Overwatch

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Whelp, Twitch chat has been a constant spam of TriHard 7 since the stream started. I'm surprised they haven't banned the emote yet. It's been about 25 minutes so far.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'd say that backfired

Backfire.png

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's annoying as fuck. I want good memes, not brain dead shit like this.

Edit: This could actually hurt XQC. Under the new Twitch TOS, if they find XQC responsible for inciting the harassment, they could ban him from the platform...which would deprive him of his source of non-OWL income.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I didn't even realize people read the chat because it scrolls so damn fast. Plus I watch OWL in full screen so I never see it.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
It's annoying as fuck. I want good memes, not brain dead shit like this.

Edit: This could actually hurt XQC. Under the new Twitch TOS, if they find XQC responsible for inciting the harassment, they could ban him from the platform...which would deprive him of his source of non-OWL income.

This is the thing xqc fails to understand. He is used to just saying whatever he wants with zero repercussions, whilst the vast majority of people with jobs have to be aware of fucking up on social media/getting reported to HR etc. He 'feels scammed' by OWL, whatever, I think he thinks that streaming is his platform where he can just do whatever he wants. But Twitch are definitely going in the other direction and if he's not careful he will lose/leave his Dallas contract, and end up banned on twitch also.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
No kidding. Plus, even Pro Sports in general. The leagues own the athletes. Wearing wrong color shoes? Fined. Say wrong shit? Suspended and fined.

They have a business to protect and want a certain projected image. If a person who is essentially an employee starts going off counter to what the League wants, then they get reamed. Like you pointed out, it is the same in business and part of the reason that if you do have social media, you have to be very careful on what you say or show there if you are friended with people from work (or god forbid, have no privacy protections on your account).

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone have any advice about good youtubers/videos breaking down more advanced strats and stuff? I've tried a few so far but it seems they are often a guy teaching remedial stuff, or attempting to break down an owl game in way that's not very useful to me and seems to omit many things.

I did finally watch some OWL games and immediately picked up some tips about how to use the environment as cover, where to line up shots ect.. But still I play her like >10% of my games. I generally play supports about 60-70% of the time, off tanks otherwise so any good videos specifically focusing on those would be nice.

I've been slogging along recently at around 3200-3300sr. i have a good team but sometimes I'll do duo, or single play on comp also. My teammates want me to get over 3500sr as most of them are in that area. I feel like this is sort of the point where competition gets noticeably fiercer, coordination is much better, and mistakes are rarely gotten away with. I think I've perhaps gone as far as i can going just on very modest skill, instinct and what i learn from playing.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Go Gladiators, 3-0 against Spitfire for the win, with 1 map left. :)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm so happy we beat the Spitfire! This team has been getting better every week since we got Fissure!

gauze

Molten Core Raider

I generally don't watch YouTubers because it's basically filled with opinions neither right or wrong but pointing the obvious. Watching pro matches would probably be your best bet and taking/applying your own ability.

I don't know your opinion on it and my time is relatively short, but I'd happily queue with you or anyone and aid any constructional critism or just to have that conversational enviorment. I don't really play hard anymore but ex-3900 Hanzo main that was tired of trying to hit demands every week where I'd often lose 200-300sr because I was busy.

Granted, I'm not the best or right. I've just been in and out of competitive teams since 2004 and after 22 or 23, dealing with hothead 17yearolds gets tiresome because they're impervious to wrongdoing. /Shrug

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I generally don't watch YouTubers because it's basically filled with opinions neither right or wrong but pointing the obvious. Watching pro matches would probably be your best bet and taking/applying your own ability.

I don't know your opinion on it and my time is relatively short, but I'd happily queue with you or anyone and aid any constructional critism or just to have that conversational enviorment. I don't really play hard anymore but ex-3900 Hanzo main that was tired of trying to hit demands every week where I'd often lose 200-300sr because I was busy.

Granted, I'm not the best or right. I've just been in and out of competitive teams since 2004 and after 22 or 23, dealing with hothead 17yearolds gets tiresome because they're impervious to wrongdoing. /Shrug

Yeah, i might take you up on that. Rest of the week i'm very busy with work but after that. I like the guys i play with and all, but they don't provide much feedback beyond "wow you were awesome" or "Don't overextend!" ect.. ect..

I tried watching some pro games lately. I did actually pick up a good bit of Pharah stuff, she is the only DPS i play really though and i feel like the supports who i mostly play are rarely shown much in pro matches. Also, only recent matches are in the correct patch/meta and this makes a big difference for a healer main as everyone played mercy until very recently.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Saebyeolbe and Jjonak for NY are so ridiculous. So dominating at their respective positions.