Overwatch 2

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I watched 10mins of Seagull and it looks just like OW1...
Its OW 1.1. Most characters are exactly the same or incredibly similar, few have been genuinely reworked. The biggest change is 5v5.
I was also looking at the side-by-side character model updates and thought a vast majority were better looking in OW1.
Theres definetly a lot of laziness. Look at the OW2 Mercy knight skin v OW1 Big knight skin.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Molten Core Raider
Saw something last night before bed that claimed it was under a ddos attack, whether that's a convenient excuse for shitty servers or not, I dunno. I was able to slide in this morning and look around. Still no Mystery Heroes in the arcade :confused:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Saw something last night before bed that claimed it was under a ddos attack, whether that's a convenient excuse for shitty servers or not, I dunno. I was able to slide in this morning and look around. Still no Mystery Heroes in the arcade :confused:
Mystery is the only mode I was interested in. Bleh

Qhue

Trump's Staff
On a lark decided to try it this AM while quaffing coffee. Only 50 people ahead of me in queue.

Oh that was the queue for the queue. Got through that queue and now in the next queue.

(I fully realize that as a game tourist I am absolutely the reason why the queue exists at all, that having been said Blizzard should not have hyped a global launch if they couldn't handle it)

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Was there a big engine upgrade? Just trying to understand the '2'. How is this not just a major patch? Are the system overhauls that massive? Honest questions from a non OW player, but someone who checks a stream every now and again.

Cybsled

The PvE was supposed to be the core 'sequel' aspect. The PVP is just OW1, with 1 less tank and some hero reworks

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Was there a big engine upgrade? Just trying to understand the '2'. How is this not just a major patch? Are the system overhauls that massive? Honest questions from a non OW player, but someone who checks a stream every now and again.
It's a big patch not a new game don't think anyone could objectively argue otherwise.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
Is there an idea of how many games played it takes to hit tier 55 to unlock the new character without paying? this is such a retarded design that R6 Siege also does

Molten Core Raider
Is there an idea of how many games played it takes to hit tier 55 to unlock the new character without paying? this is such a retarded design that R6 Siege also does

Reviewers estimate around 40 hours to unlock her. Taken from a Gamerant review:

In favor of trying to convince people to buy the premium Battle Pass, Overwatch 2 abandons that philosophy, making it so players have to either grind all the way to level 55 to unlock Kiriko, or buy the Battle Pass and unlock her right away.

This wouldn't be all that bad if reaching level 55 in Overwatch 2's Battle Pass was possible without dedicating an absurd amount of time to the game, but that's simply not the case. It will likely take most free-to-play gamers weeks of constant play to unlock Kiriko. To put it in perspective, after over 90 games played and 50 games won, we're only at tier 32 in the Battle Pass. And that's with the 20% XP boost from owning the premium Battle Pass, so those that opt to stick to the free track will have their work cut out for them.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Everyone should be deleting this shit off their systems with a giant middle finger to these cucks.

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider

I play on Xbox. OW2 was literally an “update” for OW1–a decent-sized patch. It plays the exact same and looks almost the exact same (and not even objectively better). Everyone not affected by unintentional bugs has the same skins and other cosmetics as they had in OW1 and retained the same skill rating.

Also, keep in mind that Blizzard really stopped adding content in OW1 when Echo joined the cast of characters more than 2 years ago in April 2020. Basically, Blizzard kept making new content but held off on adding it to the game for 2 years, and then dropped it all at once and called it a sequel. And it really isn’t that much content—3 heroes and a few forgettable maps.

The biggest change was going to 5v5 instead of 6v6. TBD on whether that’s an improvement, but for sure it didn’t take much work on their part. My guess is we’re going to end up with a third competitive mode in the not-too-distant future: Competitive Classic (6v6). That’s exactly what happened with their last major experiment of role queuing. They had to bring back an additional competitive mode for open role queue because too many people didn’t like having to queue up as a specific role.

Now add to all of that the utter disaster that was the “launch” of OW2 yesterday. It was and is unplayable. Long queues that end in server errors, missing ranks, missing cosmetics, missing purchased content, constant disconnects. And this for a game they’ve been hosting for many years now.

If Blizzard wasn’t already dead, I’d kill it myself.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Only 600 queue when I logged in today. Lost connection after 2 minutes and it went to 2000. Getting disconnected like every 2-5 minutes, timing out communicating with BattleNet. Wtf are they doing?

Last edited:

Molten Core Raider
Well, on the bright side, Mystery Heroes does exist, it's under quick play now instead of arcade for some reason.

edit- not gonna lie though, it's not been too fun. Old maps feel weird with 5v5 and the push maps can be extremely one sided snowballs thanks to rng.

Last edited:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Oh nice! Now if they will just back down on the phone thing. I saw some gaming sites are doing the you-hate-poor-people angle so maybe they will relent.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just changed my region to Euro, and got in immediately. My first match was with 32 ping.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Kharzette Kharzette You'll be able to play soon.

We designed Overwatch 2 to be a live service, which enables us to be responsive to a variety of player feedback. We have made the decision to remove phone number requirements for a majority of existing Overwatch players. Any Overwatch player with a connected Battle.net account, which includes all players who have played since June 9, 2021, will not have to provide a phone number to play. We are working to make this change and expect it to go live on Friday, October 7. We will update players once it is in effect.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users