Overwatch

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Jesus Blizzard is really into creating a safe space. Cant even say "stick to fucking qp" without getting in trouble?

uKKgb5X.jpg

I find it kind of hilarious considering this is the second warning in one week when Ive played since launch and was far more "toxic" back then than now.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Jesus Blizzard is really into creating a safe space. Cant even say "stick to fucking qp" without getting in trouble?

uKKgb5X.jpg

I find it kind of hilarious considering this is the second warning in one week when Ive played since launch and was far more "toxic" back then than now.
Ni:smuggly::smuggly:a, I'm constantly chat banned

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Good upcoming match in OWL for a place to the stage 1 final in Houston vs Boston.

NYXL is guaranteed a place in the finals. London Spitfire is in too for semi-finals.

The 3rd place is opened for 3 teams.

If Houston wins, they are in.

If Boston wins by a map differential of +2 they are in.

If Boston wins by less then +2 map differential. LA Valiant is in.

Exciting match .:)

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Stage 1 semi finals started. Best 3 of 5 Houston vs London

3-1 win for London

Final London vs New York

Last edited:

xzi

Mouthbreather
I've been playing nothing but CTF and it's great. Moira is fucking op on all of these maps.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Glad to see that after 2ish months or so away from the game, Junkrat is still fucking dumb.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Glad to see that after 2ish months or so away from the game, Junkrat is still fucking dumb.

The so called nerf to Junkrat was so fucking minor it doesn't even matter. So the trashy piece of shit has mine damage fall off, yet he hardly gets played because there are so many faggots in this game.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I'm just super pissed atm. I'm normally a big" don't blame others, if your not having success it's your fault but i honestly can't believe many of my issues in competitive are due to me being a sub gold level player...

One game this kid decides to choose Mercy so i figure" OK let someone else play mercy for once" He totally fails, we lose our round 1 with them having 5mins left as none gets heals. So for Round 2 attack i SAy "I'm playing Mercy" we complete attack it with a min left despite lots of feeding and stupidity.

In Overtime we nearly take the first point in our one min time frame, but just barely fail . SO we have to defend nearly 7 minds on point 1... Amazing we hold out for 5+ mins, I at last convinced the kid to switch to bastion. Sadly a perfect DVA throw kills Mercy ((me ) despite me being 60km up in the air and away somehow (Yes,

NExt game. one our players laves after we win a 100/99 ponit control win round. OFC we lose the game

Now this guy... we were having a real hard time stopping shit on Junkertown till near the end... The Beric (the one playing bastion in vids) guy after the match declares em the worse Mercy ever.. Worse Haaler, rezed none.. Keep I'm mind i kept telling him to move up as Bastion and he only started playing him in the final minutes',

WE held out those final nearly 4 mins at that point and won, in large part due to em finally getting to swap to bastion... and ofc Mercy healing/rezings

Am I the worse mercy ever? you guys be the judge...

Sorry about the very low quality but you guys can

Overwatch 02 11 2018 11 02 40 551

Overwatch 02 11 2018 10 11 47 173

Now it don't think these include all my rezes as i rezed Bastion once, Lucio twice and Oriisa 3 times.. and lastly VA once. And these were all during the last final stand at the end of the map...

Any comments/critiques would be welcome, I'm really sorry about the quality. If anyone knows a good way to record footage from OW thatd be amazing.

Edit; Watching the vis i actually rezed the complainer bastion twice, and even dmg boosted his ultimate and got 2 kills of it...

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
So I'm just super pissed atm. I'm normally a big" don't blame others, if your not having success it's your fault but i honestly can't believe many of my issues in competitive are due to me being a sub gold level player...

One game this kid decides to choose Mercy so i figure" OK let someone else play mercy for once" He totally fails, we lose our round 1 with them having 5mins left as none gets heals. So for Round 2 attack i SAy "I'm playing Mercy" we complete attack it with a min left despite lots of feeding and stupidity.

In Overtime we nearly take the first point in our one min time frame, but just barely fail . SO we have to defend nearly 7 minds on point 1... Amazing we hold out for 5+ mins, I at last convinced the kid to switch to bastion. Sadly a perfect DVA throw kills Mercy ((me ) despite me being 60km up in the air and away somehow (Yes,

NExt game. one our players laves after we win a 100/99 ponit control win round. OFC we lose the game

Now this guy... we were having a real hard time stopping shit on Junkertown till near the end... The Beric (the one playing bastion in vids) guy after the match declares em the worse Mercy ever.. Worse Haaler, rezed none.. Keep I'm mind i kept telling him to move up as Bastion and he only started playing him in the final minutes',

WE held out those final nearly 4 mins at that point and won, in large part due to em finally getting to swap to bastion... and ofc Mercy healing/rezings

Am I the worse mercy ever? you guys be the judge...

