Overwatch

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Not surprising, I just checked his stream he’s up to 16K and has people subscribing or donating like every minute. He'll be fine I think.

I just want him to stream durimf OWL and take 10-15 viewers from it and see what blizzard and twitch do about it.

Oh and I have to remember to watch the next game for the chat alone, and the next fuel game. :)

Brikker

Trump's Staff
How do these OWL token things work? I've watched multiple full days of OWL games on their twitch channel, have my twitch and bnet linked , but don't seem to have any tokens.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
1 token per map. If you live in Europe there are a lot of countries that don't qualify for tokens due to local laws. I think Canada has to take some sort of "test" due to how their laws work.

Araxen

Im in the US. Where would i see if i had tokens? Nothing pops out in game...

Click on a team in the OWL section.

O828uG5.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
First game of the night, Dorado, we hold first point. Teams gets cocky. I play tank, 5 dps...we lose. :(

Second game, gold healing as Roadhog...we win. Had an Ana and Zen :)

Last edited:

Araxen

This post on Reddit is really good: Jake's thoughts on the current dive meta • r/Competitiveoverwatch

The important part of the vod is here. He talks about Dive and why it is so dominate. The vod leads in perfectly to Spitfire's Dive and the Tank-Try-To-Counter Dive Comp LAG ran on Route 66. Basically it comes down to any other strat than Dive is pretty futile. Brigitte won't change anything about Dive either like some thought because she's just a slow melee character that can be kited easily like all the other non-mobile heroes.

Last edited:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
That was really interesting insight from Jake, also very depressing. I like OWL, but it's so stale sometimes.

I think in the long run, it might be the biggest challenge OWL faces, that dive meta that never changes with maybe only 8-10 heroes or so being viable, and the rest almost never used except for very specific tactics. It will get boring to watch....hell it is boring already sometimes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
That seems like a pretty good analysis. From what I've seen it's filtering down more and more as at my SR around 3300 i'm seeing these dive comps more and more. I think my team ran Winston, Dva, Moira, Genji, and Zen in 9/10 matches today... With only a sprinkling of other DPS getting the last spot and Mercy/Lucio replacing Moira once and Zen once each. Even on my gold account i see Winston/DVA all the time.

I think the problem is clearly the mobility of some heroes. Mobility kills in most competitive games. I don't see the guy really suggest this but i think they probably need to greatly up the cooldowns on Boosters, maybe nerf defense matrix also. But Boosters, Jump, Fade, and blink, maybe make genji a bit less mobile also. make the base speed boost from lucio like 15%.

I don't think you will ever be able to balance Heroes with the low CD/no CD movement abilities as they are.

Needless

Toe Sucker
This post on Reddit is really good: Jake's thoughts on the current dive meta • r/Competitiveoverwatch

The important part of the vod is here. He talks about Dive and why it is so dominate. The vod leads in perfectly to Spitfire's Dive and the Tank-Try-To-Counter Dive Comp LAG ran on Route 66. Basically it comes down to any other strat than Dive is pretty futile. Brigitte won't change anything about Dive either like some thought because she's just a slow melee character that can be kited easily like all the other non-mobile heroes.

Only 5-6 months until a new character will come out, maybe they'll address a hero that can -actually- counter dive lol

Quick kaplan, make a hero that has a lucio aura, but instead of healing; it disables enemy abilities that are inside the aura!

Oh-oh-oh, and another ability that has a skillshot like roadhog, except it tethers the target to them so they cant get further than 5ms away for a few seconds

Araxen

If you are ever watching one of the Korean OWL players streams, here you go with some translations:

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Finished my last placement match on my smurf, had a tracer and hanzo as dps. hanzo had 0 time in the last season 3s on hanzo, only 2 hours on winston each season. Guess one of those guys that just does placements for the points and doesnt care if he wins. DPS couldnt kill crap. Welcome to comp =p

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Oversumo is nice as it is literally showing that I am in ELO hell. Can't win with anything but yet outperforming 85% of players on my rank -_-

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Rumors is that Dallas Fuel are shopping Taimou and Cocco.

I guess ownership really not happy with results.