Overwatch

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The league is back on. Still mostly 🐐

+ buggy wierdness

I don't know how you guys still watch. It's been mostly GOATS since Stage 1, and I got bored of it two weeks into Stage 1.

Blizzard is going to do the same thing as they did last season. They'll finally make the hard nerfs to sustain, and totally change the meta just before the last stage of the season.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
What they should do is a looter/shooter in the Starcraft universe. Like a Destiny/Division type game. Sucks yet another non-RTS SC property bites the dust.

I use to want a starcraft fps based on planetside 1 back in the day, but yeah a destiny/division type game now would be great.
They seem scared to branch the franchises out to completely different game play styles.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
What they should do is a looter/shooter in the Starcraft universe. Like a Destiny/Division type game. Sucks yet another non-RTS SC property bites the dust.

I feel like thats what is going to happen-ish to the "OW2." Dissolve SC FPS team, move them to an already "popular title" and drive more content that lines their overlords pockets with more microtrans box money by emphasizing on an already extremely popular element; ow pve. I'm only building this assumption because I think a lot of the Overwatch animation team are getting the cut(I've seen one tweet, and heard of a second; don't know if more), and they're probably going to drive a PvE/Story experience in the form of using the OW theme and allow its coexistence, and expanding it forward.

I'm really hoping if they do this, they'll double the champion pool or something; because they desperately need to address goats and diversity. If they open the champion pool size they can look at moving toward better "pick/ban phase" or 1 hero 1 game rather than 2 reins on the board. I haven't really been paying attention, but it feels like OW/L is the slowest train wreck when I catch news in short spurts.

edit: tweet 1

Last edited:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Yea last night I watched the numbers steadily decline as tanks repeatedly slammed into each other.

Then the last match of the night was awesome. Not a barnyard animal in sight

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Houston vs New York...

Lets see you are kicking the #3 team's ass all game with dps. Cap 3 points on gibby.

I have an idea, lets run goats for the rest of the game and get destroyed!

Molten Core Raider
Ive had very little interest in tuning back in since the break ended. I watched a bunch of Overwatch streamers during the break and found myself sticking on their streams after OWL started rather than switching. Just so tired of the goats.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah same here. My interest in the league is dying at this point. I mean I can appreciate the skill and coordination required to play GOATS at that level, but it’s boring all the time. Mind you I found the dive all the time boring too in season 1.

They need to do something to shake up the nets between each stage.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Guy on the Titan's discord was talking about this Clockwork Vendetta team. They run bunker just about everywhere with Cow, Hog, Mei, Torb + 2 support. Very high close range damage + snare.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Replays going live tomorrow. Watching some streamers going through replays will be funny. Other than that the video is a bunch of nothing.

Last edited:

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Boston looks fucking terrible these days. Yikes.

It's amazing that this season seems to have even less parity than last. In season one, playing NYXL felt like a pretty auto loss. But a lot of those matches were pretty competitive, they just always pulled it out in the end. Vancouver this year is just absolutely stomping a hole in everyone they play outside of like one team. It's insane.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I had a little giggle every time the casters referred to sanfran as "the best team".

I was so entertained by that clockwork match above I've gone back into the trials match vods trying to find their old matches.