Oldboy Remake

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wasn't this gonna be a will smith movie, that was the rumor for a while, why remake such a masterpiece just rewatch the original, they won't dare to get it right.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
are they using the manga or the movie for source material? imo it just looks like spike lee saw the movie, said, lets give it a 2013 update and... that's it.

are they using the manga or the movie for source material? imo it just looks like spike lee saw the movie, said, lets give it a 2013 update and... that's it.
Considering it looks like he already knows what his daughter looks like when he's released this version is already making a major departure from the original. No clue why they need to remake this anyway, especially if they aren't going to go all the way.

dechire

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Considering it looks like he already knows what his daughter looks like when he's released this version is already making a major departure from the original.
This is whats making me crazy, i felt like that was the entire finale and intrinsic to the revenge plot. In all fairness I usually give remakes a chance, to me its like going to see another production of Hamlet or something but this just bothers me.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I'll spoiler it anyway even though the statute of limitations has run out:

I'll guarantee you the twist is intact: the woman they showed on the TV is a completely different girl than his daughter (probably an actor hired to say some lines), while his real daughter is that other chick helping him.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
since the 1st time i heard about this shit:
Maximum_Over-rustle.gif

plus i read that they want to remake one of my favourite movies: Sympathy for Lady Vengeance
again,the same gif above

ttt.81_sl

shitlord
Okay, first I was like "let him do the remake, the worst that could happen is, that I simply don't want to watch it". But after taking it through the trailer ... wtf, seroiusly, I really think, he messed it up!

Cool what Clint Eastwood said about the trailer: ?Spike Lee should shut his face.? ^^

dechire

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'll spoiler it anyway even though the statute of limitations has run out:

I'll guarantee you the twist is intact: the woman they showed on the TV is a completely different girl than his daughter (probably an actor hired to say some lines), while his real daughter is that other chick helping him.
If that's the case I'll be ok. tho mah rustle still be jimmied.

If they keep the big twist and don't hold back with the violence, I might check it out at some point (not seeing it in theaters either way). But still don't see the point in a remake.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i just rewatched... anyone remember the bad guy "said" he had a pacemaker that turns off with a remote, and in the end he drops the remote and see's if oldboy will use it, he does, except it was a lie, and it plays a recording of oldboy and daughter doing it, yea that's not gonna happen in the remake.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Was that the new olsen sister as his daughter? at least we might see some olsen titties.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
This shouldn't have been called Oldboy if it's not a faithful remake which from the trailer certainly seems to be the case. There's so many movies out there though where this applies that I guess I shouldn't be surprised.