Overwatch

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
PTR Patch went up today.

Overwatch PTR Patch Notes – February 14, 2018
A new Overwatch patch is currently in development and now available for testing. To share your feedback or report and issue, please post in the PTR Feedback or PTR Bug Report forums.

Please note that the below patch notes only include changes currently available for testing on the PTR. While many of these changes will also be available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in a future patch, the PTR is PC-only and therefore will only reflect changes coming specifically to that platform.

HERO UPDATES
Doomfist

• Hand Cannon
    • Ammo recovery rate increased from 0.8 seconds to 0.65 seconds per bullet
Developer Comment: This change will help Doomfist more consistently be able to use his weapon as part of his combos.

Mei

• Endothermic Blaster
    • Freeze (slow) duration increased from 1 second to 1.5 seconds
    • Weapon alternate fire ammo cost reduced from 25 to 20
Developer Comment: Increasing Mei’s slow duration helps her freeze targets that are particularly elusive such as Genji or Lúcio. Lowering her alternate fire ammo cost allows her to more safely use it without costing her the ability to freeze enemies.

Sombra

• EMP
    • No longer blocked by small objects (e.g. sign posts)
  • Hack
    • No longer gains ultimate charge from health pack healing
    • Cast time reduced from 0.8 seconds to 0.65 seconds
    • Now disables the following abilities:
      • Genji—Cyber-agility
      • Hanzo—Wall Climb
      • Pharah—Hover Jets
      • Lúcio—Healing Boost and Speed Boost (turns off current song entirely), Wall Ride
      • Mercy—Angelic Descent
  • Machine Pistol
    • Machine Pistol spread reduced from 3 to 2.7
  • Opportunist
    • Now activates when enemies’ health bars are at less than 100%, up from 50% health
  • Translocator
    • Duration increased from 15 seconds to 20 seconds
Developer Comment: The goal of these changes for Sombra is to remove the necessity for her teammates to take damage and heal themselves with her hacked heath packs to try to get her ultimate charged up quickly. Her ultimate will now come up less often, but there are more abilities that are disabled by Hack so it is more effective when used. Previously, Opportunist would only activate when an enemy’s health bar dipped below 50% but now the passive will reveal all damaged enemies which should help Sombra identify targets to pick off. Overall these changes should make her more effective and less reliant on her ultimate.

USER INTERFACE UPDATES
Mercy

• Valkyrie
    • No longer shows enemies’ health bars unless they have taken damage
Developer Comment: This helps remove some clutter from Mercy players’ screens when they use her ultimate

Araxen

Watching Jardio's stream, he plays Sombra from time to time, and he believes she's a must pick now. The Wall hacks(opportunist) change alone is pretty OP.

Araxen

IMHO, her time to hack should stay how it is. They shouldn't have shortened it. Opportunist needs to stay at 50%. Translocator should only get a two second buff. 5 seconds is way too long. There should be some skill in managing your translocator and at 5 seconds there isn't any. Her gun change was sorely needed and should stay.

Knowing the Overwatch team they won't change anything and just push her to live as is.

Needless

Toe Sucker
i don't think theres much of a difference with skill in managing a 3 second difference lol, i think the changes are all good except the opportunist will give way too much map information.

Losing her ult charge on health packs is a huge nerf

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just watch Fitzy if you want an actual top 500 sombra main who's actually a good streamer, he's been dying for the changes to go live. She's the only character I've really enjoyed recently and hope these go through as is, but I could definitely see the 100% drop to maybe 70-75%.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
whats the result of the mei changes? If I read it right once she gets enough mist on people they become frozen, and now that time goes from 1 second to 1.5? can you 2x headshot now?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
whats the result of the mei changes? If I read it right once she gets enough mist on people they become frozen, and now that time goes from 1 second to 1.5? can you 2x headshot now?
I think it doesn't have to do with the actual freezing and only the slow that's applied by her mouse1 spray. It lasts longer, making it easier to eventually freeze people even if you don't track properly/you're trying to freeze double jumping retardato genji. Wording is confusing but it wouldn't specify (slow) if it was just the freezing duration.

Araxen

I think it doesn't have to do with the actual freezing and only the slow that's applied by her mouse1 spray. It lasts longer, making it easier to eventually freeze people even if you don't track properly/you're trying to freeze double jumping retardato genji. Wording is confusing but it wouldn't specify (slow) if it was just the freezing duration.

Yeah, it's the slow part that lasts 1.5 seconds now. 2x headshot has been around for awhile. It can be done on live.

Last edited:

Cybsled

Sombra vision change is a buff to teams that communicate, but a nerf to picking off low hp players. Anyone just missing like 10 hp will glow, so you won't be able to tell who is a guaranteed kill.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just an FYI the last patch (or maybe the pre nerf data is now out of "individual skill rating" has fixed the Mercy SR massacre.

I lost a few games today but only lost 11-17 points in each. I also noticed i'm getting often high 29s or above on wins. now. Shame they left this in as it really fucked me and many others and would have been easy to fix, or at least give a warning about.

Araxen

Posted by Geoff Goodman
Our patch note for her passive wasn't quite right, we're going to fix it very soon. Let me clarify what exactly is changing with it:

On live, her passive actually does 2 separate things:

1) It lets you see enemies through walls if they are less than half health
2) It lets you see enemy health bars above their heads if they are less than half health (regardless of if you had damaged them or not)

We're changing #2 so she can see health bars if they are injured at all, but #1 (wall hack) still requires <50% health to trigger. This allows her to have more information once she gets behind her enemies to plan the best way to attack. If you notice, this is also something Mercy gets when using Valkyrie and they both work the same way now.

They clarified the Sombra changes. It's not so bad.

Cybsled

Wait, can't you already see an enemy's healthbar anyways? I don't need to be Sombra to see that.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
And in diamond, finally.

Moria is just so fucking strong. Only a truly autistic genji or tracer gives me any problems.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Wait, can't you already see an enemy's healthbar anyways? I don't need to be Sombra to see that.
She sees all healthbars all the time, assuming they're not at 100%. You can see healthbars of shit you're fighting normally but she sees everything.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
hqdefault.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lost

<Bronze Donator>
And in diamond, finally.

Moria is just so fucking strong. Only a truly autistic genji or tracer gives me any problems.

Right, its the tracers that just bleep bleep in circles around u that are annoying to lock onto, and the genjis that know to stay away until I'm dead to genjiblade. But thats a rarity lmao.