Overwatch

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Brigitte won't be available in comp till Season 10. It didn't make any difference when Blizz World was released. I routinely heard people say they haven't played on the map before. The same will happen with her.

That sucks, season 10 is still like a month away at least.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Brigitte won't be available in comp till Season 10. It didn't make any difference when Blizz World was released. I routinely heard people say they haven't played on the map before. The same will happen with her.

Yeah I hadn't played bilzzword at all before I played it in comp for the first time, I didn't even know it wasn't in comp I just thought I never got it. Sucks she's so far out, game is really stale at the minute

Cybsled

OWL will soon end up like that planet from ST:TNG where Wesley fell into a flowerbed by accident and was sentenced to death.

lol

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How do any of you enjoy Mystery Heroes? What the actual fuck.

It's a million times better than playing with 5 DPS while the other team has tanks and healers in QP.

Edit: I finally did it last night and I have a 1000 wins in Mystery Heroes!
nw8JSVr.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Seems like only a small handful of heroes are used in OWL; is that representative of higher end competitive matches? Should I focus on getting better at the heroes in that group that I like?

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Seems like only a small handful of heroes are used in OWL; is that representative of higher end competitive matches? Should I focus on getting better at the heroes in that group that I like?

It's pretty diverse in Comp even at the higher elo's.

• 1Like

ex-genj

Golden Squire
man I know he's "off meta" and all that but in this game is there anything more satisfying than just swinging your dick (or um labia?) around as Reinhardt and destroying people? With a decent support crew he's just a wrecking ball. I love it. DVA meta means meaty earthshatter so so much.

• 1Solidarity

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dropped 300 points in the past week. It's definitely my fault. Sometimes I forget that we're playing a shooter and forget the basics such as positioning and aiming. Doesn't help that I'm always fill and switching my roll up. I think maybe I should stick to a subset, like hitscan or projectile (or just go full retard with auto aimers).

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Got to 25 yesterday and finished my 10 placement matches today. 7W/3L. Put me at 2557 SR which is apparently Platinum? I figured myself more of a potato Silver player, lol. Mostly did Junkrat for the placements.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I think I'm starting to lose interest in the game for the first time since it came out.

I can deal with the toxicity, but the game is so stale. While still more varied in platinum than OWL in term of team comp, it's still pretty stale.

I'm enjoying watching OWL more than playing these days, and even OWL is stale as fuck...dive on offense and defense 90% of the time. No change in sight really, as most pros don't seem to think Brigitte will have a big impact.

At least this meta is good for my team LA Gladiators are totally rocking Stage 2, with Stage 3 looking to be more of the same that might be good for them. Maybe they have a chance to finish in the top 6 for the season and be part of the playoff. Hopefully I'll still be watching OWL then. :)

lost

<Bronze Donator>
i get the same way - im about to play OW then realize OWL on and I'd rather just watch them cause I know it'll be a good game, rofl.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I remember when speed of sound hit in daoc. The mobility made a massive difference and suddenly albion had the upper hand.

Maybe speedwarp totems are needed? Or a hero with a hamstring type attack. Although I guess Mei already has a snare of sorts.

I watched Runaway this morning in Korean contenders. They've got some new people but they are so perfectly coordinated. I think they'd be top 5 in the league easily.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Every game on my smurf has some awful tank who doesn't do shit just blaming the entirely wrong people and entirely wrong reasons all game. Very toxic games.
There will also be the inevitable ana, who has picked the hero with the worst winrate in the entire game across all brackets telling others who to pick, completely missing the irony
Apparently you can also get 3-4 picks each team fight and your team will still tell you youre fucking awful simply for playing widow
You can also kill the enemy tracer smurf repeatedly but the second he one clips your support, 'dps are shit pls swap if u don't know how to play heroes'

Its actually hilarious. I fucked around from silver to gold today just playing battle mercy literally healing no-one and killing people with ultimate and pistol, and I ended up at 2056, climbing 500 pts, all the meanwhile these fucking clueless idiots are just constantly filling games with toxicity, unable to accept the real reasons they lose and are stuck, and that perhaps if they didn't tilt their entire team and improved their own play, they'd climb easily too.

This game really needs better feedback/scoreboards/stats

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Translation, i played on a smurf against people below my skill level and i come here to stroke my penis.

Cool wrap up brah.

• 1Like