On a scale of 1-10, how much of a pedo is Gaige?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I've seen interviews with poison where they said they hated every rose. But they looked around at other bands with a power ballad and they always removed the chicks panties. So they wrote one and kept playing a song they hated because it got them laid. I think it was the same story with most of those bands from the era.

Motley Crue has a power ballad too. 'Home Sweet Home'. I primarily like Poison for 'Talk Dirty to Me', and Motley Crue for "Girls, Girls, Girls"

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
You're all fags for enjoying ANY of those songs. Here, grow your dicks back and listen to some real fucking metal.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Can't see videos behind the firewall, but I'm going to assume you linked a nickleback song.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Can't see videos behind the firewall, but I'm going to assume you linked a nickleback song.
Sounds like someone who needs a mint for his bad breath. Here is Manowar - Wheels of Fire to wash away the gay:

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
To each their own and all, but I've never been able to enjoy what I like to call "Wharblegarble" or "Grunting" Metal. I have never been able to "get" it. The vocals are a huge determining factor as to whether or not I listen to a band, and when I can barely distinguish the vocals from another instrument, that just doesn't work for me. I mean, good musicianship is a factor, but just about any non-top 40 band has decent musicianship nowadays. I loved David Lee Roth Van Halen, tolerated Van Hagar, and never once listed to Sharone (sp) Halen, because even if they were all masterful musicians, I didn't like the vocals. System of a Down is another perfect example. By all accounts, great musicians, but I can't listen to it without wanting to shoot at least one of the vocalists in the head.

Growing up with Iron Maiden, Metallica, Slayer, Exodus, Mercyful Fate, etc. I definitely had my share of "metal" experiences I feel, but I still never got into bands like Bathory because the vocals just drove me away. And if I ever want to listen to something solely for musical excellence, and I don't want to have to contend with (to me) horrible vocals, I'd rather just pop in something like Ottmar Leibert.

Oh, and pedos.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Thought it was fun in GH3-LoR. Also, Trollface cameos as guitarist. Totally thread related.

iannis

Musty Nester
I think Grunt Metal becomes more accessible once you spend some time listening to true noise bands or electronica. I used to not like grunt metal and it was for a lot of the same reasons. It seemed like there wasn't any craft to it at all, it's just wharrgarbling with a vocalist so that you don't have to admit to being an instrumental only band. And a lot of it isexactlythat -- but there are exceptions. Breaking the sound of the voice away from the symbol of the words is exactly the point. Forcibly breaking you out trying to listen to the lyrics is part of the instrumental effect.

Some grunt metal bands get that and some don't. Some grunt metal is just a guy who thinks he's Ozzy Ozbourne screaming into a microphone and ruining his throat. And then some of it isastoundinglysubtle. So much that you would easily miss it entirely, considering the context.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
That's an incredibly logical post! I suppose you're right, if I had spent more time looking around I probably could have found some I didn't mind, but everything I had heard up to that point turned me off, so I just stopped. Early Exodus is about as close as I ever got, and that's really nothing like a Bathory, for example. It is probably along the lines of there actually being country songs that I like, but I'm not going to go looking for them. However, since country gets a lot more radio/music video play, I'm likely to hear one or two I like just by chance, whereas I'm almost never going to hear Grunt Metal by accident, I have to specifically look for it.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Older metalheads have a hard time getting into the extreme metals. My dad thinks bands like Primal Fear and Nightwish are better than Opeth and Agalloch, which is objectively incorrect.

Pink Floyd isn't metal Johnny. My favorite prog band, though.

Gaige still a pedo.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'd imagine I'm probably around your dad's age, so I'd agree to an extent, except I don't really care for bands like Primal Fear or Nightwish either. I downloaded both of their discographies a year or two ago, and probably never listened to more than 2 or 3 songs per album, at most, and never listened again. They aren't *bad* per se, but they just don't do it for me. I'd rather listen to them than Opeth (never even heard of Agalloch), but if I had my choice I wouldn't listen to either.

However, I realize it is all subjective. I am a HUGE King Diamond/Mercyful Fate fan, and I know his voice really irks some people, so I can't really complain too much.

Now I have to listen to some Mercyful before I go to bed!

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Thought it was fun in GH3-LoR. Also, Trollface cameos as guitarist. Totally thread related.
Dragonforce1.jpg

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I think he would be if it were legal, but for now, he's decided to stick with 16yr. olds.*

*Age restriction changes by jurisdiction.

Johnny53

Vyemm Raider
okay......don't we all desire a younger female ?.............your choice a 50 year old or a 21 year old ? 21 wins...right, 40 year old or and 18 year old....18 right ?
maybe we all desire a younger female, but some of us have the sense to avoid jailbait, as for me...I just like them to be STD free