Overwatch

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This game really needs to show other peoples stats, at least your teams. The fact you can't discern you weakness without the other person giving up the information is pretty stupid. I mean people are going to tilt and rage regardless if it is disabled. Also implement the fixes on elims and damage from the above video. I don't see any benefit to not showing the stats.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
No idea how oversumo works but would assume general stats divided by number of deaths (not eliminations)/minute. I'm sure its not terribly useful.

Its easy to see who's your weakness imo if you pay close attention to the killfeed. Specifically people on your team who get killed not as a result of losing a team fight i.e. out of position picks & poor flankers. Sometimes this game is just hopeless. Last night played Orisa on Hanamura defense. They got 33% of B. I play Rein and we crush them A instantly and then spend 7 minutes losing 4v6s because our "flankers" would run off and die somewhere alone, over and over. So frustrating. Don't think I'm doing that again.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I use overtrack, it shows me kills/deaths of team mates and enemies after the game. Usually helps me pick who I dont group with in the future lol or when my buddy is like DUDE IM A GREAT DOOMFIST then i say look you went 1 kill and 9 deaths the first round, no more doomfist lol

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I use overtrack, it shows me kills/deaths of team mates and enemies after the game. Usually helps me pick who I dont group with in the future lol or when my buddy is like DUDE IM A GREAT DOOMFIST then i say look you went 1 kill and 9 deaths the first round, no more doomfist lol.

had this great mcree earlier! 17 and 2 in last round
download (1).png

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I wish I knew why I sucked or anything like that. Is it me or my team? Is it because the team is just rushing and not waiting for the group so you go in 3v6? Am I out of position or am I dying because the tanks suck? I just have no idea. I watch OWL and try my best to do what they do when it comes to positioning and angles and stuff but I still have no idea if I suck or not lol

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well this looks fun for Dallas, more rumours, now it seems their new main tank they just signed OGE is being accused of account boosting. Sado of the fusion got 30 games ban for doing that.

If true maybe they won’t trade/release Taimou and Cocco as rumoured.

So much drama. :)

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I wonder the same. I played TF and CS quite a bit so I'm no FPS n00b, but I'm still straddling the bronze/silver line. I'm sure I'm better than that. My old WoW mates play this regularly and one has a smurf account almost 1k higher SR than me. We grouped together and I was silver across the board almost every match behind him. I know medals don't mean that much. But when I'm some 1300 SR scrub beating out people in matches where almost everyone is gold level? I need to be more confident in matches and take lead. People are so unorganized but I'm only level 55 and I don't even know where to find all the health packs on every map.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you ever want to watch the world of a Torb one-trick watch this dude:

He's pretty nice, but fuck his one-trick ways.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
just think how much better he'd be on a normal dps, dude can aim. not sure i'd be 1v1ing a pharmercy in an open field tho haha

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
just think how much better he'd be on a normal dps, dude can aim. not sure i'd be 1v1ing a pharmercy in an open field tho haha

His title sounds like he wants to play Bridgette. Top 500 might finally find relief from his selfish ways, though I think she's pretty situational too.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
I wonder the same. I played TF and CS quite a bit so I'm no FPS n00b, but I'm still straddling the bronze/silver line. I'm sure I'm better than that. My old WoW mates play this regularly and one has a smurf account almost 1k higher SR than me. We grouped together and I was silver across the board almost every match behind him. I know medals don't mean that much. But when I'm some 1300 SR scrub beating out people in matches where almost everyone is gold level? I need to be more confident in matches and take lead. People are so unorganized but I'm only level 55 and I don't even know where to find all the health packs on every map.

Medals mean literally nothing in this game, I completely agree with the posters above that we actually need relevant stats. Like maybe someone spammed grenades into a hallway as junkrat and got silver/gold damage, who cares? Maybe im a soldier pepper spraying the enemy team so i get gold elims, but maybe my damage is shit, i dont hit head shots, i attack visor at stupid times, im constantly out of position, i trickle death, i feed ult etc etc etc. The point im trying to make is that it is so stupid on blizzards part to distill a players performance into one metric when the game is much more complex than that.

