On becoming an electrician

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Ran two three inch conduit through four walls with one kicker and 2 90s to land it. Couldn’t move any of the existing pipe, due to hospital junction. The machine used to pull the 4 cables of wire was insane, just getting them off the spool into a cluster of 4 took all my body weight with arms and shoulders. Did it twice at 150 feet each. I didn’t take any more pictures but very solid work. Hell of a three day haul.
Fuck the boiler room though that shit was 90+ in there.
IMG_0739.jpeg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Fuck this ladder, fuck this roof, fuck these fans. Ladder was barely holding on, roof was reflecting the sun and while holding me it was spongy and felt terrible to walk on. Fans needed belts and a few replaced, heavy fuckers.
Was a good day.
IMG_0810.jpeg
IMG_0814.jpeg
IMG_0811.jpeg
IMG_0812.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Tell them OSHA requires a fixed industrial ladder exceeding 20 feet to have a cage around it unless it's for emergency egress only. Ask them why you are having to go UP an egress only ladder. Under 1910.21

I'm sure they get some limited use waiver and such.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Tell them OSHA requires a fixed industrial ladder exceeding 20 feet to have a cage around it unless it's for emergency egress only. Ask them why you are having to go UP an egress only ladder. Under 1910.21

After you get paid, of course.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
After you get paid, of course.

Weigh how much the company fears getting a larger fine from OSHA compared to how much they pay you. I have seen it a lot. FYI don't use the term blackmail. "Bringing it to their attention" and maybe throw in how you aren't happy about it. Not me of course, just saying.

• 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Bosses always love having employees come to them telling them a job is unsafe and OSHA wouldn't approve of it being worked. Always.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fuck this ladder, fuck this roof, fuck these fans. Ladder was barely holding on, roof was reflecting the sun and while holding me it was spongy and felt terrible to walk on. Fans needed belts and a few replaced, heavy fuckers.
Was a good day.
View attachment 526181
Your picture just triggered my ptsd from the time I did a roof where the only way up was to climb a fully extended 32 and then transfer over to a wall-bolted ladder to finish the climb. REEEEEEE

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

Here is the other way up and down…I said fuck that.
IMG_0820.jpeg

may this point I have been up and down that ladder about 10 times and I think we are done for a while.