Overwatch

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
30 seconds into the game we had a tank give up. lol said the healers werent with him, but i got hit by a junkrat ball and i had to back up. lol after that, dude switched and we had no tank. something new everyday in this game.

edit-
This shit gets even better. the very next games, i go against the same guy the very next match. He talks shit to me saying, im the one that gave up and telling my team mates to watch out. So i proceed to get 4 golds with reaper and i get 40 kills and 3 deaths! lol That shit was fucking awesome. This fucking game! lol

Last edited:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
goldLife.jpg

And we won.

Other team was a pretty decent 2 2 2 haha.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've realized that my Ovewatch statistics in bnet haven't updated since like the first few days that I played. Any solution for this? Like my rank and achievements work fine, but it still says that I have 4 minutes played on Ana who I've been playing as a main for about a week now.

Last edited:

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I've realized that my Ovewatch statistics in bnet haven't updated since like the first few days that I played. Any solution for this? Like my rank and achievements work fine, but it still says that I have 4 minutes played on Ana who I've been playing as a main for about a week now.

Are you sure you're selecting the correct stat period? The drop-down defaults to Quick Play instead of the current competitive season (which is dumb).

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just got told that I'm a noob mercy who doesn't heal. Finishes game with 52% damage healed. Feels bad man.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
And we won.

Other team was a pretty decent 2 2 2 haha.

KOTH to 5 rounds, it was pretty hilarious. Can't remember if I stuck with dva the whole time, but pretty sure there were times we were tank-less.

Just got told that I'm a noob mercy who doesn't heal. Finishes game with 52% damage healed. Feels bad man.
Yeah, I don't vote for healers unless they get at least 55%. You're definitely a slacker :p

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I played a lot of Sombra tonight, I'm really enjoying her. She's so much fun.

One thing I found hilarious is when getting play of the game with her...it actually starts with the play of the game for someone else, then she hacks it and it becomes her play of the game. I thought that was funny, and totally took me by surprise. :)

I had some decent games, hacked 29 people in a single game. That must have been annoying for the other team. :)

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I don't understand how the proportion of trolls and bads doesn't go down with rank. I placed in at about 2500 and went up a bit (2600) then down a lot (2200). I know I'm not the best player ever, but I'm baseline competent. There are some deeply awful players in that range. I decided I was going to stop fucking around, and am now at 2850 hoping to hit diamond before the end of the season. I just had a game full of diamonds where all they did was trickle solo the entire time on offense, and on defense we had a Symmetra on the second point of Hanamura who was telling us "Don't use the TP unless it's an emergency" when the exit was placed 2 feet from our spawn room. Wtf.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm

Yeah I'll sometimes get some idiot Rein or Road who I'm literally hooked onto and healing for a solid 5+ seconds but they keep peeking and taking 200 damage a peek and then blame the healers. Personally I just laugh it off because there is no point in engaging with idiots online.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
At some point in the rankings, should I be expecting that teams will generally be competent in general strategy and gameplay, or is solo queue just Russian roulette all the way up?

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I don't understand how the proportion of trolls and bads doesn't go down with rank. I placed in at about 2500 and went up a bit (2600) then down a lot (2200). I know I'm not the best player ever, but I'm baseline competent. There are some deeply awful players in that range. I decided I was going to stop fucking around, and am now at 2850 hoping to hit diamond before the end of the season. I just had a game full of diamonds where all they did was trickle solo the entire time on offense, and on defense we had a Symmetra on the second point of Hanamura who was telling us "Don't use the TP unless it's an emergency" when the exit was placed 2 feet from our spawn room. Wtf.

Yeah I think there is a prominent issue, whether or not Blizzard is looking at it or not I can't say for sure. As I was telling my friend, using top500 as a reference, once you nail yourself into the middle of the top500.. its going to be extremely hard to just flat out lose top500 without deliberately throwing games, or inactivity. You're bound to win some, and then lose some. Take Miso for example, i've played against him about 3 or 4 times, and with him once. The guy is a toxic piece of shit, using my friend who was literally doing fine as genji, 3-5 man ults but no, hes a low diamond scrub that should have swapped to a healer because of his ranking, not his friend whom he queued w/ that did literal nothing as a hanzo. It was two faced too, during the attack everything was lul fun u so good, to omg you're a low diamond scrub, should only play healers, i'm #1 ect. I played against him, and he is so easily dumpstered it's not even funny, you wonder why hes up there.

I'm hoping with due time, they figure out how to make better average adjustments based off performance stats. I'm not saying because a person is gold coin, he should get the star child treatment but more along the lines of if this person is playing McCree for x amount of time, and has delivered x amount of damage, while the average says otherwise. He should either receive a reduction, or rewarded for his ability toward an average. I know there is a system that is light in play, and it is kinda an awkward idea. I fluxiate anywhere from 200-250 points playing with that said -low diamond- scrub, and there isn't a game that i'm not performing better than the rest. But because hes my friend I get to critique his plays, and decision making, which often times I have to assure it wasn't fully his fault, but I could only imagine the bull shit people have to go through at lower ranks due to the difference between 3.2 and 3.6. When we both were 3.5-ish, the queues were just all around good fucking games.

In other news, not going to find the link, but seems like all the PTR changes will be going through. Might have some slight tweaks, but word from lead designer said its all working better than expected.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
It really is blind luck. You get a night with great teams and play terrible and go up 300. Have a night where you on fire and get bad teams and drop 500.

