Overwatch

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I got D'va in my legendary box, I don't care much since I don't play D'va.

I went and bought Mei, Roadhog and Winston. I still have 6000 gold or so.

Winston is simply awesome. :)

Heian

Molten Core Raider
On PTR they added replay for your game.

Overwatch

New, map, hero, workshop, replay, new hero in about a month... OW team are truly working hard.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
PTR Patch Notes:

HERO UPDATES
Baptiste

• Biotic Launcher
    • Increased heal ammo from 10 to 12.
  • Amplification Matrix
    • Ultimate duration increased from 8 seconds to 10 seconds.
Developer Comments: Given the dual nature of Baptiste’s weapon, he ends up having to reload often. We’re increasing the amount of ammo he has to work with so he can get more firing time while healing. Similarly, increasing the duration of Amplification Matrix will allow allies more time to get into position to make use of it.

D.Va

• Defense Matrix
    • Reduced length of Defense Matrix from 15 meters to 10 meters.
Developer Comments: Defense Matrix is a very powerful defensive ability and can often feel oppressive from far away. Reducing the range on it will require D.Va to position herself more carefully to take advantage of its effects.

McCree

• Peacekeeper
    • Primary fire recovery reduced from 0.5 seconds to 0.4 seconds.
Developer Comments: On average, McCree’s damage output wasn’t quite making up for the relatively low mobility or utility in his kit. Reducing his weapon’s recovery time improves the potential damage output without affecting the number of successful shots to kill an enemy.

Orisa

• Protective Barrier
    • Barrier can be deployed without interrupting reload.
Developer Comments: Orisa has one of the longest weapon reloads and interrupting it to deploy a new barrier felt too disruptive to her gameplay. This change allows her to reload as needed while still being able to protect herself and her team.

Symmetra

• Teleporter
    • Teleporter interact range increased from 1 meter to 1.5 meters.
Developer Comments: This is primarily a quality of life improvement as it was possible to create a teleporter that Symmetra was unable to interact with unless she moved toward it.

Torbjörn

• Rivet Gun
    • Secondary Fire damage per pellet reduced from 12.5 to 10.5 (105 dmg total per shot).
Developer Comments: The combined damage output of Torbjörn’s secondary fire with his Overload ability was too high given his recently increased survivability.

GAME MODE UPDATES
Assault

• Time awarded for capturing Point A on all Assault maps has been reduced from 4 minutes to 3 minutes.
  • Upon losing Point A, any defenders that are dead, or that die shortly thereafter, will have a maximum respawn of 3.5 seconds.
Developer Comments: Assault match lengths are averaging higher than we’re happy with, particularly in Competitive where there are multiple rounds. We’re also concerned with how often Offense fully captures Point A and Point B. Reducing the round time from 8 to 7 minutes should address both these concerns, as less overall time rewards better Defense.

Additionally, sometimes Defenders fight late with good intentions at Point A and end up staggered from their team when A falls, leaving their team with uneven footing to defend a rush to B. In these situations, temporarily lowering the respawn time to get those Defenders back with their team should be a better match experience and doesn’t punish players so harshly for wanting to defend Point A.

D'Va DM nerf. I feel DM should have a 1-2 second wind up and no cooldown on it.

They also buffed Point B defense on 2CP. FUCK YOU BLIZZARD

Last edited:

Cybsled

I wonder if that is a potential sign of Epic wanting to get more serious in the esports arena.

Cybsled

Hero Gauntlet mode is pretty fun. It’s basically gun game, but with heroes. Final hero is hammer only Torb.

Araxen

I've been watching Calvin's stream the last couple nights, and 5 DPS teams happen in GM now sometimes. SMH

It's mostly GOATS or Bunker though. Both are terrible meta's with Bunker being worse than GOATS.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Can you guys recommend a sombra player to watch so I can grab some tips? I'm only averaging 6k damage per 10 minutes and 25 hacks but I feel useless sometimes to a team.

Araxen

Can you guys recommend a sombra player to watch so I can grab some tips? I'm only averaging 6k damage per 10 minutes and 25 hacks but I feel useless sometimes to a team.

Sombra doesn't really shine till you get into GM...maybe Masters. There just isn't enough teamwork at the lower Elo's that will capitalize on EMP's.

The most well known Sombra main on ladder.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
If only contenders had the command center stuff (and if it worked for vods) I'd say watch Doha from Element Mystic. EMP every single fight without fail.

Alot of it is the team though. He's always bubbled and orbed.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>

Agree with Araxen, if you aren't at least Masters, Sombra is a throw pick more often than not no matter how good of a Sombra you are. An entire team needs to play around and with her, and you just aren't going to get that at lower ranks.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I hear ya guys it's just the only toon I'm actually good with. Tried my hand at competitive and I got gold damage and elims in 3 of them and still feel useless. Got blamed in one for not hacking bastion enough but he was pocketed with an Ana and I couldn't 1v2 both of them. No one rushed the hack.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah I hear ya guys it's just the only toon I'm actually good with. Tried my hand at competitive and I got gold damage and elims in 3 of them and still feel useless. Got blamed in one for not hacking bastion enough but he was pocketed with an Ana and I couldn't 1v2 both of them. No one rushed the hack.

I don't know what your rank is but one of the dynamics that occur with deep field DPS like tracer sombra is that you end up killing the least impactful people and the real dangers are ripping your team up while you kill widow,ana, zen for the 7th time. At higher ranks this would be very effective as the game becomes much more about key picks. At the rank most people are at however, it's a lot more important to find that high impact player and take them on. Your stats may suck more but you'll find yourself winning by taking on the biggest threat instead of the smallest. This problem is so common but rarely understood, "I'm kicking ass and my team still loses" simply means you were killing the wrong person. It's natural for us when we get an easy pick to then continue to go after that easy kill, when what you should be doing is fighting the best player on their team not the worst.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I float between bronze and silver. My main priority targets are the tanks for hacks. Really concentrate on shield tanks then after that reaper and hacking pharah out of the sky. Problem is at low levels torbjorn, widow, and bastion just rip the team apart on I end up concentrating on them. I'm sure I'm putting myself in a lose lose situation.

Araxen

You really need to learn another hero or two. You'll always be floating between Bronze/Silver as Sombra. Play some Mystery Heroes. It'll force you on to some other heroes you wouldn't have likely played before. I was pretty close to dropping down to bronze a few seasons back because I was always filling in and playing Tanks(mostly Orisa) or Mercy. I found that I'm kind of ok at Zenyatta via Mystery Heroes and got back into gold maining him for a season. I did do some practicing against some bots in a Aim Practice custom game that I have saved to help me get a little more accurate with his orbs. It helped a lot to do that practicing with him.

I've moved on to Mei now, and I feel if I played Comp enough I could get into high gold with her. I've done a ton of practice trying to get better with her especially placing walls quickly. Some heroes you are just going to have to do some outside practice via custom games. I think there are workshop modes now for some heroes to help you practice.

Last edited:

Araxen

Kotaku so take it with a grain of salt...
NEW Overwatch Game just got leaked by Blizzard!

Meh... the PVE shit is so boring in OW1, and all it is going to do is delay OW2 even more because Blizzard is so slow at releasing shit.

My bet is that what Overwatch 2 is actually going to be is Overwatch patch 2.0. I find it hard to believe they are sinking resources into Overwatch 1 like the replay and workshop systems when they are also working on a direct sequel. There really isn't a direct sequel just a very major patch to the original Overwatch.

Last edited: