Overwatch

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Sodapoppin is convinced blizzard black listed him for trash talking wow and intentionally didn't give him an Overwatch beta key.
Didn't watch the video cause who the fuck has time for this shit, but wouldn't be surprised if it's true. I mean probably not blacklisted, but they chose not to invite him in the first wave because they thought he might have a negative view of the game based on his negative view on other games, makes sense too, you wouldn't want to invite people who spoke badly of previous products to talk about your new product, especially when they have a bunch of people listening. I guess the "good" thing is he'll probably be playing Blade and Soul beta instead and get that a good amount of views.

Been watching a few streams, how the fuck will Tracer be playable on consoles btw? I really loved the Tracer streams found a few with pretty good players and that shit is so fast compared to say, everything on consoles, I don't see how you'd be able to accurately blink around and shoot. By far the most interesting class I've seen in the game and in general as a concept for shooter in a long time. Overall I give them props for adding a lot of fairly cool abilities to a FPS, shit like wall climbing/pudge hook/sniper girl grapple/jetpacks and all that makes the game a lot more interesting imo.

Also fuck the twitch financing/evil derail.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Holy fuck, I launched Bnet to go do my HotS daillies and now I apparently have the game, even though I checked yesterday and it wasn't there.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone else(who is not in beta, watching streams) think the jump animation sucks ass? Looks like first person frogger. Not a fan since all of the characters seem to share the same hop is the best way to explain. Just doesn't seem like a jump to me.

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Anyone else(who is not in beta, watching streams) think the jump animation sucks ass? Looks like first person frogger. Not a fan since all of the characters seem to share the same hop is the best way to explain. Just doesn't seem like a jump to me.
Er...you mean you think it's too short? no it's fine. The animation you don't see in first person anyway so I assume that's what you're talking about. Have had no complaints, the characters that need the better vertical mobility have it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I think he means literally how it looks? Don't know.

Game's really fun, I see most streamers playing typical FPS stuff but I tend to be more of a support player so I've mostly played those and they really got a lot of different playstyles even with only 4 true supports. Lucio is great for pushing the payload, Electra great for defending, monk guy is the DPS you want when you need to take down specific targets quickly and angel girl is good at everything more or less. Played the tanks and turret guys too, love the pudge guy and dwarf engineer.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Sodapoppin is convinced blizzard black listed him for trash talking wow and intentionally didn't give him an Overwatch beta key.
I highly doubt that. They have given out so many keys there's no way they can screen them all. There have been so many people who have said negative things about their games there's no way they could screen them all. I could see them adding in specific people but that's a PR move.

For the people who have played, are the support easy enough to play that you don't need mad twitch skills to be successful?

xzi

Mouthbreather
I think he means literally how it looks? Don't know.

Game's really fun, I see most streamers playing typical FPS stuff but I tend to be more of a support player so I've mostly played those and they really got a lot of different playstyles even with only 4 true supports. Lucio is great for pushing the payload, Electra great for defending, monk guy is the DPS you want when you need to take down specific targets quickly and angel girl is good at everything more or less. Played the tanks and turret guys too, love the pudge guy and dwarf engineer.
I'm not in, but I've always been more of a support player. I was curious how they feel in the game and nobody has really streamed any of them.. well I found a few dudes but they seemed to be totally bad at FPS games so I didn't stick around. I'm very interested in that monk dude, but I'm also a huge fan of movement based gameplay so Jet Set Radio aka lucio is something I've really gotta try out.

Although many years of quake rockets and maining soldier in TF2 makes me want to play Pharrah, the thing is I feel like she's going to be the go-to for most people and/or become FOTM and be nerfed pretty quickly.

Neph_sl

shitlord
I don't think Pharrah will be nerfed. She can put out a crap ton of damage if you can flank the other team. But she exposes herself so much with her flight you have to be pretty judicious on when to use it, otherwise you'll just be dirtnapping.

xzi

Mouthbreather
It feels that way but with current massive community feedback of shitty players that aren't aware they can look up in vidyagames, it's worrisome. A lot of classes can easily take care of her. Hell, even fucking pudge can pull her out of the sky (which is awesome).

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Twitch is a fickle place. The Overwatch viewership drops each day. Right now Dyrus is leading with 9k viewers but if he was playing LoL he'd be at 20k easily. Being unskilled at FPS games makes him practically unwatchable. Who's worth watching right now? I found Summit1g to be the best non-annoying player but he's offline. There's gotta be some other really good FPS dudes to watch.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Twitch- a top Tribes player
Twitch- one of the best scouts from TF2

and of course, summit. There aren't a whole lot of actual good FPS players streaming in general.

also numbers are kinda low right now but it is still closed beta and 8 AM so

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
If you never got into TF2 then this will likely bore those same people. Also watching bad players is extremely boring in FPS games. I was watching Summit1g yesterday and he was getting tons of kill streaks on a variety of heroes.. Saw him hit 25 kill streak with McCree (cowboy dude) and 15+ with Blackwidow many times. Also saw a highlight of Clockwork get a 21 kill streak with Tracer which was crazy.. lived with 1 health and then 3 health at differing times.

I played the shit out of TF2 for years and have been itchin for another FPS that has that feel to it. I dislike the military-style FPS (CS:GO). This game brings back the TF2 feel while adding some new touches (more heroes with MOBA-like abilities). Wish I got in Beta but not heart-broken over it. It does make me want to fire up some TF2 to shake off some rust, lol.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I was sort of excited about this game, but after watching it I am no longer excited. Boring
I'm not a FPS fan normally and am definitely not good at it atm, but I really enjoyed Overwatch. It may not look fun, but playing it is damn fun.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Er...you mean you think it's too short? no it's fine. The animation you don't see in first person anyway so I assume that's what you're talking about. Have had no complaints, the characters that need the better vertical mobility have it.
To short might explain it, but what I mean is it looks like a hop not a jump, it looks like they jump with both feet on the ground instead of a gallop type jump while running. I think it has to to do with how the gun animation looks.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you never got into TF2 then this will likely bore those same people. Also watching bad players is extremely boring in FPS games. I was watching Summit1g yesterday and he was getting tons of kill streaks on a variety of heroes.. Saw him hit 25 kill streak with McCree (cowboy dude) and 15+ with Blackwidow many times. Also saw a highlight of Clockwork get a 21 kill streak with Tracer which was crazy.. lived with 1 health and then 3 health at differing times.

I played the shit out of TF2 for years and have been itchin for another FPS that has that feel to it. I dislike the military-style FPS (CS:GO). This game brings back the TF2 feel while adding some new touches (more heroes with MOBA-like abilities). Wish I got in Beta but not heart-broken over it. It does make me want to fire up some TF2 to shake off some rust, lol.
Man how do I get to play against the people he was playing against.... We got them in a skirmish and I destroyed him like 4 times with Tracer in <2 mins.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I actually enjoyed TF2 and I'm a person who doesn't normally like multiplayer PVP shooters. I have a feeling that something like this might be right up my alley and I enjoyed what I saw at PAX so I am eager to give it a whirl.