One Piece

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Figured it out, main character has Autism. No grasp of social clues just goes back to pirates are awesome everytime. You got cut down and almost died, join me because pirates are cool. Your childhood was fucked and you are damaged, join my crew because...pirates!

Donald Trump Republicans GIF by Election 2016

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Most of the way through this now with my wife and wishing we'd watched with the kids, I think theyd get into it. I'm shocked at the lack of gayness and race bullshit. What is this, just some kind of fun little story without far left propaganda?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Most of the way through this now with my wife and wishing we'd watched with the kids, I think theyd get into it. I'm shocked at the lack of gayness and race bullshit. What is this, just some kind of fun little story without far left propaganda?
They blew the budget on hiring the trans guy to play Koby

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
I'm shocked at the lack of gayness and race bullshit. What is this, just some kind of fun little story without far left propaganda?

Welcome to Japanese media. It has none of those things. The One Piece live action adopts the story beats from the anime/manga and didntadd any western wokeness. Been watching a lot more anime recently because of this.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Welcome to Japanese media. It has none of those things. The One Piece live action adopts the story beats from the anime/manga and didntadd any western wokeness. Been watching a lot more anime recently because of this.
this is... well, i mean it's great for you, but i hate anime... sadface

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
this is... well, i mean it's great for you, but i hate anime... sadface
Yeah. Anime is just so agressively cringe inducing. It could be the most wholesome and creative stories in the world and 30 seconds in I'd still be like "fuck this shit".

Amazing that they've managed to make an adaptation thats this watchable.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

Emporio_Ivankov_Anime_Infobox.png

• 1Worf

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I mean, that’s clearly a Rocky Horror Picture Show inspired thing
That's Emporio Ivankov, whose devil fruit power is hormones. She can turn herself and others into men or women. The so called Queen of Queens. She leads an army of LGBT characters.

joz123

Potato del Grande
That's Emporio Ivankov, whose devil fruit power is hormones. She can turn herself and others into men or women. The so called Queen of Queens. She leads an army of LGBT characters.
Japanese version of Vanessa?

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I’m not familiar with the anime but I just finished this and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I realize when watching this that I had a smile on my face. I thought the characters were interesting and likeable.

I’m looking forward to seeing more.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah. Anime is just so agressively cringe inducing. It could be the most wholesome and creative stories in the world and 30 seconds in I'd still be like "fuck this shit".

Amazing that they've managed to make an adaptation thats this watchable.
There are a wide variety of genres, artstyles and tone. Animation is just the medium.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
That's kind of reduction to absurdity though. I wasn't talking about all animated shows, but anime specifically.