One Piece

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So I am correct. My condolences for your childhood trauma.
when you act like a faggot, i call you a faggot. when i asked a question, i wasnt calling you a faggot, when you attacked me for no reason. then you solidified your faggot moniker. faggot.

joz123

Potato del Grande
nobody wants your opinion. i would have listened to Harshaw, but i didnt know he was your boyfriend. so, the two of you bought this.
You seem to contradict yourself a lot. You want opinions on the show but not certain people's. Makes no fucking sense. Then you just hijack the thread to make it about yourself.

John Malkovich Narcissist GIF by Narcissistic Abuse Rehab

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You seem to contradict yourself a lot. You want opinions on the show but not certain people's. Makes no fucking sense. Then you just hijack the thread to make it about yourself.

John Malkovich Narcissist GIF by Narcissistic Abuse Rehab
certain people=people who attack me instead of answering a simple question.

here, let me restate my question.
do i need to watch 15 years of cartoons to get into this show ? is it better than ass hoe ka?

Oldbased

> Than U
certain people=people who attack me instead of answering a simple question.
To answer your question, I had never watched the anime stuff as anime is gay, but the live action series was easy to follow. I had no outstanding questions.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
To answer your question, I had never watched the anime stuff as anime is gay, but the live action series was easy to follow. I had no outstanding questions.
ya see, thats all i wanted to know. thats why i love ya olebased. you can call me names, but at least you answered my question.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You really have this hang up with calling people homos and faggots. Did your uncles molest you as a child? Do you cringe at the sight of your own penis?
Woah dude, you're really going out on a limb assuming anyone on this board can still see their own penis.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
is this something i need to watch 15 years of cartoons to understand? is it better than ass hoe ka?
Honestly, no. I have sporadically read some of the manga, and sporadically watched some episodes (while my wife was in her obsessive phase over it) and I could have followed the show without even that. Things you need to be ready for :
  • It's unapolegetic about being based on an Anime, including the dialoge style and melodramatic overacting at points, but that's part of what makes this what it is.
  • If you ever do go back and watch the anime (which is YEARS worth), or read the Manga (which is close to DECADES worth) you might get a little confused because they're shuffling around some of the timeline in terms of when certain characters show up and things happen. (I figure this is because they realize they're never going to get to go as long as the animated series did so are working to get the high notes in.)
  • On the other hand many of the scenes you can tell they went to great length to make sure were direct love letters to the manga/anime. (if you had read/watched it)
  • Despite the contradictory nature of being able to swim.... Fish people are the American inventors of the One Piece world, and they are also unapologetic about that as well.... (to the point I'm kinda surprised they're not on a fast train to cancel-ville for it...)
  • And comparatively, IMHO, this has been more enjoyable than ANYTHING Disney has put out in terms of Star Wars or MCU on the small screen.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Honestly, no. I have sporadically read some of the manga, and sporadically watched some episodes (while my wife was in her obsessive phase over it) and I could have followed the show without even that. Things you need to be ready for :
  • It's unapolegetic about being based on an Anime, including the dialoge style and melodramatic overacting at points, but that's part of what makes this what it is.
  • If you ever do go back and watch the anime (which is YEARS worth), or read the Manga (which is close to DECADES worth) you might get a little confused because they're shuffling around some of the timeline in terms of when certain characters show up and things happen. (I figure this is because they realize they're never going to get to go as long as the animated series did so are working to get the high notes in.)
  • On the other hand many of the scenes you can tell they went to great length to make sure were direct love letters to the manga/anime. (if you had read/watched it)
  • Despite the contradictory nature of being able to swim.... Fish people are the American inventors of the One Piece world, and they are also unapologetic about that as well.... (to the point I'm kinda surprised they're not on a fast train to cancel-ville for it...)
  • And comparatively, IMHO, this has been more enjoyable than ANYTHING Disney has put out in terms of Star Wars or MCU on the small screen.
Thank you, Mr Haus. i dont have time to watch the show tonight, but i got tomorrow after i get back from a flea market. one last question, any hot chicks in it? do they get naked?

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Thank you, Mr Haus. i dont have time to watch the show tonight, but i got tomorrow after i get back from a flea market. one last question, any hot chicks in it? do they get naked?
No nudity, and this early in the anime/manga there weren't a ton of hot chicks outside Nami (already shown in this thread). IMHO, Hot chick crewmate will happen when they pick up the character named Nico Robin.

Although even with no nudity, there's enough death, and even enough blood that this is NOT a "4 kids" show....

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just finished this up and found it really enjoyable. Good easy going fun show. I never read or watched One Piece so I had zero expectations. I just assumed it would bomb like Cowboy Bebop. But this show delivered. They sure found a recipe for success on how to make a live action anime show and not a show based on an anime. Glad to see it got renewed quickly for a season 2. If there wasnt over a thousand episodes, Id be interested in watching the anime.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Just finished this up and found it really enjoyable. Good easy going fun show. I never read or watched One Piece so I had zero expectations. I just assumed it would bomb like Cowboy Bebop. But this show delivered. They sure found a recipe for success on how to make a live action anime show and not a show based on an anime. Glad to see it got renewed quickly for a season 2. If there wasnt over a thousand episodes, Id be interested in watching the anime.
Yeah, if you can imagine. The 8 episodes you just watched spanned around the first 90 episodes of the anime, IIRC. They left some things out obviously, but one thing you learn about anime is the dreaded "filler arc" heh. And they just lopped all that bullshit right on out.

• 2Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Apparently they wanted 2 more episodes to do the Logue Town arc but Netflix said no.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Apparently they wanted 2 more episodes to do the Logue Town arc but Netflix said no.
Yeah, but I figure that can be first part of next season... Netflix really doesn't seem to like committing to more than 8 or so episodes in a season of anything. I am wondering if they had any inkling of how well it would be received if they would have chosen differently on 2 more episodes....

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user