Overwatch

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
No, its just frustration that the game is very very bad at letting players know who is performing well/underperforming which makes self reflection, which people are already bad at, even more rare.

And its frustration with the high degree of toxicity that goes hand in hand with it

lost

<Bronze Donator>
i just dont understand how it can be so bad at matchmaking.. some games you get people that know what theyre doing and some games you feel like youre the only one trying to make changes or be a better team player and how did these other people get here. i know its not the same but when i did wow arena i never got that feeling, it was always work and strategy, then again u queued with ur teammate so lol.

i just wish the matchmaking was better, that seems to be it.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
I get "frustrated" at the matchmaking so to speak specifically when we get rolled on 2 CP maps. I'd assume its just that the "dps" players don't know how to play defend dps. What's a genji gonna do on defense hanamura? And of course they don't have a backup hero.

To me ~90% of the "no chance" games are 2 CP and the rest are them getting 3 points on Hanamura etc and us getting stomped at the spawn. IDK.

skribble

I think some coach (maybe for normal sports) said something like people are really good at identifying when a problem exists, but not good at knowing how to solve it. So people just see a widow or whatever and its the easiest thing to blame, rather than actually think about their own mistakes or get proper feedback from proper stats.

A large part of the matchmaking probs are to do with:

1: smurfs
2: deliberate derankers/soft throwers
3: people with decent mechanics placing into gold but not knowing anything about the game
4: mmr on one hero in most cases does not translate into you being as good on another hero

Mix all these together and its quite the clusterfuck. The amount of smurfing in gold is ridiculous though.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Agree that smurfing is something that can't be fixed until it's a 1 to 1 system which will never happen. As far as match making goes I believe it could be improved by having seperate MMR's for characters and que up by class. I know they probably said this, and a lot of other role based games shy away from "reinforcing the meta" but even League of Legends finally gave in and implemented role queing (but not character MMR, I think there is a game that does that though?).

But what reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealy rustles my jimmies is the fact that in a game that promotes teamwork and making friends, I get fucking penalized hard fucking core for playing with them. Example. last night (we are all within 250 SR btw) playing with 4 stack. Win one, not making this shit up I gain 2 SR. Lost the next one and I lost 60 SR. Nobody is going to play competitive with friends because of that. I guess it's by design? Shitty design if you ask me.

skribble

60 is quite a lot

also they could fix smurfing to some extent by tieing accounts to unique mobile phone number verification, but they won't because of the business it would lose

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

ex-genj

Golden Squire
After playing with Overtrack for a bit (1 week free trial, but don't see a reason to pay for it. Does anyone get value from it?) all I can say is SR gains and losses seems to be completely pulled out of their butt.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
well if you just want it to track sr win/loss u dont have to pay, in order to look at the match details u have to.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
PATCH HIGHLIGHTS

New Hero: Brigitte (Support):

An engineer with peerless armor-constructing abilities, Brigitte Lindholm is a valiant squire who fights on the front line to protect her allies.

Brigitte’s armor engineering capabilities make her a stalwart support hero, capable of holding her ground in combat while also providing healing and armor for her allies. Her primary weapon is her heavy-hitting Rocket Flail that she swings in a wide arc in front of her to smash multiple enemies at once. Whip Shot enables Brigitte to fling her flail forward, striking enemies at a distance and knocking them backward. With each blow, Brigitte’s passive ability, Inspire, heals nearby allies over time.

Brigitte’s Barrier Shield deploys a frontal energy barrier that can absorb a limited amount of damage and protect any allies directly behind her. Once her Barrier Shield is deployed, she can use Shield Bash to lunge forward and stun the first enemy in her path. Drawing on her engineering prowess, Brigitte can create Repair Packs to instantly heal wounded allies or provide armor to teammates at maximum health. When Brigitte is at her strongest, she can activate her ultimate ability, Rally—a galvanizing call to arms that generates a substantial amount of armor for nearby allies and increases Brigitte’s movement speed so she can lead them into battle.

To learn more about Brigitte, click here47.

Brigitte will be available in Competitive Play in Season 10. To learn more, click here33.

GENERAL UPDATES

General

• Changed the name of Junkrat’s Scarecrow spray to Hayseed
  • Updated Mercy’s Toast victory pose
HERO UPDATES

Sombra42

Hack

• Now goes on a 2-second cooldown when interrupted by damage
  • Now more consistently interrupted when targets break line of sight
Developer Comments: We’re also removing the 0.1 second window of time during a hack where it couldn’t be canceled via line of sight or with other abilities including Tracer’s Recall and Zarya’s Particle Barrier, which was originally put in place so the hack wouldn’t be interrupted by small objects such as light posts. We’ve implemented a separate fix for that issue, so she should still be unaffected by those small objects.

USER INTERFACE UPDATES

General

• The Team Information Screen now displays the ultimate charge of your teammates
BUG FIXES

Heroes

• Fixed a bug that prevented Doomfist’s Rocket Punch from traveling forward if he had been hit by an enemy Doomfist’s Rising Uppercut

• Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented players from aiming Doomfist’s Rocket Punch when facing an enemy

• Fixed an issue that allowed players to jump over Doomfist’s Rocket Punch when on an incline

• Fixed a bug that caused Doomfist’s Seismic Slam to cancel if he could not get close to his target

• Fixed a bug that prevented Doomfist’s Rising Uppercut cooldown countdown from displaying if he was in a movement hindering ability (e.g. Zarya’s Graviton Surge or Junkrat’s Steel Trap)

• Fixed a bug that caused Doomfist’s Rocket Punch cooldown to delay counting down if he was in a movement hindering ability (e.g. Zarya’s Graviton Surge or Junkrat’s Steel Trap)

