Outriders (Squeenix looter shooter)

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hmm might pick this up again. Was fun but refunded it on Steam due to all the crashes and losing my save progress.

Cybsled

Game is worth $20 easily - they spent the past year buffing a lot of the various talent paths and with the removal of the time trial aspect, it lets you experiment on builds a lot more.

It had the right bones for a good Looter Shooter - honestly I was surprised it ended up not being Live Service, but I strongly suspect the failure of The Avengers game scared Square-Enix away from that and they removed the live service component

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Thats the ultimate fail of this game, no live service IMO. Imagine this game with shit that Destiny has, seasons, seasonal content, etc.... More dungeons, auto matchmaking for certain content...even raids....

It just ultimately ends up being a single player game with a lobby with no point to it after a while. And it sort of fades from your memory after a while.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Thats the ultimate fail of this game, no live service IMO. Imagine this game with shit that Destiny has, seasons, seasonal content, etc.... More dungeons, auto matchmaking for certain content...even raids....

It just ultimately ends up being a single player game with a lobby with no point to it after a while. And it sort of fades from your memory after a while.
Original Dungeon Defenders was like this after a while. Still fun as shit though.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I beat the campaign a few weeks ago and enjoyed it for the $20-30 I spent on it. Being able to change the build on the go and experiment makes it very enjoyable. I ran a few expeditions but buddy wants to do them together so I'm holding off until we can get time. I haven't tried multiplayer yet. Everything's been solo and I have no complaints when it comes to gameplay. I feel they screwed the story at the end. They could have done more with it but there's an expansion later this year so hopefully they build on it.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Original Dungeon Defenders was like this after a while. Still fun as shit though.
Fuck, original Dungeon Defenders burned so hot for me. I plowed 100 hours into it, and then just fell off a Cliff.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Went to buy this on Steam only to find out I already own it. May have to fire it up one of these days. How is the loot pin~ata mechanic? Diablo 2/Torchlightish?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The game's much funner if you approach it as a super hero game where you also have guns rather than a shooter where you occasionally use powers.

Had a ton of fun with it until I was able to gold everything on expedition 15 then it dies off fast.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Went to buy this on Steam only to find out I already own it. May have to fire it up one of these days. How is the loot pin~ata mechanic? Diablo 2/Torchlightish?
From what I understand, there's a variety of builds that do cool shit, and build diversity just got opened up a little since you don't have to beat a timer on expeditions to get rewards anymore. Before, you had to run one of 3 specific DPS builds and one class was utterly useless.

Legendary drop rate and people getting more than the usual # of dupes were common complaints, but they doubled their drop rate and added some anti-dupe mechanic. Not sure how effective it is towards getting a build complete yet.

Game is fairly generous with the customization at the high end. You have a pretty fair amount of freedom on item mods (dismantle one and it's permanently in your library) and you are able to use resources to level up perfectly rolled lower level pieces or max out the secondaries. So it does a fair number of things right in my opinion.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
From what I understand, there's a variety of builds that do cool shit, and build diversity just got opened up a little since you don't have to beat a timer on expeditions to get rewards anymore. Before, you had to run one of 3 specific DPS builds and one class was utterly useless.

This. You can play however you like now. Opening up all the builds.

Crone

Son and I are getting into this over the weekend and so far it's been really fun. He started before me but it was super easy to catch up. Did the thing where he barely leveled from the Missions we were doing but I got the full experience and then when we were within 2 levels of each other he started getting the full experience as well.

I foresee us running Missions in this for a long time, even after the main story is complete.

Couple of questions though... So does it just not load for some people? Where it freezes every time you try and start it. Hit spacebar and it won't work. Also, what's up with this not being on GeForce Experience? Other Xbox games are detected, but not this one. Weird.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
I re-downloaded this, played a few missions and definitely can feel the added tankiness. I was maxed out BiS on Trickster and Techno before I left. I like the changes they've made to make more builds appealing but still with only 100 stash slots a year later, I can't be arsed to inventory manage my dick off just to be able to play another class or build. Maybe once they bump the stash up and make a loadout system.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Started a game with the Techo, and I'm not sure I like it as much as the Devastator. The abilities I do have seem really weak at the moment. The grenades never hit on target, the Freeze turret is pretty cool, and the rocket turret seems pretty useful as well. Lol

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Started a game with the Techo, and I'm not sure I like it as much as the Devastator. The abilities I do have seem really weak at the moment. The grenades never hit on target, the Freeze turret is pretty cool, and the rocket turret seems pretty useful as well. Lol
Techno really comes on line when you get those OP blight rounds and can sustain them with mags that replenish all the time. Until then yeah its kinda jank.

Also to add this game is not really easy by any means. Especially when you pump up those, I forget what you call them world levels? Anyway yeah shit gets pretty damn hard.

Last edited:

Crone

Techno really comes on line when you get those OP blight rounds and can sustain them with mags that replenish all the time. Until then yeah its kinda jank.

Also to add this game is not really easy by any means. Especially when you pump up those, I forget what you call them world levels? Anyway yeah shit gets pretty damn hard.
Noticed this already playing with my son who isn't the best teammate. Lol! Shit gets super hard and gotta replay the missions a lot. But to me, that just makes it more fun, and the prospect of more/better loot is appealing. I'm sure someone already ran the numbers and like some world level is the best to always play on or something.

Cybsled

Techno has some cool builds, but most of them really need end game legendaries to really shine (like frost builds). Blight rounds are beastly - all you need is some perks that give you free ammo reloads, a couple DPS boosts, and you can melt shit fast.

Crone

Techno has some cool builds, but most of them really need end game legendaries to really shine (like frost builds). Blight rounds are beastly - all you need is some perks that give you free ammo reloads, a couple DPS boosts, and you can melt shit fast.
What's the best build to play that is easiest to play with bads? Basically can solo levels regardless of teammates?

Cybsled

Technomancer blight builds are pretty solo friendly. I would use a tactical AR and you want perks for your build that stack damage, free reload upon kills or whatever, the one that gives you a bonus clip of blight rounds, and a perk that makes shit you kill blow up and hurt other stuff.

Personally I ran blight rounds, ice turret, and healing wave. I had the healing wave perked so it would reload on usage and also purge any debuffs off me. Ice Turret I did the double turret perk, so I could toss 2 down at any given time to help slow down waves. Then blight rounds are your main bread and butter ability - key to blight rounds is you need to NEVER run out. If that shit goes on cooldown, then your DPS takes a massive dump into the toilet. That is where the reload type perks come into play. You do need to keep an eye on your ammo count - make sure that you can priority swap to a squishy enemy to guarantee a refill of ammo.

They've made it much easier to fuck around with builds and made legendaries easier to get, so I would recommend playing around to see what fits best for you. I used to play with a guy that went debuff pyromancer and he would do like millions of damage to shit using debuff stacking with the legendary armor pieces he had.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Keep in mind though is that these are mostly end game builds when you have access to all those perks (by deconstructing weapons) and access to more of the end gamey gear in general. Plus a filled out skill tree you can fuck with. And a lot of this shit will be RNG when youre leveling so you might get the perk on a weapon for bonus blight rounds and free reload, but if you dont, you have to wait until you do in order to murder with the blight rounds without CD.

And yeah Tecnomancer was way easier then the other two I played to solo with. I think I played the fire dude and also the dude that slowed down time. The dude that slowed down time was also pretty powerful but hands down for solo the techno won out EZ. Never played devastator though so cant comment on him.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Devastator was the easiest to solo just doing missions/main quest line. Back in the day it started to fall off in group expeditions because it had a hard time doing the DPs to beat the timer but with no timer tank away.