Overwatch

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's why the stats in this game don't mean a lot. When where why how, all super relevant.
To expand on this a little without going into a deep analysis. In this season there are tons of Rein vs Rein, and the team that wins more often than not will be the one with the Rein that blocks more Shatters than the other one. That's not reflected anywhere, Rein can have the most awesome offensive stats, if he is not blocking shatters you will lose most of the time. In a similar fashion, if Rein isn't keeping his shield down when playing against a Widow and is out swinging his hammer all the time, she'll get tons of easy picks because of free line of sight. Heck, maybe the Rein with the lower stats is an outstanding shotcaller compare to the other one that doesn't make a lot of calls, having a good shotcaller can win you a lot of games.

There's a lot more to it, but these are just 3 examples. The thing is there are far more in Overwatch than stats that will affect how well you're doing.

For a single game or small sample size, this is true. However, for good sample size, a significant difference in stats absolutely indicates someone is contributing far more to his team then the other one.

Hell one Rein is dying 50% more often than the other so it's clearly not just the guy is playing more defensively. Actually the guys awful death rate was the biggest thing that stuck out to me. While I didn't bother recording the other guys' shield dmg per 10 I know it was less the mine which is about 15.4k.

it's just in a 6v6 game where team comp/picks are crucial you have an amazing amount of stuff out of your control when it comes to sr.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Being ignored while playing Zen is so much fun. He can have such a crazy impact on any games.

If you wanna climb with Moira you need to heal. It used to be able to damage with her but since all the buff to DPS of late.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Being ignored while playing Zen is so much fun. He can have such a crazy impact on any games.

If you wanna climb with Moira you need to heal. It used to be able to damage with her but since all the buff to DPS of late.
When I DPS I find Moira very hard to kill. But I'm not good

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Managed to hit bronze. The quality of games has dropped significantly.

Was able to watch a little of your latest stream on Zen, there are a couple small things you could change. You are over emphasizing left click instead of charged right. Zen is a lot like hanzo in that spamming a choke for targets you may not even see can get a lot of cheap kills, that you'll never get using using left click. Saw some encounters with brig where you could have taken her shield down with some charged hits.

Your positioning is pretty good in relation to your tanks, personally I would emphasize using corners more as I threw those charged shots around a corner towards a choke.

Mostly I see the problem I already discussed which is playing support at your rank is a fools errand. I'm a far better coach than I am a player, I know this game pretty well and have spent tons of time helping son go from silver to masters just focusing on game sense. I dont mind spending some time watching gameplay if you want me to.

Another way to approach it is to maybe spend 100 levels in mystery heroes, that way you'll really get comfortable being able to simply switching to what will work best in the different situations you find yourself in. Oh and please turn off tips :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
The above tourney has live coaching too. They assign the coach as spectators but they can only spectate their own team.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Was able to watch a little of your latest stream on Zen, there are a couple small things you could change. You are over emphasizing left click instead of charged right. Zen is a lot like hanzo in that spamming a choke for targets you may not even see can get a lot of cheap kills, that you'll never get using using left click. Saw some encounters with brig where you could have taken her shield down with some charged hits.

Your positioning is pretty good in relation to your tanks, personally I would emphasize using corners more as I threw those charged shots around a corner towards a choke.

Mostly I see the problem I already discussed which is playing support at your rank is a fools errand. I'm a far better coach than I am a player, I know this game pretty well and have spent tons of time helping son go from silver to masters just focusing on game sense. I dont mind spending some time watching gameplay if you want me to.

Another way to approach it is to maybe spend 100 levels in mystery heroes, that way you'll really get comfortable being able to simply switching to what will work best in the different situations you find yourself in. Oh and please turn off tips :)
Thanks man. I'm a far better (well... Not too far) tank than healer. I'm comfortable enough with zen but I agree I don't right click enough. In fact last night I was thinking that to myself. I'll probably focus on tanking and go to a healer when needed.

Good call on mystery hero thing. I might give that a shot.

I'll post some replays here when I can. Or you can just follow And see me live/replay the vod.

What do you mean about tips?

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just found out the hard way that Genji blade can't kill a Bastion using his self-heal. I literally stood behind a Bastion in turret form and put 3 or 4 swings of my ult into him and he just healed through it. What?

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I didn't know that about his self heal being able to heal through blade. With the armor changes on PTR I bet you'll be able to kill him.

Needless

Toe Sucker
What happened to the meta that made bastion in like every game ive played recently? i played like 17 games on the weekend and he was in at least 15 games, sometimes on both teams

lost

<Bronze Donator>
did you combo the blade with like melee hit or that strike through perhaps. but yeah theyre a bitch but if hes healin he aint shootin!

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
2-8, 2019 SR in Placements. Usually playing in the afternoon is better, but wtf at the idiots on today. People playing Reaper into Pharah, quad dps, no one wanting to play second support if I play Zen. SMH.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've dropped to 1350 and it's kind of crazy. Like attacking on blizzard world and we're choked inside. Wtf is the point of still playing widow? Or the team is dual shield.and none of our team is able to break shields. My team never has a good bastion.

The funny part at this level is people can't aim, so you can just stall and run around on the point.

Also suspecting a lot of Smurfs. But that's tinfoily