Outriders (Squeenix looter shooter)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
theres a chance Outriders may show up on Gamepass, the hint in this tweet says anomaly and thats a part of Outriders story/marketing

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Well daayumn. I was wondering if I should pre-order for Xbox or PC, but now I need not worry I suppose.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Interesting.. what have you seen that doesn't stack? I've seen the red perks a lot, but always when it's a new item with the same perk as the one I'm already using.

Yeah, I think Techno is clear winner on PC (both in demo and looking ahead with all 8 skills unlocked and a skill tree filled in), but I wouldn't touch it on console. Playing with gamepad, Trickster or Devastator would definitely be the way to go.
I like them all. The pyro is probably the weakest in the demo but supposedly they get way better as you go on. I played the Trickster last and it seems to be my easiest clears, somehow. Probably that is just the 1D10T effect.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
theres a chance Outriders may show up on Gamepass, the hint in this tweet says anomaly and thats a part of Outriders story/marketing

Kind of a weird thing to just hint at. Seems like it would piss off Squeenix by hurting Xbox/PC sales or piss off game pass players who bought something that ended up being free

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I dont think we'll know much of anything until the entire game is released. Could be a half baked product with a great front end. Could be that if the game does get enough attention from players that it will go GaaS? I mean everything about the game screams GaaS to me, but w/e.

spronk

FPS noob
Kind of a weird thing to just hint at. Seems like it would piss off Squeenix by hurting Xbox/PC sales or piss off game pass players who bought something that ended up being free

it is super bizarre and not to say firmly one way or the other. the 2 weeks before release are when a ton of people decide to preorder or not. I wonder if Square has seen the preorder numbers and panicked and decided to take some freebie money from Microsoft. This rumor alone though is gonna KILL preorders if they don't definitely say something.

Ladro

Anomaly
it is super bizarre and not to say firmly one way or the other. the 2 weeks before release are when a ton of people decide to preorder or not. I wonder if Square has seen the preorder numbers and panicked and decided to take some freebie money from Microsoft. This rumor alone though is gonna KILL preorders if they don't definitely say something.
Will probably get announced at the Square Enix Presents event on the 18th.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I am playing this one on the PS5 and I have already preordered, so Game Pass/no Game Pass doesn't matter so much to me. I finished blueing out my Pyro tonight. I finally got the hang it, got into the spirit of it, I guess but seems pretty frail compared to the Devastator/Murder Machine that is the Trickster. Still was able to beat Payback, Terra Infima, and Gauss pretty quickly once I clicked into the style. Lack of enemy density seems to hold the Pyro back as well, at least in the demo.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am playing this one on the PS5 and I have already preordered, so Game Pass/no Game Pass doesn't matter so much to me. I finished blueing out my Pyro tonight. I finally got the hang it, got into the spirit of it, I guess but seems pretty frail compared to the Devastator/Murder Machine that is the Trickster. Still was able to beat Payback, Terra Infima, and Gauss pretty quickly once I clicked into the style. Lack of enemy density seems to hold the Pyro back as well, at least in the demo.
Pyro should get quite a bit stronger once it gets the bullet buff that Techno / Trickster get.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Also if you play with 3 people there are a shit ton of enemies on the map which the pyro just nukes.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Oh well, I was still on the fence because of the endgame revolving around speedrun shit I have no interest in, so I guess I'll just save the $60 and play Devastator and/or Trickster. Never had a single legendary drop while I was messing around on PC anyway, so it's not even like I'm losing out on anything from the demo.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh well, I was still on the fence because of the endgame revolving around speedrun shit I have no interest in, so I guess I'll just save the $60 and play Devastator and/or Trickster. Never had a single legendary drop while I was messing around on PC anyway, so it's not even like I'm losing out on anything from the demo.
Getting t2 finish times vs. t1 isn't going to inhibit you from doing all the content in the game and getting the "best" gear either, so I wouldn't worry about the "speedrun" nature of the endgame as much as you seem to be doing. Though it could be shitty, guess we'll find out.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Right, but if you don't care about replaying content solely to beat some arbitrary timer then there's probably nothing left to do once you get the correct armor set for your build + whatever legendary weapons you prefer. Obviously that's going to happen sooner or later no matter what, especially with it being a complete game and not some shitty GaaS, but I feel like the endgame entirely based on speedrunning will push it all the way to the "sooner" end of the timeframe.

Either way, I was never really sold on the game at the $60 asking price based on the demo, so I'll just settle for playing it casually on XSX and maybe buy it on PC when there's a deep sale and/or a new expansion.

Being on Game Pass makes the 'cross-play but no cross-save' decision a lot more annoying as well.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
FYI, anyone that was screwing with the game time or files may have been flagged for cheating and will have to delete you character and start fresh. Read the article below for their anti-cheat approach.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
As i have ultimate pass that makes this great since i can play it on PC as i intended