 'old title worth revisiting' though.

I wanted to play Nier, but I could not get over the horrifically ugly and pointless changes they made to the Western version of the game so I ended up skipping it.
Which changes? Gestalt looked a lot better than Replicant to me, and I definitely would not have wanted to play as the brother instead of the father as the main character. I seem to recall there were some differences between the PS3 and 360 versions in NA too, but I played the PS3 version of course.

Zareth

Trakanon Raider
Homeworld 2 is an amazing game and if you haven't played it yet and like RTS games it's worth giving it a go as it has held up surprisingly well given how old it is.

Rhuobhe

N00b
Close Combat 3
Birthright: Gorgon's Alliance
Birth of the Federation
Star Wars: Rebellion
Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Definitely any of the Black Isle RPGs, Baldrs Gate 1 & 2, Planescape, Icewind Dale. Their hand-drawn art styles don't look too shabby by todays standards(as long as you get a mod to up the resolution, so you aren't stuck playing in an 800x600 window). The Baldurs Gate and Planescape games have the best storylines, but I also still like the Icewind Dale games, they seem to be a little faster paced with more action.

I probably bust them out and replay them every 2 or 3 years, they just never get old. Still the closest thing we have to a true D&D pen&paper experience on a PC

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Second on VTM:Bloodlines... I was really sad when they canned the VTM MMO.

FF:Tactics / Vandal Hearts -- I miss this type of game, especially with the blood of VH.

Needless

Toe Sucker

Also everyone should go replay Mega Man X for shits and giggles, definitely. The first few MMX games are by far the best Mega Man games ever made.
The character personalities and music alone is worth playing through it, Kaine is probably one of my favorite characters to date with the mouth she has haha

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Shining Force 1&2, Phantasy Star 2, 3 & 4 are all on Steam for like 2.99$ a piece. Didnt notice any of that till Sterling said something, so maybe Im not the only one. You could always Emu those games, but I have shit for luck running any of those Games through an Emulator personally. All of which are great games if you give them a chance.

Maybe this is a good place to ask >
Does anyone remember a game that was from 200#'s that had characteristics of maybe Never Winter Nights grouping, town characteristics of say maybe... Heroes of Might and Magic, and the animations and graphics were almost like a Claymation type of deal? I remember playing a Demo when I was in the Army but never had time to actually buy/play it. Sorry if its to vague!

caramon13_sl

shitlord
Ok, I'm thinking of a few decent ones that I grew up with:

Police Quest series
Kings Quest series (cept the last ones that were sucky)
Space Quest series

Monkey Island (lame humor, but was pretty fun, 1 and 2)

Most of the above I found on GameFly (used to be Direct 2 drive)

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Silver (a very underrated game)
Heroes of Might and Magic II
Dungeon Keeper II
Thief I , II , III