Overwatch 2

Molten Core Raider
Yep, she feels horrible to play now. It can be kinda funny to enfeeble a genji blade and stuff but it's not a fair trade off considering how she's now just a boring heal-orb chucker. I've not enjoyed this beta phase too much.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Love this
ScreenShot_22-07-19_16-08-39-000.jpg

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Seems a little basic for a top tier skin.

Brig has the exact same skin design in ow1 and its significantly more detailed and it's not a premium skin;

Brigitte_Skin_Sól.png

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Tournament has been great. APAC is looking weak though.

Highlight of today:

FYOdwQdXkAAv9oD.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah surprised the shock curb stomped the dragons like they did. The double bird was epic. Hope he doesn't get in trouble

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Once they eliminated the shit teams this tournament has been pretty fucking good. These 5 map matches are epic. They need to cut down the number of spots for the tournaments.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I have noticed that the have simplified the design of the new outfit. OW2 included.

I think it's because they plan to release on phone.

• 1Worf

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Moira being reverted which is a good change. Every hero shouldn't be a technical hero otherwise they will lose the casual player base that is keeping this game barely alive. The people looking for true technical gameplay are playing CSGO, Apex, or Valorant.

• 1Like

Araxen

The game fell to the third page of this section. It's a month till release! lol

News came out they are going to time gate new heroes on the battle pass. On the free tier, but you are going to have to grind for them which is pretty much goes against the spirit of the game. If that hero is OP as fuck(which they usually are at first), and your teammates haven't unlocked it yet, it'll be GGS. People that buy the BP won't have to grind for the heroes I guess.

I guess Junker Queen and Sojurn aren't part of the BP, but the new support hero will be. What a kick in the nuts for support players.

Last edited:

Molten Core Raider
I read that earlier and it's a horrible move but let's be honest, spirit of the game left with Tigole. An article I saw said something like 80 tiers of a battle pass which feels like a lot. I dont play stuff like Apex or whatever other game has a battle pass these days so I dont really have a frame of reference, but that's gotta be a couple hundred games to finish out which is....oof. Im sure they will offer the option of just buying the hero outright which solves all the problems though, right? :rolleyes:

Araxen

I've been playing Rocket League, and their BP isn't too bad. It's pretty much endless, but to get all the major stuff you need to get up to tier 70. Past tier 70, it's the same stuff but recolored for the most part. If you play the game decently you'll be able to achieve tier 70 pretty easily. The new season just started on Wednesday, and will not end till beginning of December I think. OW2 though is doing two month seasons, and frankly I believe that is too short. We need to see how quickly can you progress through the tiers to see how it all plays out with their battle pass. I'm sure the hero will be at the end of the tiers.

Title is clickbait, but he lays out the F2P drama.

Cybsled

Back to the realm of FOMO. I'm quite sure Blizzard will "helpfully" sell the heroes to people who missed out on the battle pass unlocks.

No wonder Tigole left

donomito

Blackwing Lair Raider
if you buy a battle pass for literally anything you're a huge retard. They serve no point other than to cover for shitty game design and extract as much money out of you fucking apes as possible.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Molten Core Raider
Bliz seems to be removing every trace of Tigole's design decisions from the game. A new Bliz blog post discusses how the design philosophy for OW2 has changed, they're essentially doing away with hard counters for heroes, which is their justification for locking heroes behind the battlepass.

While Overwatch 2 heroes will each have their own clear strengths and weakness, and some heroes will be more effective against others, we believe our game plays better and is more fun with fewer hard counters and a broader range of effective hero picks,” Blizzard writes.

This balance change is also a reason why new heroes are going to be released in the battle pass.

In Overwatch 2, new heroes will not be introduced into Competitive modes immediately. This allows the developers to tune the balance and give players time to experiment with the new heroes before they join Competitive play a few weeks after launch.

Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 7.25.56 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 7.25.21 AM.png

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
if you buy a battle pass for literally anything you're a huge retard. They serve no point other than to cover for shitty game design and extract as much money out of you fucking apes as possible.
i'd normally agree 100%. but i bought the BP for apex (free game) for 10$. if you play, then you earn enough tokens to pay for the next BP etc. so if ow2 is like that then paying 10$ for a game isnt bad

Lenas

Trump's Staff
34 base heroes with 1 free grind hero added every season? In a game where most people play maybe 2 or 3 characters well? I don't see the problem.