Overwatch

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They nerfed her armor but increased her healing output the patch before so her and Lucio do really good amounts of aura healing now between each other.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
They nerfed her armor but increased her healing output the patch before so her and Lucio do really good amounts of aura healing now between each other.
It always seems to be the enemy Brigittes that have a healing aura that works. When I play her I just go from full to dead 1 on 1 with what feels like zero healing happening.

Meanwhile the enemy Brigitte can solo 3 of my team on her.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
It always seems to be the enemy Brigittes that have a healing aura that works. When I play her I just go from full to dead 1 on 1 with what feels like zero healing happening.

Meanwhile the enemy Brigitte can solo 3 of my team on her.
I have the same issue with Hanzo...

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm a pretty good brig. So far I have not had another brig shut me down like I shut her down

Some tips if you care what a silverfag says.

I always hang around tanks or mei. The only time I separate myself is if I chase down a low hp hero or if I'm needed in the backline to shutdown tracer or genji.

Use your shield a lot, but also use it to bait attacks. If a tracer sees you drop your shield for one second she's going to likely try and get jump on you. The thing with Brigs shield though is it comes back up in like 10ms. When they move in, stun them, swing twice and boop them. If it doesn't kill them they'll at least take off if they're smart and their team will think they're retarded.

You can peak around corners with your shield..everyone probably already knows that but the forced 3rd person let's you peak.

Boop often. Big team fight? Boop one of the tanks or healers away. Even if they're out for 2 seconds because of it, it can turn the tide. Also the boop does a lot of damage on low recast.

Use your ult before big fights. You'll get more use out of it when your team is gathered and ready. It's basically always good to use.

Brigs damage can be pretty saucy but don't forget that if.you can't comfortably dps in a fight your biggest tool is her cc. Just stunning or booping people can turn the tide in a fight.

Something I see other Brigs do wrong is play way too defensively. She's really weak when she starts getting focused. I find being ultra aggressive or at least cautiously aggressive is the best way to play her.

People ignore brig. Capitalize on that

Last edited:

Araxen

6-4 in Comp CTF. I Mei-tricked my entire placements. lol

2164 SR. It's about where I finished last season in Comp CTF.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Did my all my placement with a friend on CTF. In normal comp I'm 3050 and he is 2525. After 6W-4L in CTF I placed 3280 and he 2750.

I don't think I'm that better in CTF so I guess it use your SR as some base or something.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Did my all my placement with a friend on CTF. In normal comp I'm 3050 and he is 2525. After 6W-4L in CTF I placed 3280 and he 2750.

I don't think I'm that better in CTF so I guess it use your SR as some base or something.

Yes just uses your comp SR as the starting pt so your results are typical

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I placed 3225 in comp ctf on my main, then like 2600 on my alt account in comp ctf. I played reaper the whole time and butt raped. People just have to realize we dont need defense, push a 6v6, get a pick and push in and take the flag, if we lose one, fall back and defend until 6th respawns and push again. When your team staggers is when youre going to lose.

Might push for 3500 for the extra CP pts. I've been diamond in normal comp but now im ~2700

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
ScreenShot_19-02-01_04-52-55-000.jpg

The titans colors are kind of ugly but maybe it will be like putting a stripe on a car (makes it go faster)

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
So how does everyone feel about the new meta? Reaper buff combined with his recent buffs have made him an absolute monster tank buster who can simply can inside and rip apart a team before wraithing out. One big thing i noticed is callouts are much more important now... if a reaper is flanking or on top of a building ready to drop down... everyone needs to know..

As a mostly Rein Main it's an absolute pain fighting him now as forebear you could easily 1v1 him if he did not get the drop on you.. Now in 1v1 you die or simply with a reaper front lining you need to hold up that shield and let your DPS kill him. Overall i do think it's a bit like the McCree tank buster buff or Hanzo storm arrows... At first for tanks, esp Rein the seemed like amazing PITA.

One thing that has sorta shocked me is just how good Brig still is despite the constant nerfs.. I know Noodle had some real strong games with her when we played half a dozen comp matches together the other day.. My record with her is sort of nuts this season at 31-11 with 3 of those Ls coming as DCs.

For one thing she still simply shuts down dive comps... and can makes triple tank viable ( We got steam rolled on a team with basically no able dps player on Volksya first round yesterday. I said fuck it.. a 2 stack outside our group was going mercy-junk so i asked for Rein, zarya, Monkey, with me as brig and steam role them even faster or about the same..... They switched in mei for round 3 and 4 this held our snowballing back a bit but we still took both points and kept them from getting even a single tick on point 2. It was a pretty hilarious example of how comps and "game sense" can defeat a much better "raw skill" team.

But even against Reaper in this new meta she is still super god, he Stun and boop mitigate the worse of reaper and usually keep him from tearing closely knit apart teams. Of course she also is a massive boost in the front line fight as well as the back... Be very curious to see if she is nerfed again... (if anyone is interested i took vids of like 5 brig games yesterday.. all wins save when blizz servers shit the bed on the final one.)

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I mostly main DVA lately and reaper changes has certainly required adjustments in decision making. We are so use to weak reaper that I don't know that it's fair to say it was over done yet. He is still easily focused down but fat tanks have little chance against him 1 v1 . And ana grenade is one of the easiest ways to nullify him and what team doesn't have an ana?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I don't have much of a problem with Reaper the way he is right now.

He is stronger than before, but still has the same mobility issues, and is for the most part still as countereable as before.

You just don't want to 1v1 him now.

Araxen

I just feel the way they went about balancing Reaper is lazy. I think he can kill tanks a little too easily now, but in the end that is his trick to kill tanks. I also hate how they've made Brigitte a lot less of a counter to Tracer and Genji especially Tracer. Brigitte is nothing more than a mosquito to Tracer now.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
reaper is great, so many times i run into a 1v5 thinking oh this is gonna end bad and as long as you land every hit you end up out healing the damage and kill everyone lulz. great for ctf where always a hog or winston