I hear you can play dps and make enough of a difference to climb, but around 2000 if you play dps your team will either have no healer or no tanks.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I'm just hoping they'll revitalize avoid player, in the sense that he is in a much lower priority to be on your team. Or realize that cancer is spreading, and figure out how to actively put cooldown on players with toxicity, severity based off their consistency in reports. Getting people like Toothpick, Stevoo, and Benstiller69, amongst others too, just fucking sucks dick. The second one thing doesn't go their way, they're already in the corner with a bastion shooting basketballs. I don't mind that toothpick, or stevoo are Symm mains, but it just sucks they give up 20 seconds into the game because something went wrong, or another person sees through them.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Logged in for the first time and my team was super hostile. Called me a faggot for picking Hanzo on attack

I dont know what rank I'd hit because I just logged out

I tried quick play but was in the queue for 10 minutes

Tenks

I disagree heavily it is blind luck. You're at your rating because you deserve to be ranked there. Everyone around you is similarly skilled (or lack thereof) and it is just your own personal ego thinking you're better than all these rando idiots. But it turns out you are also one of these rando idiots. There are some good write ups and videos out there as well dispelling the myth of "But I got gold medals, I carried!" mentality of low ELO players. The real problem is the game doesn't present you enough information to know what exactly is going on. But simply getting golds and still losing means you probably were doing something wrong.

Case in point just yesterday I played with a Junkrat who decided to go on solo adventures. I'll take it for face value when he says he was gold elim and damage. The problem is all his damage and elims were completely worthless to the grand scheme of the match. I was Mercy that game so I can pretty easily tell what is going on and who is out of position. This Junk would just spam shields, sometimes get a double kill somewhere off the objective then die but we'd still lose every push because without him disrupting the team fights we couldn't get shit done. But in his mind since he was gold in damage and elim it wasn't the Junkrat as the problem but I could tell absolutely it was him.

Also since I've been supporting a ton lately DPS players in the Plat range have no idea how to position themselves to accept support. Some seem to be allergic to healing and try to break LOS all the time or expect me as Mercy to shift through the entire enemy team go heal them. Again it is really, really hard to communicate bad positioning via a scoreboard. The game needs replays so a McCree who felt he was never getting healed could go "Oh I was just never near the healer and my positioning left me unable to receive support." Its the main reason I stopped playing Ana at this ELO. For starters Reapers at this ELO have no clue how to capitalize on nano boost but also people refuse to stay in sight lines so it is really, really hard to do long-distance healing so I have to get in far closer than I'd like as Ana simply to force my support on the unwilling.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
MM and ratings are garbage. Started off season at just over 2500, went to 2650 or so crashed down to 2400, then shot all the way up to 2940 and now back down to 2500.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I disagree heavily it is blind luck. You're at your rating because you deserve to be ranked there. Everyone around you is similarly skilled (or lack thereof) and it is just your own personal ego thinking you're better than all these rando idiots. But it turns out you are also one of these rando idiots. There are some good write ups and videos out there as well dispelling the myth of "But I got gold medals, I carried!" mentality of low ELO players. The real problem is the game doesn't present you enough information to know what exactly is going on. But simply getting golds and still losing means you probably were doing something wrong.

I think you're taking blind luck into an entirely too deep of a context, or maybe i'm giving them too much credit. I think when people refer it as blind luck, even at my rating which is probably higher than most on this forums, you can't prevent yourself from dealing with a shitlord or two. Sure, its one person, ultimately you could carry a game against the odds and still win with that, but there are still situations where even if that potato sack did one or two things in a game of ult timers/combos can make a world of a difference. It's also pretty luck based if you get 5 other players who can perform versus 1 or 2 competent enough. I know that doesn't say much about the player themselves, but there are these situations.

Example, I had a game yesterday on Eich attack. Mind you, this is in a game w/ Masters and Top500's, where I would climb the wall on attack, pick BOTH healers literally. We would still get dismantled because the rein walked infront to where he gets walled off, then they aggress on our team and dismantle. Rinse and repeat on picks, no capitalizing. I mean, its not entirely my teams fault, but at the same time what more can I do when i'm dealing the damage, and getting the picks. Everyone is mentioning that we need to move as a unit, but our rein refuses to be in team chat. Is it a dipolmatic issue in which we have to convince this player to communicate and try to work this out? or why am I wasting my time telling someone something so basic, and praying that 4 other people can move according to this player?

There is a degree of luck in who you get matched with in terms of 5 different probabilities whether you get 3 support mains, or everyone is a dps god.

I had another game, in which was luck, again, towards a victory though. We made a piss poor defense on dorado, with like 5 minutes left on the clock for the attacking team. Guy choose Pharah at the last point, against a McCree who has been consistently doing most of the pickings and damage on their team, while the Ana on ours is desperately asking him to go reaper. He insists Pharah is the answer, does abysmal, ect. Arguments ensue, that duo queue leaves comms. His duo partner seemed to be the able to calm him? not upset? idk, he was basically saying not to blame him. The Ana wasn't a dick, more emotional that we needed a reaper but wasn't telling him he was ass, just his pick wasn't doing anything. I'm roadhog on this defense(i don't play many tanks) but by the end i'm silver at 4.4k, and was gold, so it couldn't have been higher than 5.5k. It's fairly obvious dps is a problem. I quick lock dps, and the game changes completely. Not trying to toot myself here, but gold ended at 24k and we won by shutting them down for 5 minutes outside the choke on point 1. I also think I tilted them because at a certain point during that 5 minutes, they eventually had 3 dps.

I easily know I could be higher, but I pref to play w/ friends and support them to be better.

Tenks

MM and ratings are garbage. Started off season at just over 2500, went to 2650 or so crashed down to 2400, then shot all the way up to 2940 and now back down to 2500.

Thats all platinum rating though. You must be the guy they talk about when they say exposing raw MMR would confuse people.