Outriders (Squeenix looter shooter)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Why pump action instead of the 240 auto shottys?
I have a set for that, but I don't really like the (crit) build that goes along with it. There's a bug right now where your fps drops to a locked 60 occasionally during fights and that fucks up fast aiming, and running the best weapon for that build (Deathshield + Embalmer's Rage) means you have no AOE damage and need to shoot everything individually to clear a map. You also chew ammo faster so you need to run Ammo Bargain.

IMO the gameplay is more satisfying with the pump because you build up to big double damage back attacks on elites, and you can clear whole packs of zerglings with a single shot. Even without a crit I can 2/3-tap a Brood Mother. This is also situated better for the inevitable Emergency Stance fix, since you don't need all the crit and ammo mods and can run MfDeath without losing damage.

Ideally I would replace my current pump with an Anomaly Effigy but all the ones I've gotten rolled under 80k FP. That would give me a stronger AOE than shrapnel.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Just dowloaded the game today and started playing with a friend (I'm on a PC, he's on PS5). Holy fuck, their servers are SHIT!!! I crashed to desktop 3 times, and our party got disconnected at least 15 times tonight. I know there's a warning about cross play between consoles and PC's, but this is fucking amateur hour! They need to fix this shit ASAP! It's been out long enough for them to have figured out what the fuck is causing this issue. Lag is also terrible when playing co-op, and not an issue at all while playing solo. I know a lot of people are going to say, "then just play solo" but that's not the point. I'd rather play this game with some friends. Graphics are pretty solid, though. Story is fucking lame. I'm only level 9, so still have a long way to go. Hope they fix the servers soon. Also, too many cut scenes. I don't know why these companies spend so much fucking time on them, when 99% of the time players just skip them anyway.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Suddenly just overrun with technical problems. Game likes to start on my second monitor randomly, and having issues with the mouse remaining visible while playing. This then leads to inevitably clicking outside the game, which windows and shrinks the horizontal resolution to like 1/3 the normal width.

Have largely had few problems and then suddenly the game isn't fun to play with these problems. Going to reset to some defaults and take a look at config files or something tomorrow.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
So I'm stuck at gear level like 43. The way to progress that is I guess raising your CT? Not really loving the "end-game" of this tbh, I'm usually fine on the speed but I would much rather have something akin to Destiny or Division. Oh well, it was a pretty fun ride and have no regrets buying or playing through this!

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Just completed the story running melee/anom devastator build which has been fun just punching everything to death. Only use my gun to shoot the stupid birds or aggro the little swarm fucks who forget to charge me. Been running earthquake golem impale but will probably swap impale out for gravity leap for CTs to move around the map faster since they are timed.

Every review I've read has claimed the story is garbo but honestly i rather enjoyed it. Sure parts were maybe derivative though i can't place exactly where ive seen it before but still say it was a damn solid scifi story, the twist is somewhat predictable but feels very twilight zone/black mirrorish

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I would love this game to be a live service game. Seasons, new quests, new hunts, shit like that. But as it stands the end game is kinda boring unless you have a crew you play with. But unfortunately im mostly solo player and this kinda gets old.

But at least they did add an end game to this which most single/co op pve games do not have so there is that. Most are just story.....the end.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I'm stuck at gear level like 43. The way to progress that is I guess raising your CT? Not really loving the "end-game" of this tbh, I'm usually fine on the speed but I would much rather have something akin to Destiny or Division. Oh well, it was a pretty fun ride and have no regrets buying or playing through this!
Yep, gotta make your way up the CT ladder. Its not horrible, but its not great. You can travel to each of the Camps and look at the Expo board to get different Expo's if the "main" camp doesn't have one you want to run. It is basically clear a Expo to unlock the next tier, upgrade your gear to the new max lvl, then repeat all the way to CT15. I would run Chem Lab (aim for Silver) to get enough resources to run Colosseum (easiest Expo by far, but requires 280 resource).

• 1Like

Cybsled

Chem Lab is the only one I can beat reliably, probably because it is one of the least bullshit ones. At least when they do throw monsters at you, it is in predictable waves from set directions around a central point.

Stargrave I always die at the part where they throw 3 crawlers, 2 birds, and a behemoth at you at the same time + a bunch of little zergling shits. That is bullshit on an epic scale

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Chem Lab is the only one I can beat reliably, probably because it is one of the least bullshit ones. At least when they do throw monsters at you, it is in predictable waves from set directions around a central point.

