Overwatch

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Her gun is kinda like Tracer's but her damage is kinda low compared to Tracer's gun. Daughter played Tracer and she seems like a decent counter to Sombra. The funniest thing is while being on a 6 vs 6 Sombra match daughter gave me the controller and I switched to Winston. It was a rampage... 46 kills in a row...
Sombra is also a counter to Tracer though. If she doesn't see you as you pop out of stealth and hack her, Tracer is like REALLY weak for a while, generally guarantees Tracer dies, cause she's so squishy and can't dodge anything anymore.

But yeah her damage is low compared to Tracer, I think I read it's half of Tracer's DPS, but not sure, it's definitely low overall. If she did high damage she's be super retarded though with the large clip, the escapes and the disables. It's a lot more balanced like that.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It was a fun night, although not a winning one. Played for about 3 hours or so, only 1 hour on Sombra and I didn't stupidly stayed on her when I was obviously being countered.

There was probably a Sombra on both teams in every game which was expected.

People reaction to her were mixed, there were a few ragers...but not that many surprisingly. Most were curious about her, and willing to give her a chance, asking people to change if she wasn't doing well.

While I had a losing night, my rating went down by maybe 40 or so only so it wasn't too bad. I think I only had 1 game where we were dominated, it was ridiculous on Dorado attack, where we bottled in at the spawn.

All the rest were very close, I think I had 2 draws, and a lot of games went to the limit which is why I had fun overall. Winning is of course nicer, but having good matches even if you lose can make for a fun evening.

I definitely enjoy the game more with ultimates taking 20% longer.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
But yeah her damage is low compared to Tracer, I think I read it's half of Tracer's DPS, but not sure, it's definitely low overall. If she did high damage she's be super retarded though with the large clip, the escapes and the disables. It's a lot more balanced like that.

I think eventually, they will increase her damage slightly...not by much because she could easily become OP, but right now it's a bit too I think...not too low as in useless, but a bit too low. Her utility is what makes her powerful though...but in most case a team will just be better with a DPS that's does more DPS. I don't think her utility is enough to compensate for her low damage.

I still enjoy her a lot, and will continue to play her though...I just love her play style.

It will take a while to truly evaluate her impact on the game and how balanced she is.

I think she will get a bad rep for a while, since I don't think people necessary realize they are killing someone who's been hacked yet...so they don't realize that she had an impact, even her ultimate to a point might hack the entire opposition and your team holds or take a point...and they don't realize that they had an edge because of Sombra because it's not flashy like a Zarya, Pharah, Reaper, etc...where you see an immediate impact of their ultimate being used. Sombra has an impact, in that in enables your team to have an advantage...but the team still needs to execute on it.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Sombra is also a counter to Tracer though. If she doesn't see you as you pop out of stealth and hack her, Tracer is like REALLY weak for a while, generally guarantees Tracer dies, cause she's so squishy and can't dodge anything anymore.

She also counters flankers by taking away their health packs. Tracers and Genjis rely on health packs for healing since they are rarely in LOS of support.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
The sombra's in competitive right now are really bad. They are doing nothing, but them fuckers refuse to switch. lol there is no way they nerf the ammo in the clip with how bad her damage output is.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
In today's tournaments, only saw Sombra once with Lunatic on attack on point A of Anubis, and it wasn't very effective.

Lots of soldier and phara though. I think the patch made things a bit more interesting, or at least different.

Goonsquad Officer
is there co-op PVE in overwatch i can play with my wife? she liked playing mass effect 3 multiplayer a LOT and doesn't care about pwning newbs.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm sure Pharah isn't great against top players but she feels so much better now in ~plat range, holy crap. I was annihilating the enemy team in quick play, if their hanzo hadn't been on me the entire match somehow (he got knocked INTO headshots on me like 3 times) I would have had like 2 deaths. Still finished with gold all over the place.

xzi

Mouthbreather
is there co-op PVE in overwatch i can play with my wife? she liked playing mass effect 3 multiplayer a LOT and doesn't care about pwning newbs.

There was during halloween but I don't think it's still playable. I wouldn't be surprised if they start adding a lot more pve related things tbh

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
There was during halloween but I don't think it's still playable. I wouldn't be surprised if they start adding a lot more pve related things tbh
they already said they were. THey said that the Halloween event was them testing out the PVE waters.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
DVA feeling strong to play against. Insane health with that mobility and no need for reloading is really tough to face down as a reaper or mcree.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Comp is just so volatile. Watching people like Moonmoon who was 3900 yesterday and he's almost down to 3500 today. Ridiculous you can dig a hole that deep 20-25 rank points at a time.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
This is a game I want to play so badly, yet never seem to make time to play. Hard life. I need a few weeks off work to play me some Overwatch

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yay, winning evening for me last night. After a losing placement record, and a losing first night of competitive, I had my first winning evening. :)

I'm no higher ranked than my placement.

It seems the Sombra craze has died down a bit. She wasn't always present in both teams.

For some weird reason I had 2 games on defense in Hollywood where the attacking team had a Symmetra...they didn't take point A from us either time.

I love Symmetra on defense on Hollywood, Hanamura and Temple of Anubis...sometimes on Numbani, Volkaya Industries and King's Row...all on point A only of course. I'm not sure why someone would use her on offense...and it happened twice on the same map in one evening.

I dislike how people often tell you how your pick isn't meta...and you should switch to something else. They are so obsessed with the meta...but honestly at gold rank it doesn't matter much, we don't have the team work for it to matter much, just have a balanced team and it's pretty much ok.

Communication is probably the biggest factor at gold rank solo queue. Almost every time I am on a team where 3-4 people communicate, we totally dominate the other team...not matter what the team composition is like.

All in all, it was a good night.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Meta only works when everyone can play their characters at a very high level.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Think I'm going to give this game a shot this weekend since it's f2p. See if the ow skills run in my blood.