Outriders (Squeenix looter shooter)

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Well, like most things in a bullet build, it's just there to give you a buff. It has a low cooldown, and you might get some passive healing out of it if it sprays anything. But you just drop it every time you see an elite so you can blow them up.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Well, like most things in a bullet build, it's just there to give you a buff. It has a low cooldown, and you might get some passive healing out of it if it sprays anything. But you just drop it every time you see an elite so you can blow them up.

I am expecting another nerf to blighted rounds. Turrets just suck. Ice turret misses tons, blighted turret pukes on mobs, both low damage....maybe it’s a scaling issue?

But turrets are no good especially in expeditions where killing quickly and efficiently is key. Though it’s funny when a captain face tanks my turret for whatever reason.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They nerf more shit, especially the FOTM class and his bullets, consider this game donezo. They would be fools to do any more nerfs in this game after the shit this game has put its players through. But thats just my opinion, they could and in fact probably would nerf shit again and I will LOL.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I'm low key holding out for some sort of addon/expansion down the road simply because there are not only plenty of places to take the story, but there's a lot of room for additional levels both from the skill tree as well as from item design. Heck I think each class has one category that only has two abilities and would be ideal for another level 35 or whatever additional unlock.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ladro

Anomaly
I went AP Pyro and a full debuff build with a buddy playing Trickster absolutely destroying shit On CT13s. People are fucking idiots in matchmaking though and kicking at the end of random expeditions because damage numbers don’t go brrr. God I hate people sometimes.

Hosix

All labs matter!
I went AP Pyro and a full debuff build with a buddy playing Trickster absolutely destroying shit On CT13s. People are fucking idiots in matchmaking though and kicking at the end of random expeditions because damage numbers don’t go brrr. God I hate people sometimes.

Ya...run into some gems in matchmaking. My record is reviving someone 7 times.

They could easily add more expeditions or a mini type raid.

The nerfs on a pve game that time gates better gear is fucked. Buff up the other shit!

Cybsled

I am expecting another nerf to blighted rounds. Turrets just suck. Ice turret misses tons, blighted turret pukes on mobs, both low damage....maybe it’s a scaling issue?

Why nerf? This isn't a MMO. It isn't even a live service game. It's a single player game with some co-op shit sprinkled in that doesn't even work properly and is filled with toxic shitbags if you pug it. Nerfing this is the most pants on head stupid shit for them to do. They need to BUFF shit. The only thing that needs nerfing are the fucking enemies. Like Mkopec said, them nerfing player builds is a surefire way to dead game land. I'm already fucking getting fed up as is with the shitty expeditions.

Alphas need to jump less, and if they do jump there needs to be a cooldown, none of this spam jump n' slash shit til you're dead.
Crawler and Broodmother having aimbot laser beam shit that is virtually impossible to avoid is BS and needs to be toned down
Tone down the birds and dragonflies
Nerf the bleed stacking/leaping zergling shit. It's bullshit that a fucking trash mob zergling can almost 2 shot you and the game likes to toss like 30 at you at times, ensuring that you have to run bone shards II forever because you need burst AOE or you die
Increase the expedition timers - time trial shit only reduces the number of viable builds you can use
Do shit besides time trials - time trials are the laziest fucking shit
Let players restart on expeditions from the last "checkpoint" in solo - none of this back-to-the-beginning crap

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I always hated timed shit in games. Who gives a shit if it takes me 5 min more or a hour more to complete the damned thing, I completed it and its my dammned time wasted not theirs. Especially now that im getting older, lol.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Truth!

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Played again tonight. I don't know what happened between last night and tonight, but my friend and I were able to play the entire night without one single crash. Last night, we could barely stay connected, and then tonight it was perfect. Whatever. Maybe because yesterday was Sunday and there was more traffic? No idea. We got to where you fight Moloch for the first time. That fight across no man's land was fucking insane! Took us 5 attempts on WT5. I'm really starting to see the appeal of this game. When you really start to level up, and upgrade your weapons, this game is really fun. I haven't gotten any legendary loot yet, but I can see myself sinking a ton more hours into it. Should be able to finish off the rest of the story tomorrow, or Wednesday for sure. I wish I had more time to keep playing! Got done tonight, and looked at my watch, holy shit, it's 1:30 in the morning!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Welp started on expeditions solo. Was able to gold the first 3-4 no issues but since i got shit rolls on loot i wasnt updating my item level. Around CT 6 or 7 im up against lvl 38 or 39 and my avg gear level is 33? Or something. Fighing 2 of those big behemoths at once and i died like instantly.

So kinda have a dilemma here. Obviously i need to get my item level up to stay competitive and rank up challenge tiers, but my options are spend all my resources upgrading blues with good item rolls so I can beat expeditions, but that means eventually I'll have to farm resources; or farming CT6 forever hoping for epics with good stat rolls, having to rinse and repeat the CT pause and farm every few tiers.