I will say when I am in bronze, people are pretty poor mechanically at the game. As in, I can just derp about playing pretty much any dps and just win through outaiming people alone, and my mechanics arent that good.

If you have a lot of TF/CS experience, you should just pick dps and take highground (not too far from team) or push cart and that alone will take you to gold. Or play moira, she really punishes lack of heals and poor enemy flanker positioning

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
7 games played yesterday. One win, six losses. Five of those we had a player leave. The last loss the OTHER team had a player leave and we lost hanamura 6v5. Feels so fucking bad. Nothing makes a game worse than wanting to play and having literally next to no control in how my matches play out.

Edit: unrelated - why the fuck does it say “Knight of the Realm” under my username and how do I get rid of it?

rad

Lord of Guk
7 games played yesterday. One win, six losses. Five of those we had a player leave. The last loss the OTHER team had a player leave and we lost hanamura 6v5. Feels so fucking bad. Nothing makes a game worse than wanting to play and having literally next to no control in how my matches play out.

Edit: unrelated - why the fuck does it say “Knight of the Realm” under my username and how do I get rid of it?

Under your user profile, while your at it, upload an Avatar nub.

skribble

Yeah, the population just seems terrible in general.

Logged in after not playing in a few days, decide to fuck about on lucio. Someone picks Ana, accuses me of taking his pick and throwing. Game starts, he swaps to genji out the door so we're a healer down now. Tank rages on comms. Have to mute everyone and leave chat because somehow its so toxic when we haven't even had our first team fight. After getting stomped the first point, people actually do proper picks and we win, eventually. Log out and close game.

The game is just so unrewarding and tilting, that even when you win it feels so unsatisfying because you're completely at the mercy of people throwing tantrums and actively losing you the game.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This game is all about being tilt proof. You can't control what some random dip shit does on the other end of the line so accept your fate and try to stay calm. It's very hard to do. Accept that sometimes having a string of losses because of leavers and ragers and trolls will happen and take a break. Play some Arcade or some QP. If you think a game is lost, you can still set goals for youself. I'm going to hit x amount of x before this game ends. You can at least still feel like you accomplished something in a loss.

But yea the community is god awful. I've been tempered in Dota and LOL before this so I feel my tilt is pretty rare now a days. I've lost out on multiple friends that won't play the game because of this. However they also have super thin skin.

EDIT: Also for the people saying they played TF/CS back in the day, think about how much you played that game. I know I played 8-10 hours a day every day for like 2-3 years. I doubt you do that with Overwatch now that you are older. We all remember our skill in certain video games but often forget how much hours we put into those games.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Playing TF/TF2 was more fun at least, and the games were work. Didnt have to worry about some douche throwing, me I went medic found the heavy and pocketed him to win lol. Some of these ow games arent work its just roll over get butt fucked. TF2 engineers actually felt like they were more valuable than a torb as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rad

Lord of Guk
Playing TF/TF2 was more fun at least, and the games were work. Didnt have to worry about some douche throwing, me I went medic found the heavy and pocketed him to win lol. Some of these ow games arent work its just roll over get butt fucked. TF2 engineers actually felt like they were more valuable than a torb as well.

Yep. I think I was at 3500 hours in tf2 and although certain maps could make you tableflip your PC (looking at you Dustbowl with a solid demo+krtiz) it never felt as futile as many OW games can. Not to mention we'll never get to play hatfortress.

440_screenshots_20170320160000_1.jpg

skribble

Yeah I think thats part of my problem with Overwatch, the gameplay just isn't that fun to me. The fact its so teammate dependent, all the random ass projectiles flying about doing splash damage, the low skill heroes having such a big impact on games, and the fact that no matter how well you play its expected for you to die during enemy ults / certain points defending etc at some point. Can't seem to queue more than one game at a time these days, and I DO actually have free time to spend :/