Outriders (Squeenix looter shooter)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Same. Didn't play this right away, but when I did it was pretty damn fun.

Especially running with a build where you're a superhero who also has a gun instead of a shooter where you occasionally use powers

What system? I conned Gator Gator into a dying light 2 drink a thon today - we are on PS5 for outriders. But can’t remember if there is cross play if you ever want to coop with the worst players in history. 👍

edit sweet. Full cross play.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
PC is the only platform worth bothering with for this game. Even as someone who uses gamepad by choice in a lot of PC shooters, the difference between kb/m and pad is so massive in Outriders that I'd call it unplayable (unless you want to experiment with 'unsupported but kind of works' kb/m controls on console).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
PC is the only platform worth bothering with for this game. Even as someone who uses gamepad by choice in a lot of PC shooters, the difference between kb/m and pad is so massive in Outriders that I'd call it unplayable (unless you want to experiment with 'unsupported but kind of works' kb/m controls on console).
I never had an issue with controls. But I have been using controllers over Kbm forever now.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
What system? I conned Gator Gator into a dying light 2 drink a thon today - we are on PS5 for outriders. But can’t remember if there is cross play if you ever want to coop with the worst players in history. 👍

edit sweet. Full cross play.

Xbox.

Gotta disagree there. Haven't played in a bit, but was having no trouble destroying level 15 expeditions under the time limit when they had those.

I'm sure it's better with kb/m like all shooters tend to be, but calling it unplayable is just wrong.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I never had an issue with controls. But I have been using controllers over Kbm forever now.

giphy.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

I'm sure it's better with kb/m like all shooters tend to be, but calling it unplayable is just wrong.
Maybe they improved it in a later patch, but the gamepad controls were an abomination at release. Plus I meant after playing it on both platforms I'd call the gamepad controls unplayable by comparison. Now that it's on GamePass PC and not just console I'd never consider going back. It also depends on what class you play; chrono and pyro weren't as shitty, but technomancer was so bad that I abandoned the class entirely even though it was the only one I was really interested in playing after the pre-release (PC) demo.

• 1Solidarity

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ive gotta tune in on that one. At the time this game came out, I played it like I skipped school to play EQ. I had absolutely no problems with Kb/M and I know I didnt because I dominated the shit out the end game with two different characters. I genuinely like this game and Im looking forward to more content.

Melicant

Maybe they improved it in a later patch, but the gamepad controls were an abomination at release. Plus I meant after playing it on both platforms I'd call the gamepad controls unplayable by comparison. Now that it's on GamePass PC and not just console I'd never consider going back. It also depends on what class you play; chrono and pyro weren't as shitty, but technomancer was so bad that I abandoned the class entirely even though it was the only one I was really interested in playing after the pre-release (PC) demo.
At release the aim assist and aiming in general with a controller was really bad for this game compared to kb/m, and as you said it was way worse with certain classes. I had a few friends on console quit over it.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

I'm sure Techno would notice the biggest difference since they're the long range class.

But most abilities either hit a large area or automatically target whoever your aim is closest to making the difference minimal.

Looks like they made moaning winds suck now, which is disappointing. Used to be a blast making everything bleed with 3 earthquakes then blowing everything up with triple moaning winds

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I was supremely disappointed with this game. See no reason to go back. The drop rate in this game for epic gear was less than 1%. I know they fixed this issue later, but the core game mechanics just weren't all that much fun, either.

• 1Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I gave this another whirl in the free period and started enjoying it. It's still janky but the builds, item diversity, and combat are pretty solid.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
This expansion has me intrigued. It was great fun going through the story with buds, it just fell apart with the endgame

Daidraco

If I was one of those people that experienced my character getting deleted, or the inventory going poof, or any number of game breaking bugs when the game came out - I would probably have a different stance on the game because I really liked it. I just wasnt going to invest in the end game like other people because I just didnt see the point.

The expansion is hopefully going to bring back some people that had all those problems in the beginning and maybe it'll be popular enough to at least make the company some profit, and possibly consider doing some GaaS type of shit.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
If I was one of those people that experienced my character getting deleted, or the inventory going poof, or any number of game breaking bugs when the game came out - I would probably have a different stance on the game because I really liked it. I just wasnt going to invest in the end game like other people because I just didnt see the point.

The expansion is hopefully going to bring back some people that had all those problems in the beginning and maybe it'll be popular enough to at least make the company some profit, and possibly consider doing some GaaS type of shit.
I may give it another shot. They fixed all the major bugs last I played. Have they made any other builds viable other than that one obvious per class?

Daidraco

I may give it another shot. They fixed all the major bugs last I played. Have they made any other builds viable other than that one obvious per class?
Actually, ya. When the expansion was first talked about, I reinstalled it and played it for a bit to check out a bunch of the free stuff they put into the game. Devastator had a very specific path it went down at release and now you can basically pick w/e on the talent tree. Then, outside of classes/talent trees - a bunch of mods have been changed and added. Though Ive heard that if your armor was already god tier, there was only slight changes that you would make to get back to God tier after the nerfs etc.

The thing that gets me is that Ive barely seen anything presented about the expansion. I feel like a normie wouldnt know about this expansion coming out at all.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Actually, ya. When the expansion was first talked about, I reinstalled it and played it for a bit to check out a bunch of the free stuff they put into the game. Devastator had a very specific path it went down at release and now you can basically pick w/e on the talent tree. Then, outside of classes/talent trees - a bunch of mods have been changed and added. Though Ive heard that if your armor was already god tier, there was only slight changes that you would make to get back to God tier after the nerfs etc.

The thing that gets me is that Ive barely seen anything presented about the expansion. I feel like a normie wouldnt know about this expansion coming out at all.

Sweet! Game really deserves a second chance. They fixed everything that was plaguing it. It's a fun ass game that fucked itself with a horrible launch and bugs.

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Other than the character lockout bugs that made the game unplayable for certain people, the game's launch was fine and the game was great at launch. It was developer intervention/repeated nerfs/tinkering with gear/tier levels/etc which killed this game.

So you're all saying that they stopped being retarded and actually stopped breaking their own game/fixed what they broke?

Crone

Played this a little with my son with him on Xbox and me on Xbox PC. Worked out pretty well. Not sure if Xbox/XboxPC can coop with Steam?

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Other than the character lockout bugs that made the game unplayable for certain people, the game's launch was fine and the game was great at launch. It was developer intervention/repeated nerfs/tinkering with gear/tier levels/etc which killed this game.

So you're all saying that they stopped being retarded and actually stopped breaking their own game/fixed what they broke?
I didn't play right at release and waited for a sale but I don't remember seeing complaints of them constantly changing gear but it's been a while. Are you confusing it with The Division? That's what killed that game for me.