Maybe I'm a hoarder or something but other than swapping mods to keep my build viable ive been pretty much dead set against spending resources (titanium) on upgrading gear i get from leveling since its just going to get replaced in 30mins anyway, and when i find an item with good stat distro i tend to hold onto it for a few levels longer than i should. Ive been "under" geared this whole time but it wasnt a big issue, but CTs unlocks have been way faster than WTs so being undergeared is now an issue.

Im getting lvl 38 or 39 gear from CTs. I dont wanna start giving a shit and farming for perfect gear until 50, but i won't get to 50 with my current gear. If it wasnt for the mod slots i would just swap to blues with the stats i need but i need the extra mod slots from epics for my build to work.

Advice? TLDR: Do i farm the rare good epics from my current level CT so I can advance CT level, rinse and repeat, or spend all my titanium upgrading the readily available good blues to epic so i can advance to 50 faster but have less resources/mods unlocked when i start the lvl 50 end game farm?

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
I dont wanna start giving a shit and farming for perfect gear until 50, but i won't get to 50 with my current gear.

The first half of this is the wrong mindset for this game, and the 2nd half is the reason.
At any point you can spend resources to simply +1 a piece of gear from lvl 33 to 34 and you absolutely should, at every chance you get.
You can have perfect items (3/3 useful stats and 1/2 useful mods) as early as lvl 21 and that's the stuff you hold onto forever.

It doesn't get easier to gear as you go higher, it gets harder.

Example: A green lvl 20 item could have Firepower + Long Range, then you roll it to 21 and it gets Close Range. Perfect rolls for a Techno. Now you upgrade to blue. Does the first mod matter? Not really, maybe you get Critical Analysis though. You upgrade it to your level then you roll it Epic, and it gets Bloodlust, or Toxic, or Crit Stack, etc. Perfect item. Reroll the first mod to whatever else as you progress, eventually a really good T3 mod.

Now, try to do the same at gear lvl 39, when all of your drops have 3 stats already and most of them are epic. You need an item to be 4/5ths perfect to be worth keeping.

Also, don't worry about how many resources you have at lvl 50.
A CT15 gold is 70k drop pod resources. That translates to over 5 million scrap, which gets you 200k leather, or 200k iron, or 40k titanium.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I hate games like with gearing systems like that. It seems like a cool idea and it's great once you're a veteran and understand all gearing options while doing a playthrough but it absolutely fucking sucks until you've got like 200+ hours into the game and actually know what you should be holding onto.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
I hate games like with gearing systems like that. It seems like a cool idea and it's great once you're a veteran and understand all gearing options while doing a playthrough but it absolutely fucking sucks until you've got like 200+ hours into the game and actually know what you should be holding onto.

I don't know, I like it. If I could change it, I would just make useless rolls impossible so less gear is shitty. This game has a real case of Diablo 3 v1.0. Some stats are useless because they supercede damage rolls and come in small amounts (+Health), some just don't work like they should (+Healing Received), and every firepower item can roll anomaly stats and vice versa.

But IMO it is still better than "everything else sucks dick once legendary gear stops dropping".

Khane

Well, there are other ways to handle that. Grim Dawn has a great gearing system in that regard with Monster Infrequents and double rares. The problem I have with what you were describing was being able to upgrade gear that drops at level 20 and it being better to try and farm at that level because of affix glut. Being able to upgrade gear that way seems like a great idea but always works out in counter-intuitive ways.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ya...run into some gems in matchmaking. My record is reviving someone 7 times.

They could easily add more expeditions or a mini type raid.

The nerfs on a pve game that time gates better gear is fucked. Buff up the other shit!

7? Dude...

tenor.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Grim Dawn has a great gearing system in that regard with Monster Infrequents and double rares.

I'll sing the praises of Grim Dawn all day. Unless that day was spend farming Zarthuzellan for one of two uncommon books, while looking for a specific double-rare drop that pulls from 1000s of affix combinations, and a dozen different possible +skill modifiers.

The "affix glut" in Outriders is negligible by comparison. We're talking a pool of 9 stats and 3 are removed already.

Khane

Perfect will probably never happen for you in Grim Dawn. But very good happens plenty. I'm just not a fan of being able to turn an item that drops at level 20 into some insane item via upgrading when max levels is much higher and harder to find good gear at.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
No doubt the gear system needs improvements, but the crafting is a really strong part of it.
Easy wins would be to remove +Health and +Healing Received, then half the legendary armor wouldn't have shit stats.
Beyond that I think there should be a stronger draw for legendary gear. The armor ranges are all the same as epics and the guns barely ever roll above the epic firepower threshold (~95k).

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I'm using 2/3 of the plague set or whatever, if for no other reason than it looks awesome. Give me transmog at a minimum, or buff the legendary a bit/re-work their stats. I kind of agree with Khane, it doesn't feel great to swarm vendors looking for greens with good rolls vs finding 3 piece legendary armor + guns only to dismantle them for their perks to slot into green, n00b looking armor.

Imo