Overwatch

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What about 2 supports 1 tank 1 bridgette?

But yea I agree as a secondary healer she is underwhelming. I also think her ult is very lazily designed. It's really just a longer lasting, less performing amp it up from Lucio (obviously the armor thing is nice though).

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah i was thinking 3 supports might be worth a shot at least. Thing is your potentially going very low on DPS and probably very reliant on Ana/Moira/Zen to get picks. It might be worth a try in some situations but i can't say I'm optimistic triple support with Bridgette will be all that good. Maybe i can get my team to play it tonight in practice see how it goes.

totally agree with her ULT. I was expecting more for some reason. Sure the armor is good, but it's also very close range (like essentially everything about her) and not that high impact as i expected. Again another trend with Bridgette I've seen/

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Jumped into comp again tonight. Did 4 games; 3 loss, 1 win taking me from Plat to Gold. All 4 games were easily the most toxic shit I've seen in this game, maybe in any fps game.

Good thing I have fun in mystery heroes and quick play.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Not really loving Bridgette atm. Had people play her a bunch in my games today. For one thing she is really specialized and basically requires a second true main healer. First game in comp we tried with 3 Tanks, Bridgette, Moira and widow for some reason. It worked well when everyone stayed together, point defense ect...

But the thing is it was basically even in a specialized situation like this she's clearly inferior to Moira. Whom has stronger healing, better damage that's not reliant on melee, and a much better mobility ability. if you want to play real hard sustain vs a team struggling to get picks or pocket a guy Mercy is your choice, While Zen is a better secondary support in just about every comp,. Frankly in all the games i played I thought she seemed less effective then even an ana would be.

Hopefully i'm missing something here and she will prove much more useful then it seems at first. But I'm just not sure where she fits in to the support meta atm other then to serve as a temporary weakness many teams will have until she stops getting played, or buffed somehow.

I don't think you're missing anything. What she does, she does incredibly well, i.e. being part of a big deathball that just runs over teams. The problem is that if she can't get into melee range, she does nearly no healing output at all, and not even any poke damage, and if she CAN get into melee range but doesn't have another support babysitting her she just gets blown up. Shes probably the most niche hero in the game at the minute, because at least those attack bastions still do poke damage, and attack syms don't need to get into melee range before her beam locks on. I'm dreading every single comp game having her.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I like Brigitte, she's fun to play.

I've said this before though while on the PTR on Junkertown attack match, I had never felt so useless playing any hero in Overwatch as I did playing Brigitte. First it's not a good map for her, especially the first point, I was being countered hard...but stuck with her because I just wanted to play her. It was honestly one of the worse experience ever.

On the opposite end, I've used her and she was a total beast, out healing Mercy and Moira, getting good elims and damage. Providing tons of shields, generally almost equal to her healing.

She can easily be countered though, and I agree with most people, she's very niche but will most likely see tons of play because of how fun she can be, and her low skill requirement, so there will a lot of terrible Brigitte and the game will suffer for it.

I think she will see some pro-play though...for example like route 66 third point on attack when the attacking team switches to a Rein/Zarya for final push, same with Eichenwald 3rd point which very often is a big melee brawl.

I doubt we'll see her for entire maps, but she'll shine in specific spots like I mentioned.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I tried watching TimtheTatman since Overwatch streams are becoming a dying breed and he doesn't deserve to be in GM. He was playing Rein and didn't know the other Rein could counter charge him. Then his Zen ult's on the point and he charges for a bad pin attempt and goes flying off the point. Fucking boosted pos.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I was playing Moira, Zen in comp and we were having hard time VS a heavy dive team. I was somewhat wishing I could select Brigitte.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was playing Moira, Zen in comp and we were having hard time VS a heavy dive team. I was somewhat wishing I could select Brigitte.

It would be nice to watch streamers playing with her on their teams in Comp. They should have stuck with the one week lockout for new heroes. There is still 5 weeks away till the next season.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I tried watching TimtheTatman since Overwatch streams are becoming a dying breed and he doesn't deserve to be in GM. He was playing Rein and didn't know the other Rein could counter charge him. Then his Zen ult's on the point and he charges for a bad pin attempt and goes flying off the point. Fucking boosted pos.

Are you the guy that he banned for saying he was boosted garbage, lol

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah Overwatch streams are dying.

I think part of it is the popularity of Fortnite, I know Calvin streams a lot of Fortnite now and barely any Overwatch anymore.

I think a lot of streamers got hurt big time by the Overwatch League basically taking about 24 hours a week of prime time, 3 evenings and Saturday afternoon cutting in time that was good for them, they either switched their scheduled or stopped streaming.

Also a lot of streamers are now OWL players and barely stream anymore if at all. Some are probably now scared as hell to say or do something that will get them banned too. :)

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So Seagull is an off-tank now?

It feels like Dallas is at the let's throw shit at the wall and see what sticks type of strategy. They are trying everything they can think off. :)

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone catch Florida vs Sanfran? Sweet match.

I did and yes it was.

Great turn around for Florida, Logix has stepped up big time, guy is a beast almost every match these days, Cwoosh(sp?) also improved a lot as a tank.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
So Seagull is an off-tank now?

It feels like Dallas is at the let's throw shit at the wall and see what sticks type of strategy. They are trying everything they can think off. :)

Some interview with seagull said he was only in the game because taimou was in the toilet when they had to scrim, so seagull stepped in and it went really well haha

I actually think it could work out really well, Seagull has always had insane gamesense and I think Mickie used to play a lot of monkey.

The NYE boys were impressed too:

GleQK3S.png

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I was overjoyed as you might expect with control center where they seriously just dumpstered NYXL. That's probably the worst beatdown those guys have ever had. And all because of Mei (well mostly)

gauze

Molten Core Raider

I can respect it. Feel like you don't really run into much doubles lately, even in masters.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
That's nice, I always wanted that. Especially since it often happens that you report someone extremely toxic or a thrower and get them in the next match. I will definitely make use of this, and 2 people sound reasonable.

I'm pretty sure some one-trick in master and grandmaster like Stevo and Fuey, one-trick Sym and Torb respectively are going to end up with HUGE time to find a match as tons of people will avoid them.

Not that it concerns me, but it will also be nice for Streamers to avoid people who are stream sniping them.