Overwatch

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Climbed back into silver. What a pain in the absolute dick. You had to rely on winstreaks to get anywhere really. Hopefully I can climb into gold
Ive been on around the same time if you want to group. Dropped into silver last night :(

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
I've fallen in love with playing brig, so much so I bought her gold mace. I usually autopick her and flex to either tank or another heals if really required. But in bronze at least she's so good protecting the backline. Just shuts down a bunch of ults like reaper and anything broadcast. I keep hovering around 1500 so I'm about to break out of this hellhole.

When I get pissed I break out the Brig, but usually I’m gold elims and healing with Moira. She’s still badass in silver.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Ive been on around the same time if you want to group. Dropped into silver last night :(
Yeah just toss me an invite when I'm on. I always forget to check the social tab since usually no one is on. Sometimes I play one game sometimes I play 6 hours straight.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Just took me 13 seasons but I finally was able to hit Diamond on my main account. :)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
just curious how you guys feel about this.

I had a match today, where both of teams took both points in Anubis... twice... Thing is our last one was on Overtime by like one second. So they won and basically, we had no chance to win.

IMO this is demoralizing. If a team is good enough to take both points on Anubis twice they deserve like a 2-3min bonus added to the time. (regardless if they were in OT or not). If you can take the fucking two CP points twice ina in a game you don't deserve to not have any chance to win that game. At very least you should not lose SR as most Good non-pro teams can't take Anubis twice in one patch.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
CTF maps need to be more of a thing in this. Having a blast on CTF Busan. Also more KOTH maps. Also reaper is a fucking beast now. That life steal is insane and the indirect buff to the armor nerf is pretty noticeable on people like rein.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
CTF maps need to be more of a thing in this. Having a blast on CTF Busan. Also more KOTH maps. Also reaper is a fucking beast now. That life steal is insane and the indirect buff to the armor nerf is pretty noticeable on people like rein.
I can't believe they haven't nerfed Genji's wall climb in CTF. He's the most OP solo carrier.

If they don't cheese the whole defense with turrets then I'm getting at least two solo caps on Genji.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can't believe they haven't nerfed Genji's wall climb in CTF. He's the most OP solo carrier.

If they don't cheese the whole defense with turrets then I'm getting at least two solo caps on Genji.

I've actually preferred running as hog or lucio as carrier. Although hog can get blown up pretty fast he's an amazing dueler so if you just have to deal with 1 or 2 people you can usually do it, plus the E is amazing for carrying a flag. Lucio is just good for obvious reasons, more he can fulfill solo or support flag role, but you can usually can get a solo flag away from almost anything with an ult.

I figured genji's wall climb would work because I saw hanzo doing. Does the double jump work too then? I would figure hanzo's horizontal air dash would drop the flag.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I figured genji's wall climb would work because I saw hanzo doing. Does the double jump work too then? I would figure hanzo's horizontal air dash would drop the flag.

You can double jump and climb while carrying. Dash will drop the flag.

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
It’s also crazy that you can lucio speed boost a flag carrier, making him a must have for literally every CTF comp.

CTF is a fun mode though and a nice way to take a break from the usual modes. I went 5-5 in placements just goofing around and placed 2800 or something. Also finally finished my ranked placements, which were shockingly pleasant for the most part. Went 7-3 and placed 2563. Pretty happy about that :) Played Rein/Zarya mostly.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
It’s also crazy that you can lucio speed boost a flag carrier, making him a must have for literally every CTF comp.

CTF is a fun mode though and a nice way to take a break from the usual modes. I went 5-5 in placements just goofing around and placed 2800 or something. Also finally finished my ranked placements, which were shockingly pleasant for the most part. Went 7-3 and placed 2563. Pretty happy about that :) Played Rein/Zarya mostly.

Curious are you in your 30s or 40s? Would love to see age statistics with rank. 40+ seems to be when reflexes take the biggest hit, and though this game is far more forgiving/rewarding of other skills besides reflex, than say SCGO, it seems extremely rare to find masters and higher for anyone over 40. I'm sure there are some that exist.

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
I turn 35 this year. My aim/reflexes definitely feel slower than they used to, but to be honest my game sense is the biggest thing holding me back from climbing/improving. Game sense is everything with a game as fast paced as Overwatch, and I’m finally learning (after 13 seasons, yikes!) that a strong game sense can make up for a LOT, e.g. lack of stellar mechanical skills. If I focus on mechanics and stats I find I play pretty shitty. If I focus solely on not feeding and making sure I play with my team I find that my entire game experience improves drastically.

sike

Silver Knight of the Realm
I am 35 and usually hover around 3800. Always had a feel for FPS games online since quake 1 though...

Ctf placements must be linked off your existing comp rating (or hidden MME that I suppose is similar) - I went 5-5 and placed 3750.

Reaper balance is fine now - if the other team’s dps are competent he is shut down fast and even can still struggle vs hog in a duel.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Wasn't brig supposed to be weakened? They seem absolutely unkillable today. Saw one in a grav alone and everyone just unloading and only dropped to half.