Outriders (Squeenix looter shooter)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Gave it another hour out of respect for Skill Up. I still think it sucks.

The combat and loot simply cannot carry how bad the rest of the game is.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Destiny 2 had timed shit for their nighfalls in yr one? I dont even remember, but it was pretty much hated by everyone so they removed that shit. Timed shit in games like these sucks ass. So if their end game consists of nothing but timed shit, yeah, good luck. People dont want to fight against clocks, but fight against hard content.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Its like a hidden timer I think for nighhtfalls is like 15 min to complete or some shit for best of best rewards.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
One timer in Destiny currently will fail the mission if you don't complete it in 25 minutes. Otherwise timers only impact how many points you make or resurrections you have.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Gave it another hour out of respect for Skill Up. I still think it sucks.

The combat and loot simply cannot carry how bad the rest of the game is.

Combat and loot aren't enough in a game that's literally only about combat and loot.

Ok

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
The game is clearly not “literally only about combat and loot”. There is a cutscene every five minutes and that’s not an exaggeration.

Load screen
Laughably bad cut scene
Five minutes of on rails shooting
Goto start

This game loop is no bueno. To each his own.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Played the demo on PS5. Runs and looks great. Addicting in a weird way but and gun play seemed solid to me.

Looks fantastic in 4k60 on PS5 - especially the outdoors.

Not sure if I will buy it or rent it but at least having fun with the demo so far.

(Meh I'll probably get it I have $400 in amazon gift cards burning a hole in my pocket with nothing to buy so I can get $100 in sony electronic bucks)

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
I assume this is one of those games where you can't really play solo? I played solo through bits of the demo no problem, but is it like D2/R6/etc where at a certain point you gotta do stuff in groups to progress or can you do everything alone? I rarely can dedicate continuous non afk hours to a game anymore.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I assume this is one of those games where you can't really play solo? I played solo through bits of the demo no problem, but is it like D2/R6/etc where at a certain point you gotta do stuff in groups to progress or can you do everything alone? I rarely can dedicate continuous non afk hours to a game anymore.

Enemies seem to scale with the number of players and had an easier time going through it solo than when i played with a couple buddies

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can solo everything, but you would probably want to run a group in the higher tier Expeditions to get the best clear times. I wonder how Legendary loot will be applied in the Expeditions. The mobs within don't drop any loots, but you get a loot chest at the end. Will there be a chance of a Legendary from that chest?

Anyway, for those who are thinking about pre ordering. The bonus gear you get; male / female armor, 11 weapons, can all be upgraded like normal gear up to Epic. So if you like the gear, you can take it with you (as long as you get the materials).

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Everything will be soloable. I wouldn't even be considering playing it otherwise.

• 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
I found it much more fun with a friend, synergies in abilities make it almost comical the amount of destruction you can create. That’s a good thing... I want to have fun blowing enemies up and laughing about it.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Enjoyed the demo enough that I went ahead and preordered it on greenmangaming. Especially once I heard launch will have DX12 and the ability to turn off running motion blur. When I purchased it, they gave me some coupons for games after the purchase, and 2 of them were for %25 off Outriders. Kinda pointless to get coupons for the game you just bought but whatever.

Figured I'd share em here if anyone wants to use them to buy it for %25 off on GMG. Makes the game $45.

76GYG1-5KX3AR-F5IBW7
80SZYJ-CYDDFB-XCEUZD

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 4 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The "RNG" in this games loot systems (drops / vendors) seems to be broken, or not random at all. I've spent the past couple days using the time skip method to refresh the gear vendors to "farm" for Epics. I was doing this on my Technomancer, and I saw a couple issues. The weapon vendor would only have certain weapon types as a Special deal, the normal list of guns would have all type. The Special deals would only ever show Snipers (both types), Rifles, Shotguns and Auto Shotguns... and nothing else, ever. I went from 3/10 til 4/16, each hour of the say AM/PM, and never saw any other type of weapon.

Next was that there is a pattern to having Epics spawn. The first one I saw was on 3/11 @ 5pm, the next was 3/12 @ 8am, then nothing til 3/22 @ 10pm followed by 3/23 @11am. When I saw that I skipped forward 11 days to 4/2, an Epic popped on 4/3 @ 3pm, then 4/4 @ 4am. Skipped forward to 4/14 and another Epic popped at 4/15 @ 9pm, then 4/16 @10am. This is something you would never likely to notice by just playing, but it appears that for my Technomancer, it is scheduled to have Epics on the vendors every 11 days-ish, one in the AM and then another in the PM. Very odd.

Some streamers have said they've seen the same patterns with their vendors (different spreads, but still a pattern) and also with Legendary drops (days, time frames and types).

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Been trying to play the demo but the service is down and has been for a while now. This typical?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Played this for most of the day. Everyone seems to be spot on with the game.

I think the world tier is to low for the tank at just 5. I ended up fitting the guy with cool down armors with ability power increases. After I switched out my last blue with a CD blue, I played one more mission to see how far I could push it. Turns out with CD gear on just blues, you can pretty much Superman -> slam -> punch -> Superman > slam > punch - over and over and over. Bit broken if you ask me, considering it heals you lol. The golem ability is too weak IMO, without any mods to it. Base dmg resistance and time length needs increases in order to gain attention away from the other two.

My roughest take on the game is how much I had to adjust controls, turn off double tap, etc just so the game didn’t feel so rigid and jhanky. The graphics leave a lot to be desired as well, but w/e.

Uninstalled the demo - I’ll pick it up when it goes on sale for ~35. I only want to know the story cause I saw the big ass bugs and Horizon long leg fuckers in the trailer.