Overwatch

Molten Core Raider
I caught a replay of the finals last night, color me impressed. It did my heart so good to see Pharah flying around and not a Brig in sight.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Final was a great match, I find it exciting but they still have the problem of drawing in people less familiar with the game. My wife watched it with me and she is just tangentially familiar with overwatch and it can be very hard to follow the nuance. They switch views so often it can be hard to follow the action for a casual viewer.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I gave a little fist pump when shanghai won. Glad they got a stage victory after last years performance.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
We all knew it was coming, but didn't know how it would be handle. So here's how Overwatch League will handle the home and away games for season 3.

Overwatch Home and Away games for season 3 explained.

Basically, it's going to be homestands like we saw this year at Dallas and Atlanta. Each city will get at least 2 of these 2-days homestand.

I'm curious to see how that will play out, and what kind of stress it will put on players who are not used to this much travel and also on teams as it will significantly increase their expanses.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
It makes me wonder how prosperous the league is because I figured they were probably losing a bit of cash on it. I mean they are taking it to the next level with homestands now. Does activision have to release the profitability in their earning report? Will cities build eports arenas now to accommodate OWL?

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hammond is now the ball in Lucioball. He makes his squeaking noises while he is rolling around.

Araxen

It's coming to Comp, but not QP. I'm not to happy about the later. OWL should not have this kind of major change during the season especially late in the season. I do wonder how they are going to handle SR for the next Comp season. You just can't carry over the same SR for all three roles. Are they going to do a hard SR reset?

Last edited:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I agree that OWL shouldn't have big changes like this in mid-season, but with viewership dropping like it did, I don't think they had a choice.

I think for OWL, long term it will be a good thing. Teams will know exactly how to build their roster, not running into situation like NYXl benching 2 players like Sabaeyobe and Pine for most of the season.

What it won't do is prevent stagnant meta, I'm sure that a new 2-2-2 meta will develop that will played by all teams, all the time like it has been the case for the past 2 years of OWL. Whether it was Dive for 3 stage in season 1 or GOATS for 3 stage in season 2, in both case people got bored of watching the same meta being played 90% of the time.

As for ranked, as a gold player, GOATS was never an issue, it was barely played, and when it was, the team simply lacked the coordination to make it work so it wasn't really dominant.

I think the benefit will be that we will always get the basis for a good comp with 2-2-2 with people actually wanting to play the roles, rather than filling as something they either don't really want to, or simply not be good at.

You'll still have bad comps with a Hog and D'va as tanks for example, but it's probably better than having 5 dps and 1 healer.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Lots of changes, I have wanted separate SR for each role for a long time now. #deletebrig finally happened, complete rework to a healer. People will still bitch as they always do but I'm excited for this update more than any update since I started playing the game.

Overwatch

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Poor Brigitte, she got hit hard, survivability has been gutted hard but her healing made better, I guess she needed to fit into the support role.

I love the Moira being able to Fade when stunned change.

Molten Core Raider
I do wonder how they are going to handle SR for the next Comp season. You just can't carry over the same SR for all three roles.

I wouldnt be surprised if that's more or less how it works for this first season with role queue. Do placements in each role and results will probably be pretty close and then either climb or tank pretty quick from there to hit more or less where you belong in that role. Then the next season it'll be more precise as you will have that role specific baseline before you do placements again. People would burn Blizzard to the ground if they reset SR :p

Last edited:

Araxen

It appears there won't be a MMR reset.

Araxen

Played a couple games on PTR so far and I like the change a lot. It just sucks when you get a suck ass player in one of the other roles and you can't flex in to try and pick up the slack. You are powerless to do anything now, but the matches are more fun that is for sure. No more queuing into five dps anxiety or unbalanced teams. I'll more than likely be playing comp more when it goes live.