Outriders (Squeenix looter shooter)

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, was zoning into a spider boss area and got that message. Haven't been able to get past it yet.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Demo ran great. Release is running like dog shit for me. Micro stuttering. Fuzzy graphics. Hitching.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
So I guess on PC there is massive stuttering if you don't turn matchmaking to private. It fixed my stuttering for me and now it runs smooth.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The games engine is being funky like MHW in that Windows shows it using 0% GPU. Also, the DC's still happening a lot.

If you're not in a rush to the "endgame" or to finish the campaign, once you get to Trench Town, you open up the bounties for Critters or Humanoids. You'll see new quests at each of the previous hubs (like wanted posters). So far, these have all rewards epic gear.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have a hardware config that the game won't even run. It reboots the PC when you see the bird intro movie.

Its definitely related to EasyAntiCheat because beta had the same problem. The workaround was directly launching the game .exe without EasyAntiCheat. But that doesn't work anymore. Refunded until they patch this a lot ...

Anyway, as a programmer no clue what they are doing that can crash Win10. You've gotta really be doing some incompetent shi*t to do that? Our brand new trainees at work have never checked in a Unreal engine bug that crashed Windows. :(

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Played some tonight on the PS5, stopped after 3 hours or so because I got disconnected from server and couldn’t connect again but other than that game ran great and didn’t have any issues.

I went with the Trickster, and got from 7 to 13 and now in world tier 6. I find the difficulty inconsistent, did some side missions that were super easy, and some others that were quite challenging. While for the most part it well pretty well, I had some issues with healing at times where if you get badly hurt and have no ennemies near you, it can be difficult to regain health. For example, I got sniped and lost half my health, and I had to move through a fairly open area with limited cover and I couldn’t make it near enough to the next group of mobs so that I would regain health.

While the game is fairly generic and doesn’t do anything really special, I find that is mechanically sound for the most part and a lot of fun. I have tomorrow off, so should be able to get some time on it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I cannot remember last time I saw writing this bad in a video game. Its like some soyboy reject with illusions of grandeur and badassery wrote this garbage.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Right now I'd say it feels like at least a Borderlands the Presequel. The character classes are quite distinct and offer many synergies both with other players and with various skill/classpoint/gear options. We don't have nearly enough class points to start experimenting heavily with how the various builds might fall out but there is certainly quite a lot of variety and variability as well as a clear sign that they are willing to let the mods make significant changes to the underlying ability.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i think one of the best thing someone can say about a loot focused game is that the loot itself is dynamic enough to change how you play. like, in diablo when you get a great legendary that makes you want to change your build around to take advantage of whatever skill the legendary buffs.

i've run into that situation fairly often in this game but you don't end up waiting for legendaries, it happens with regular drops. some of the mods on gear are pretty great and synergize really well with specific skills.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The crafting system also allows you to switch mods so you don't get fucked when you have a build based around X-mod and find yourself unable to upgrade until you get an item with the same mod.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
The crafting is definitely a standout feature. I'm surprised there's no transmog, hoping they add it. Lots of cool looking armor you might see 1-2 pieces of as you level. I haven't had a legendary weapon drop yet but all the screenshots I've seen of them so far look like monster dildos, and I'd rather have guns that look like guns.

I've tuned down my WT a little because I was approaching WT9 and weapon replacements weren't readily available, but looking forward to cranking it back up at lvl 30. XP speed is the same and legendary drop rates are ass below WT11 so treat it as a difficulty-for-fun slider until endgame IMO.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Am I on something or do they lock boss fights to 60fps or something? get 120+ (outside of the horrific hitching the game has) then get to boss fight and its locked 60.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Am I on something or do they lock boss fights to 60fps or something? get 120+ (outside of the horrific hitching the game has) then get to boss fight and its locked 60.
Try switching cinematic slider to 120hz. It's set at 30 as default. I don't know if it will work I'm just thinking maybe the game stays locked at fps after a cinematic. Since cinematic are right before boss fight maybe it might happen. Just a thought.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Try switching cinematic slider to 120hz. It's set at 30 as default. I don't know if it will work I'm just thinking maybe the game stays locked at fps after a cinematic. Since cinematic are right before boss fight maybe it might happen. Just a thought.
Did that as soon as I saw the option after launching the game so doesnt seem to be tied to that setting.