Stargrave I always die at the part where they throw 3 crawlers, 2 birds, and a behemoth at you at the same time + a bunch of little zergling shits. That is bullshit on an epic scale
Have you tried Colosseum? Its pretty simple.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just completed the story running melee/anom devastator build which has been fun just punching everything to death. Only use my gun to shoot the stupid birds or aggro the little swarm fucks who forget to charge me. Been running earthquake golem impale but will probably swap impale out for gravity leap for CTs to move around the map faster since they are timed.

Every review I've read has claimed the story is garbo but honestly i rather enjoyed it. Sure parts were maybe derivative though i can't place exactly where ive seen it before but still say it was a damn solid scifi story, the twist is somewhat predictable but feels very twilight zone/black mirrorish
Yep. I didnt mind the story at all. They could have tightened up the story a bit between the lumber camp and the jungle, but the rest seemed B tier good. I had the most fun with the Devastator Shotgun build but ended up with the melee/anom build like you to make a real dent in my WT before I stopped playing.

I gotta hand it to some of you cause I just didnt care to do a gear grind in a game that isnt going to expand until an expansion. If* they even do one.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I would love this game to be a live service game. Seasons, new quests, new hunts, shit like that. But as it stands the end game is kinda boring unless you have a crew you play with. But unfortunately im mostly solo player and this kinda gets old.

But at least they did add an end game to this which most single/co op pve games do not have so there is that. Most are just story.....the end.
yeah, same here. add in a transmog system and that's all i'd ask for. why is it that the games that ARE GAAS are terrible and the games that SHOULD be aren't?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

You just wind up playing that expo running backwards. It's silly. Tone down the shit that just runs/jumps straight at you AND interrupts you also.

They really need to make all 3 trees viable for end game builds. I HATE that as a Devastator I can't legitimately use my guns as the main source of damage and get past CT14.

Also my inventory wipe really fucked me up. I didn't get a chance to pull the mods off the weapons.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
No, because it had a high cost for entry and didn’t know what to expect. I’m only CT10 currently, but if it is fairly easy, I’ll give it a shot.

I think Chem Lab is easiest, and then Coliseum. Chem is easy because there is no bullshit happening on any of the phases. Plenty cover. Good mix of ranged and mele mobs. Coliseum because you know where they will come from in decent sized waves.

Cybsled

Ya, CC and debuffs from the monsters are fucked up. At least with humanoid enemies, you can mix up your tactics. But creatures are pretty much all Zerg rush you, poison you, stun you, and launch unavoidable kamehameha from across the map. And my favorite, poorly telegraphed 1 shot abilities.

Hosix

All labs matter!

Fuck the birds. When you get multiple birds and they overlap that feather throw shit? Add in a alpha chasing you. Shit gets crazy.

Cybsled

Ya, the feathers aoe is what makes them really bad, because killing them without ADS is hard and you constantly have to run from the aoes and them dive bombing you. But then if you ADS, some alpha or behemoth or crawler one shots your ass while you try to kill the fucking bird

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Yep. I didnt mind the story at all. They could have tightened up the story a bit between the lumber camp and the jungle, but the rest seemed B tier good. I had the most fun with the Devastator Shotgun build but ended up with the melee/anom build like you to make a real dent in my WT before I stopped playing.

I gotta hand it to some of you cause I just didnt care to do a gear grind in a game that isnt going to expand until an expansion. If* they even do one.
I wouldnt even call it b tier. Its better than 70% of hollywood/tv shows and better than anything bioware has released in 20+ years, since ME1/DA1, and they used to be considered the pinnacle of story telling in video games. Idk i dont play the artsy/fartsy walking simulators so im sure theres other "games" out there with better stories but certainly didn't expect a story this good in a looter/shooter.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Empowering Antenna, the final point in the Pestilence tree for Technos, seems bad. Yeah it's a 40% buff to weapon damage for the whole squad, but it's only for 10 seconds and the only two decay skills are Blighted Rounds and Blighted Turret. You should try and keep Blighted Rounds active at all times so you shouldn't ever need to re-activate it and Blighted Turret seems less handy than Cold Snap or Fixing Wave