Sorry about the very low quality but you guys can

Overwatch 02 11 2018 11 02 40 551

Overwatch 02 11 2018 10 11 47 173

Now it don't think these include all my rezes as i rezed Bastion once, Lucio twice and Oriisa 3 times.. and lastly VA once. And these were all during the last final stand at the end of the map...

Any comments/critiques would be welcome, I'm really sorry about the quality. If anyone knows a good way to record footage from OW thatd be amazing.

Edit; Watching the vis i actually rezed the complainer bastion twice, and even dmg boosted his ultimate and got 2 kills of it...

Youre better off just muting all of team chat at silver. People will scream out for rezzes and have no idea if its actually SAFE to be rezzed or whatever. Then they get tilted if you don't rez, or rez and die, then you get tilted, etc. I realise you're silver so sorry but one thing I notice when Im smurfing is that people in silver just have no gamesense whatsoever and are really poor about what is carrying the team/why team comps aren't working etc. So really, you didn't need to post like 5 videos just cause some random silver called you a bad mercy, its what people do when they lose.

If you do want to climb though you're probably better picking zen so that your team mates can actually kill something. I don't think mercy is much more of a throughput enabler now after nerfs (she doesn't have huge game winning abilities any more). Like with mercy at the minute you're sort of limited by your team mates capabilities. If your team mates just get picked halfway accross the map, or trickle, or can't kill anything, some extra throughput generally won't help that. Plus you miss a big healing cd ultimate to counter things like soldier/genji/zarya ultis.

Jim lovell

Molten Core Raider
Play Zen, Zarya, or Soldier in Silver if you want to climb out. It is a roulette wheel down there so you might have to put in 50-60 games. If you are good enough you should be able to carry but you might get stuck with 5 idiots and lose.

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
Whenever someone asks for a rez, I take it as a plea but definitely not a tactical order. Since the latest round of Mercy changes and depending on where people fall relative to a corner I can hide behind, there's about a 75% chance I won't be able to rez them safely. I'd guess my overall number or resurrections per game has dropped by about 50-75%.

But oh well, just means I'll have to play my actual main (Sym) more to stay in diamond.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'll add to what others have said, as Mercy you're not going to carry. You're pretty much at the mercy(pun intended) of the rest of your team.

As support I always found Zenyetta to be the best to rank up, now Moira is also pretty good. Even with average aim, you can contribute a lot as Zenyetta as his contribution is his healing, and especially Discord and his Ultimate, damage/kills is pretty much a bonus to be honest, although if you're really good, you can have a huge impact.

Moira isn't as good but is much easier to play, and her mobility really helps if your team sucks at protecting you. Hey ultimate doesn't have the same impact as Zen though, but he overall healing is better.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Moria just op.

This weekend i went from 2330 to 2840 just playing her aside from a game or two.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ya mercy doesnt carry. You make the call on resses, I have a pretty good mercy guy with me but he does really risky resses, sometimes I'm like that was dumb as fuck bro (half hp res infront of the enemies) but he pulls it off more than not. But she wont carry, youre only as good as your team as mercy IMO, if no one protects you youre dead, if no one kills then you die. If u have a good moira when youre mercy then your moira can dps more since you can carry the heals but people have to die.

Moira or zen is good, can still heal, counter ult (zen) and kill people easily (right click zen or dps moira)

or just go dps, reaper is hard to miss with and focus tanks then ult rape.

a lot of the times when you feel like your team just isnt pushing or getting kills, take notice and see who on your team is flanking, flankers get the juices flowing, if youre able to flank moira or youre playing reaper which should always flank then kill some healers or tanks that makes the difference usually. harass the healers so they get out of position and someone else kills them etc.

as a mercy you know if no one harasses you are a bad ass healer but soon as you get pressured and the other teams healers arent pressured, is when you start to lose cause people suck at defending their healers.

Last edited:

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Play Zen, Zarya, or Soldier in Silver if you want to climb out. It is a roulette wheel down there so you might have to put in 50-60 games. If you are good enough you should be able to carry but you might get stuck with 5 idiots and lose.

Pharah is the best carry if you can play her well. Most people don't have the aim to shoot you out of the sky in Silver.

Edit: Influx of smurf accounts incoming. Shitty ass comp games all week next week.

Last edited: