Overwatch

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah people are somewhat over reacting to the video. It is 5 minutes of gameplay highlights in probably 120+ hours.

-edit-

NM he isn't really high level. So probably more like 40-60 hours or so.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah people are somewhat over reacting to the video. It is 5 minutes of gameplay highlights in probably 120+ hours.
Well yeah but the point of the video was kinda to say you can do this shit on PC just as you do on consoles, because just like on consoles, it's fairly easy to not notice Lucio wall riding when he's like above you, limited field of vision and all. The non boop kills are like whatever.

The video is great anyway, can argue content isn't that impressive but the editing is really nice, sucks that he doesn't have the PC to get that shit in non blurry res but still very enjoyable to watch.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I thought that video was him playing on PC because he wanted to prove he can rank up on a PC?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I thought that video was him playing on PC because he wanted to prove he can rank up on a PC?

It is. The other side of the coin is lately Lucio has been in the communities' sights as being unfun to play. His video is being hoisted up proving the non-obvious skillcap of Lucio.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Good playing on his part. Enjoyed that video.

Earlier today I got pulled from inside the point on ilyio? Or whatever one it was from way up where the other team comes out. On the playback the roadhog was trying to hook someone and it missed and for whatever reason it bugged and pulled me from a mile away through geometry and walls.

Roadhog apologized for it afterwards but I got a good laugh. Shit code is still around in places

lost

<Bronze Donator>
lawd makes me want to rebind my jump and play lucio more. have jump on thumb button right now. was holding a king of the hill earlier on lucio just jumping around a pillar on one of those snow maps

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Any of yall want to play? My ranking is somehow like 1700 but I think I can play pretty competently around 2000.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
And is he using speed boost when he's dodging on walls or heals lol. Can u jump higher while wall skating? How's he get so high

gauze

Molten Core Raider
non-obvious skillcap of Lucio.
This. Drives. Me. Nuts.

I main hanzo, w/e, I can dps as pretty much all hit scans at the same variance. I sometimes don't get the role, its fine. I don't play many tanks, so I usually go road but when i'm flexed onto a healer and hear "Play Lucio, hes easy." I'm at a loss for words when i'm playing him, i'm blown away at how difficult it is. I can 100%'d Jet Set Radio and Tony Hawk, but I can't find my grove for Lucio and boop people properly. Obv takes practice, but there is a skill level there that I just don't posses. I can Ana/zen 20x better. I also suck with Mercy, its pretty funny actually.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I suck with mercy too because Im not a pussy. Hiding behind corners isnt my style.

Lucio is easy to do "well". I suck at his wall riding, dont practice it at all.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
This. Drives. Me. Nuts.

I main hanzo, w/e, I can dps as pretty much all hit scans at the same variance. I sometimes don't get the role, its fine. I don't play many tanks, so I usually go road but when i'm flexed onto a healer and hear "Play Lucio, hes easy." I'm at a loss for words when i'm playing him, i'm blown away at how difficult it is. I can 100%'d Jet Set Radio and Tony Hawk, but I can't find my grove for Lucio and boop people properly. Obv takes practice, but there is a skill level there that I just don't posses. I can Ana/zen 20x better. I also suck with Mercy, its pretty funny actually.

I played lot of TF2 medic which is very similar, mercy u basically need to be aware of ur surroundings n keep out of los of the bad guys while healing ur main tank or lesser plebs. U don't cling to ur healing target u keep max distance to help avoid line of sight of bad guys imo. Keep eye out for a far away team mate u can fly to incase u get attacked/lured. Dmg boost is good for ultimates otherwise I don't boost a lot. I'm only 2700 rating tho :p she's pretty boring compared to hanzo or Ana.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I played lot of TF2 medic which is very similar, mercy u basically need to be aware of ur surroundings n keep out of los of the bad guys while healing ur main tank or lesser plebs. U don't cling to ur healing target u keep max distance to help avoid line of sight of bad guys imo. Keep eye out for a far away team mate u can fly to incase u get attacked/lured. Dmg boost is good for ultimates otherwise I don't boost a lot. I'm only 2700 rating tho :p she's pretty boring compared to hanzo or Ana.
Solid advice, but it's an issue at my core. I could easily reconfigure, but its always a sense of don't fix what doesn't work. I just get to, uhh, want to kill you mode? and if mercy was hit scan, it would be all over but the projectiles suck dick at far engagements that you spent most of your time hiding, and I don't have the ability to trust my teammates when it comes to dps. Not that sometimes they can't do good/better, but often times i'm really mentally critical of their performance and get stuck on the fixation of knowing I can do more.

Also I didn't play TF2, but I remember in TFC Medic was a blast w/ con jumping.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
im only doing my placement matches but having an entire team telling me to kill myself was quite a pleasant experience

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
From early this morning, Envy vs Rogue. Highly recommended:

Careful of spoilers if the embed goes to live instead of the video I linked.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ex-genj

Golden Squire
I played this a bunch this weekend and am sort of on the fence whether to buy it. I got to ~14 just doing QP and all lucio because he seemed the most fun/interesting and knocking people off ledges is ridiculous. Thing is I don't think I'm particularly "good" at these games. I'm not awful and I don't do dumb stuff and sort of get the flow of the game/almost always get 2-4 medals but I have like this feeling that I'll start competitive and get crushed? Did anyone who started feel this way/wind up like that?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I played this a bunch this weekend and am sort of on the fence whether to buy it. I got to ~14 just doing QP and all lucio because he seemed the most fun/interesting and knocking people off ledges is ridiculous. Thing is I don't think I'm particularly "good" at these games. I'm not awful and I don't do dumb stuff and sort of get the flow of the game/almost always get 2-4 medals but I have like this feeling that I'll start competitive and get crushed? Did anyone who started feel this way/wind up like that?
The game does a good job with mmr and putting you where you need to be. Just learn to mute people.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Fun to watch the APEX competitions, interesting to see how rarely use mercy, seems like ana is main healer and lucio mostly speed boostin?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Mercy used to be the top healer but as they buffed McCree and S:76, Pharah became less and less relevant and Mercy kinda fell out along since they kinda go together in general. Also people got better at playing around Mercy, either by chasing her down before the fight starts to kill her first, or to pace their ults so they still have some for the res. Nowadays she's only picked when people go Pharah on certain maps. Zenyatta is a bit similar, was top tier for a little while then a bunch of nerfs to his orbs, he's still picked though sometimes, just not that often. Basic setup atm is Ana and Lucio(Lucio was the 2nd healer in every other comp too, he's been dominant ever since the start). Lucio does speed boost to initiate fights, but depending on fight will switch to heal song. Also provides defensive ult since Ana doesn't have one.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Thanks good tips, will try to gauge when to use speed vs heal after initial rush, speed seems nifty during fights specially when reinhard goin offensive