One Piece

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
That's kind of reduction to absurdity though. I wasn't talking about all animated shows, but anime specifically.
What he is saying is that not all anime is the same. There are different types of genres just like there are in western cartoons. That would be like saying, "The Walking Dead sucks, so all TV shows in the U.S. must suck".

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Only watched one of two of the animated show but the live action seems so much better.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Only watched one of two of the animated show but the live action seems so much better.
The anime has been running almost as long as the manga. They have it paced pretty well to avoid having much filler.

The casting for the Netflix series was pretty awesome. Not sure how they will handle Chopper and Brooks, but if they can get Fran and Robin as spot on as the rest, this is going to print money for them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The anime has been running almost as long as the manga. They have it paced pretty well to avoid having much filler.

Uhh..... I don't think a bigger lie has ever been told. The series may as well be called "All Filler" instead of "One Piece"

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
What he is saying is that not all anime is the same. There are different types of genres just like there are in western cartoons. That would be like saying, "The Walking Dead sucks, so all TV shows in the U.S. must suck".
Seems like we're going in circles a bit. Again just like I never said "all animation sucks" I never said "all animated shows from Japan suck". I was specifically talking about the genre called anime.

The reason I piss and moan about this is that I've had the same experience over and over. I read online some discussion about some anime story. It sounds so interesting that I search it out... and seconds into it I'm like oh fuck this, its this shit again. The content is often interesting - but the style is painfully cringe inducing, I mean like on the same level of cringe as gangsta rap (although obviously with a very different style!). Its like oh fuck turn that shit off now, I hope no one saw me watching it, and I think a little different about the dude that recommended it.

Rather than list out all the obviously embarassingly fucking dumb aspects of the typical anime, and then debating each one, lets just take a shortcut. Think for yourself about all the most stereotypical aspects of anime. Now tell me is there some sub genre of anime out there, where they are all completely absent? Where you wouldnt even know it was anime because its so unlike the stereotypical anime?

I am geniuiinely curious if a little skeptical.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Seems like we're going in circles a bit. Again just like I never said "all animation sucks" I never said "all animated shows from Japan suck". I was specifically talking about the genre called anime.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Your contributions are always appreciated. I dunno if its your vast range of expertise or your eloquence, but yeah. Thanks brother.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Probably the first "PG 13" show my wife let my kids (7/8) watch. We enjoyed it and its also the first show all 4 of us ever watch together that isn't drastically made for one of our demographics - pretty cool.

Cybsled

Rather than list out all the obviously embarassingly fucking dumb aspects of the typical anime, and then debating each one, lets just take a shortcut. Think for yourself about all the most stereotypical aspects of anime. Now tell me is there some sub genre of anime out there, where they are all completely absent

Just go watch Berzerk - the one from the 90s, not the recent shit. If you still think that sucks, then it’s a lost cause

jmal2000

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Grew up on One Piece in 2000s. I watched the live action. They did the anime justice. I like the pirates of the Caribbean feel to it. Next season has CROCODILE!!!!!!!

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I wonder if chopper will just be a small person in a suit/mask, or CGI... The former I guess due to $

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I wonder if chopper will just be a small person in a suit/mask, or CGI... The former I guess due to $
They could always just adjust the "reindeer -> human" form slider bar a little more towards human and do it with a midget. Hat always on would let them make the antlers part of the hat.