Overwatch

Needless

Toe Sucker
Guys i just realized something.

Cucklan made Tracer a lesbian because theres no way to explain what would happen if a guy shot his load into her and she used recall.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't know if you actually think you're being funny in this thread or not. I hate to break it to you but the definitive answer is you are not.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1SJW
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Oh, I tried the new Mercy on PTR while there for Moira. Damn the cast time for resurrect is fucking long in a fast pace game like Overwatch. It is a pretty huge nerf, not sure how much of an impact it will be on her pick rate though.

As it is, it's pretty much impossible to dive in and rez someone in middle of a group of enemy. You pretty much need to be in safe spot to rez and not die right away.

She doesn't automatically erase picks now. There was plenty of fights where my tank would die first, and I had rez up and couldn't rez him, or some where I would be able to rez but I would die right away.

As I said I don't know how much of an impact it will have on her pick rate, but I am sure it will have some.

Played some Moira again. Discovered something I'm sure some people knew, but her Biotic Grasp Heal(Left Click) leaves a small heal over time on people. I check in the Training area, it seems to be around 2 ticks of 25 or so. It's not a lot, but everything helps.

I'm getting used to her more. I think she's in a pretty good place. I think she will be very popular pick in Competitive. She's fun, can heal extremely well, and can do pretty good damage. I'm not sure she'll be used at the pro-level though. Coalescence is nowhere near as good as Lucio or Zen's ultimate to either initiate an attack, or counter one. Unless of course, pros come up with some crazy strategy using it.:)

She will most likely become my primary healer when I need to flex to a healer, right now I do Zen or Mercy in that order if I can. I feel she works well with any of the other healer. I feel a Moira/Zen or Moira/Lucio is more viable than a Lucio/Zen team up since she can burst heal people very efficiently which is what is lacking in the Lucio/Zen team up. If she's with a Mercy or Ana, she'll most likely focus more on DPS. I think she may be able to solo heal in some case but it would definitely not be ideal. I did solo heal a few games in QP, and it went ok...healing output was around 6-10K for a single round. I was mostly just using healing orbs, and DPSing mostly just to refill my healing meter.

I can't wait for her to be live.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think in the coming patch Mercy will be back to being a mostly defensive oriented pick. Possibly giving rise to actual different support comps based upon the map and attack/defense. With the Ana buff it may be Mercy + Ana are the best defensive support picks and Moira + Zen the best offensive picks.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I thought I'd play a bit to hit gold, but I've been falling like a rock doing the usual fill / last to pick (almost always mercy as 1 spot left and no healers, no tanks). I'm going to try playing nothing but Mei for awhile and see how it goes.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
I thought I'd play a bit to hit gold, but I've been falling like a rock doing the usual fill / last to pick (almost always mercy as 1 spot left and no healers, no tanks). I'm going to try playing nothing but Mei for awhile and see how it goes.

Im guessing, not too well

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
They need to do something where if you report someone, you can't have them in your group for 24 hours or something...I know they don't want permanent block, but it's fucking awful to play with someone who is throwing, report him and get him in the next game where he throws again.

Guy was playing a Battle Mercy, refused to heal and rez, two games in a row.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>

That's what my alt account is for, one-trick Mei. I have a 65% win rate on her though, and no matter what happens...I have fun because she's by far my favorite character to play. :)

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
I played maybe 4 games tonight and only lost one, it is so much easier with a group of 6 it feel unreal.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We have a bunch of silvers and low golds that we could do a group here. We all need to agree to a night to do it. Friday nights are normally my play Overwatch with IRL friends and drinking night. I can do any night though.

I played one match tonight. It went well, but my team didn't know how to focus the Symmetra so we lost in OT on Junkertown. I really should play her more because everytime I see her in Silver she usually dominates unless it's a troll.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
It's amazing, even in the 1500's I lose 30ish on a loss and get 20ish for a win. That tells me the game thinks I should be even lower.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I played maybe 4 games tonight and only lost one, it is so much easier with a group of 6 it feel unreal.

Game is streaky, always has been.
Night 1: Win 6 in a row
Night 2: Lose 6 in a row
Night 3: Win 3 in a row
Night 4: Lose 3 in a row

My MMR yo-yos like this all the time, always has.
If only I could find a way to skip Night's 2 & 4.

I'm not saying I'm in the wrong ranking or am super good, I'm probably exactly where I should be. But the game IS a bit luck based.
Big reason is because unlike MOBAs, this game doesn't have "carries". You are literally as good as your weakest link. You can't "steamroll" the game.

I play solo 99.999% of the time.
Grouping as 6 is actually more difficult imo. You face other big groups, and the games become much more about communication and working as a team, the ability for a "solo" to make an impact lessens even more.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I always found that a group 2 is the most efficient way to rank up, especially if both of you can flex to all roles. The thing though is to actually be coordinated and working together. Just 2 people together that do their own thing won't really work.

My last 5 sessions according to Oversumo went like this:
+72SR
-65SR
+76SR
+40SR
-99SR(last night)

So yeah, the game is very streaky, I wonder in all honesty how much of that is related to my own personal performance. I mean, maybe it's just me having an off night and dragging down the team, or me having a great night carrying. Not necessary the "I got shitty groups all night" or "I got awesome groups all night".

I mean it's probably a mix of the two. Like last night I lost 2 games where we had a battle mercy(same guy twice in a row) that refused to heal or rez, so those were not winnable not matter how we played, aside from that I know I didn't have my best night, don't think I was awful, but definitely not my at my best.

The only time I ranked up to platinum, I was extremely discipline, and the moment I saw I was not having a good night...usually 2 loss in a row, I would just stop playing. So I avoided the bad streaks, but played a lot during my good streaks...the thing is that at the end of the day, that's not fun. When you put time aside to play Overwatch, stopping early kind of sucks.

I'm up to play with anyone here that wants to group. I have 2 accounts, 1 at 2112 right now, and the other at 1720...so can group with a large range of people. :)

• 1Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Game is streaky, always has been.
Night 1: Win 6 in a row
Night 2: Lose 6 in a row
Night 3: Win 3 in a row
Night 4: Lose 3 in a row

My MMR yo-yos like this all the time, always has.
If only I could find a way to skip Night's 2 & 4.

I'm not saying I'm in the wrong ranking or am super good, I'm probably exactly where I should be. But the game IS a bit luck based.
Big reason is because unlike MOBAs, this game doesn't have "carries". You are literally as good as your weakest link. You can't "steamroll" the game.

I play solo 99.999% of the time.
Grouping as 6 is actually more difficult imo. You face other big groups, and the games become much more about communication and working as a team, the ability for a "solo" to make an impact lessens even more.

Had a game maybe 2-3 nights ago where a guy on my team single handily won the game and thought he was hacking. Went and looked at his season history, he was never lower than ~4300 and one season he showed as Top 500. Somehow he placed 1500? He picked Soldier on Gibraltar and I think I was Sym, I literally didn't do a thing and they couldn't push the pay load anywhere. I guess my point is in extreme cases such as this you can in fact Steamroll this game.

Funny thing was that while he was amazing on Soldier his Top 500 season had nothing but Mercy/Lucio to get there.....