• Fixed a bug that prevented Doomfist’s Rocket Punch from hitting enemies that were close to him

• Fixed a bug that prevented Junkrat’s RIP-Tire kills from being credited in the Kill Feed if the targets had a long death animation (e.g. D.Va’s Mech)

• Fixed a bug that caused Mercy’s Regeneration to occur instantly if she took damage while at full health

• Fixed a bug that caused Mercy’s wings to separate from her body if her Zhuque skin was equipped during her Toast victory pose

• Fixed a bug that prevented Moira’s Biotic Orb from receiving kill credit if it expired at the same time it killed an enemy

• Fixed a bug that caused Moira’s Fade visual effects to indicate the direction she was traveling in when she used the ability

• Fixed a bug that prevented Reinhardt’s Charge from pinning enemies

• Fixed a bug that prevented the chunks from the pumpkin in Reinhardt’s Pumpkin Smash emote from appearing after he obliterated it with his Rocket Hammer

• Fixed a bug that caused Roadhog’s Chain Hook to appear at the top of an opponent’s screen if he used it against an enemy Mercy when she used Valkyrie

• Fixed a bug that prevented Sombra from receiving environmental kill credit if she kills an enemy using Hack

• Fixed a bug that sometimes caused Sombra to be visible to enemies without displaying a “Detected” notification during Stealth

• Fixed a bug that sometimes failed to teleport players using Symmetra’s Teleporter if they used an ability that increased their movement speed when passing through it (e.g. Doomfist’s Rocket Punch)
Maps

• Fixed a bug that caused some objects to block projectiles on Blizzard World (e.g. souvenir carts)
UI

• Fixed a bug that prevented the “Restore Defaults” button from resetting all settings in the Social Options tab

• Fixed a bug that caused players to delete characters in the “Save Highlight” text box if they pressed down the delete input while their settings were below 60 FPS

• Fixed a bug that caused the user interface to indicate two control points on a single control point map when playing a custom game

I feel like the Sombra changes are fine. People are crying like it's the end of the world. Heaven forbid you need good positioning to land a hack instead of just spamming right click.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Sombra changes aren't as bad as they could be, if you are holding right click but not starting a hack and take damage, it doesn't go on CD. Still not super happy about nerfing a character that I really like that barely saw played even after her recent buffs.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Some guy in my team were saying the other day that group SR is all screwed up ATM? We've basically taken the week off so it must be legit.. Maybe that's how you lost 60sr?

I've been playing on my Silver alt all week and I gotta echo many of the complaints. It does seem like the great majority of cop games at low SR are very one sided. I've managed to pull my SR up a few hundred points but it's still very frustrating at times. I don't mind a ton as it's giving me more practice with other heroes as my my support heroes are just not very good "carrys". So, I've been using Pharah and Roadhog and even Orisa a couple games last night if we need a shield tank a lot. Sometimes I know we lack the team for One of my normal supports to be effective since your team needs to be at least somewhat reasonably matched for Moria or Mercy/lucio to be effective imo. It's actually kind of fun as It's far more viable to play these heroes I'm less experienced with on here then on my main who is borderline master.

As for Smurfs... I really don't know. I don't feel like you see a ton of them, but then again technically I guess i'm playing a smurf so I'm likely a bit biased. However my impression is your not seeing tons of Grand Master players smurfin at bronze-gold. I have found a few other people who are like me that have mains in diamond-Gm and use alt accounts to play off classes.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider

• Fixed a bug that caused Moira’s Fade visual effects to indicate the direction she was traveling in when she used the ability
    "

• Interesting I actually assumed this was a planned feature. It's amazing how many people didn't seem to realize this tho... Still I'm a bit surprised they are making fade even stronger and moira harder to kill when it was strong already.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Having now ranked into competitive and done some Platinum games...I don't think comp is for me. It just isn't very fun. Too many people treating this as something other than a video game. Quick Play I can fuck around and have fun, play whatever I feel like, etc. Had a couple fun games as a Torb earlier when in comp that probably would piss people off, lol.

• 1Like

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Comps the only fun mode for me really. I'd play to win as a team than just pick whatever character. Of course I don't mind playing tank, healer, or dps, all of which are fun or maybe have fun heroes in all 3 roles. YMMV of course.

• 1Like

skribble

i like brigette a lot but i have no idea why they would make such another situational hero. She seems like she can be countered so easily, or be prevented from doing any healing/being useful. But because she requires low mechanics, is waifu bait, and can occasionally do big plays, I foresee her being played all the time when its completely inappropriate ruining even more games. Wooo

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I got her a couple times in mystery heroes. Once was in a big point A brawl in king's row. Was really fun. Other was Eichen and I didn't do so great.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
"from the top rope" rein ulting on the right balcony of hanumara B and getting like 5 people is about the greatest thing ever.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not really loving Bridgette atm. Had people play her a bunch in my games today. For one thing she is really specialized and basically requires a second true main healer. First game in comp we tried with 3 Tanks, Bridgette, Moira and widow for some reason. It worked well when everyone stayed together, point defense ect...

But the thing is it was basically even in a specialized situation like this she's clearly inferior to Moira. Whom has stronger healing, better damage that's not reliant on melee, and a much better mobility ability. if you want to play real hard sustain vs a team struggling to get picks or pocket a guy Mercy is your choice, While Zen is a better secondary support in just about every comp,. Frankly in all the games i played I thought she seemed less effective then even an ana would be.

Hopefully i'm missing something here and she will prove much more useful then it seems at first. But I'm just not sure where she fits in to the support meta atm other then to serve as a temporary weakness many teams will have until she stops getting played, or buffed somehow.