Outriders (Squeenix looter shooter)

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Has anyone been able to join any random games on either platforms? Am totally unsuccessful except for jumping into a friends game.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Keep crashing/losing network connection in games with friends, like every 30 mins.
Looks like servers took a dump again...

Last edited:

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Keep crashing/losing network connection in games with friends, like every 30 mins.
Looks like servers took a dump again...
Yeah, bought the game for kids, got it loaded and then we all crashed, game down again. /sigh Either stuck on the Molten Acari or can't log in at all.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Are you upgrading your gear? Go for Firepower, and raise its attribute on whichever gear has it. Raise the lvl of your weapons too.

I wasn't, I was just replace the gear I had with higher level items as I found them...with the mods I wanted which means some pieces were a few level behind. I found it's very cheap to replace mods, so usually now take the highest level best pieces and replace the mod on it to the one I want. Made a HUGE difference. I am now halfway through World Tier 7 and barely had any struggles. I did start seeing purples too, which help a lot some of those tier 2 mods are pretty nice,

This may be heresy, but you might want to consider dropping World Tier down for the story, and then work on pushing it up after you hit max level and complete the campaign. Think of it like Torment levels in D3. No one starts at T16, they eventually gear their way up to it. It might be faster in the long run instead of having to slog through the content at max available level.

At least that's what I'm prepared to do when I start next week. Other folks might have a different opinion.

I have done that for some missions that I struggled with a lot but usually turn it back on. I am one of those rare people who actually enjoy the journey as much if not more than the destination sometimes, so I don't mind things taking longer. Just need to find the right balance between good challenge and good progress. When it gets too hard it's frustrating but too easy is boring.

I just made it to 19. I'm still in Trench Town, unlocked the Hunts and Bounties, so went back to all previous locations and completed those. I'm ready to start the story and side quest from Trench Town now.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would say they (PCF) have no idea how to fix the issues they are having with servers. Some people thought it was due to MS PlayFab shitting the bed, but nope. Now PCF seems to be saying its an issue with Square Enix. Pretty fun game at least. The connectivity should clear up next week when those who have wanted to play this first week decide to do something else. =)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They could've avoided all of it if they'd actually followed through with the promise of it not being GaaS in any way. Maybe MP would still have broke but at least you could play the game.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I wasn't expecting this shit show after how well the demo ran. A 1 month beta test that made everything worse.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
My group got our first legendaries last night from the story boss kill, got the frozen sniper, loving all the combos you can do with various skills and gun mods, seeing everything light up with 4-5 status effects, frozen, blown up in slow mo in the time bubble is beautiful.

Love the game, but holy fuck what a shit show these servers are. Division was bad too but they got their shit together quick.
Funny looking at the tweets from them today, it's a timeline to see the shit hit the fan again.

3h - We hope everyone is enjoying their weekend on Enoch - we are continuing to monitor our server stability and investigate the recent connectivity issues.
2h - We're aware of current server instability and are looking into it. We will provide an update here as soon as we can.
1h - We're working hard on this matter and hope to have news soon. We will let you know as soon as we can, but we are unlikely to have news in the next 10-20 minutes, so this is likely a good time to grab a drink and a snack & take your dog/hyena-looking-cow-thing for a quick walk.
1h - We're on the way to recovery, but will let you know as soon as we are fully operational again.
30mins - We are implementing changes and monitoring the server situation, but you should be able get online again now or very soon.
1min - We're aware that this restart was unsuccessful due to an issue with the implemented solution. For full transparency, it may take up to an hour to resolve this, but we will keep you continually updated here.

LMAO

Last edited:

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i mean, on one hand, server instability is a joke. there should ABSOLUTELY be an offline mode. but we said the same thing with diablo 3 10 years ago.

but i'll give it to them for actually posting regular updates. nothing is worse then developers leaving the community in the dark while their product is on fire.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Two attempted match making runs. Both crashed. I pause for like one second every time I use a power, but mobs keep on whacking you.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Two attempted match making runs. Both crashed. I pause for like one second every time I use a power, but mobs keep on whacking you.
Matchmaking issues aside... If you're stuttering a lot, you should make an exception for outriders with windows defender. It has made a SIGNIFICANT difference in my game quality

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Matchmaking issues aside... If you're stuttering a lot, you should make an exception for outriders with windows defender. It has made a SIGNIFICANT difference in my game quality

Same. Huge difference.

Matchmaking has been fine for me today since about 4 PST.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I have tried to get on a couple of times today; no joy either time, currently just spinning for me on the PS5. May be restoring from Power Save causing the issue, will try killing the game and starting fresh. Total buzzkill, though, from my most anticipated game in a long time. Hopefully once they get past launch issues, it will just be a blip in the games overall lifespan.

Edit: That seemed to fix it. No restoring from suspended mode for Outriders.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It looks like they might have fixed the issues. I was able to play without any problems tonight for about 3 hours.

I managed to get to level 24 so making decent progress. I’m enjoying the overall story although the writing is pretty awful.

I’m obviously not at the end game, and I don’t how good the game loops will be be...but the shooting and looting is great so far, some really interesting options even at this level for builds. Looking forward to what the end game will be like.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Christ my damage absolutely sucks compared to everyone else I have played with thus far. Like TRIPLE my damage. WTF am I doing wrong here?

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Christ my damage absolutely sucks compared to everyone else I have played with thus far. Like TRIPLE my damage. WTF am I doing wrong here?
Epics at you level +2 is where all the damage is at. Can't let your weapons lag behind.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Servers just bombed me out again.

Stare Staring GIF by MOODMAN

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
My team had quite a few disconnects tonight, although the servers didn't outright bomb for us in about 7 hours. Managed to beat the game on WT14, just a bit more for WT15 but it's on to expeditions now. Free legendary weapons from WT12-15 reward chest, so have like 3 rifles, 1 ar, 1lmg, 1 double gun legendaries so far. Saw some of the legendary armor on the end game vendor and it had the set bonuses, wasn't all that impressed with a couple I saw though, but I'm sure there's plenty of others.

Also as you hit the end teens the gear starts to make big leaps in power, so yeah put on the highest stuff you have, don't worry about changing mods too much around then (although it's cheap to do) but you'll be changing gear often, once you get into the 20's you can start playing with favorite mods to get more synergy going with skills, and there's some really good t2 mods to use. Playing in a team is easier, especially with a healer for the oh shit moments.