Overwatch

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Changed qp to no longer be 2/2/2/ Sadface
Why would they do this?

"In Competitive Play, players choose their role before finding a game. The matchmaking system will create a team that is comprised of two tanks, two supports, and two damage heroes."

F'ing f.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Tank placements done,placed diamond. Just started support but I can already see some plat people in match so I can tell my MMR on support is obviously lower than tank.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I went 9-0 in Mystery Heroes today. Easy lootbox farming for this week. lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
While I had a great time with 2-2-2 on the PTR. Last night was a mixed experience on live. I had a lot of bad games.

I realize later on because one person actually mentioned he is a DPS main but was doing his support and tank placement matches. So I think the next few days might be a bit bad as people will do placements on roles they are not used to play.

Still for the most part having 2-2-2 comp guaranteed made for more interesting matches overall.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Definitely not a frontline paladin anymore which is sadface, but I've been able to put up some good numbers with her hiding in the back like a pussy support.

The whip is really nice now too, but I do miss the old Brig

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Seem like completely trash changes to her that completely dumpster her usefulness.

If she can’t survive in melee to trigger her heal, why bother bringing her?

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
While I had a great time with 2-2-2 on the PTR. Last night was a mixed experience on live. I had a lot of bad games.

I realize later on because one person actually mentioned he is a DPS main but was doing his support and tank placement matches. So I think the next few days might be a bit bad as people will do placements on roles they are not used to play.

Still for the most part having 2-2-2 comp guaranteed made for more interesting matches overall.

Dont judge it early it's going to take awhile for people to get their proper MMR in the three roles, some will have hundreds of SR to fall/gain that is going to make matches a little painful for awhile.

Araxen

Dont judge it early it's going to take awhile for people to get their proper MMR in the three roles, some will have hundreds of SR to fall/gain that is going to make matches a little painful for awhile.

Yeah, they said they were watching accounts for a year, but that was under the old system of no forced roles. It gives the system an idea of where you should be, but not the whole story.

They added endorsements to Mystery Heroes so maybe now I can finally hit endorsement level 5. I've been 4 for months now.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
The only thing that sucks is when your dps pick hanzo and widow and cant hit a fucking thing. Whenever I see that I'm just like fffuuuccckkkkkkk! Been playing a lot of Baptiste and been playing pretty well in comp. Actually went from bronze to silver lol.

Araxen

4-1 in my Support placements, 2323. Mostly Zen/Moria.

I might do tank tomorrow and save Mei..I mean DPS for last.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I finished my placements on all 3 Roles, they are all within 50 points on each other.

Last night was awesome, I was 4-3 but all games were great.

A game on Junkertown on defense, near the point A. It was me as Moira and Sigma, stalling in a 2 vs 5 for like 30 secs while our team came back, and it then ended being a 2 minutes fight over the point before we finally lost it. It was one of the most epic fight I've been part off.

On Numbani defense on Point A, I was on Mei, and managed a spectacular Mei stall. They had the point at about 70%, half my team was close, the other just had respawned. I jump on the point, and freeze, then wall and use Blizzard catching 4 or 5 of them. Just as I am about to die, Ana nanoed me to save my life, and suddenly it's a 4 vs 5 fight with the other team frozen, we manage to kill 4 of them while they are frozen to regain control of the point, and eventually fully hold them. Then on offense they almost also fully held us, we won the point in overtime. Such a great game, even though both teams almost fully held point A.

This is what I want, matches that are exciting and fun...win or lose. Last night had plenty of those. Most fun I had in a long time in Overwatch.

• 1Like

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really, really enjoyed the new role queue 2-2-2 setup. It seems to overall vastly improve the avg quality of teams/matches. Did 4-1 on one account for support placements, mostly Moiria and Brig once.

Brig is still Viable, especially at lower SR. overall she is a weaker hero now than before tho.

Key seems to be you want your other healer to really focus on keeping her up and in the fray. Brig + Moira works v well with many setups BC Moira can keep her up under fairly heavy fire and also the AoE heals obviously help. Combining the two gives both a consistent group heal and very high burst heal. while also getting good offense from your supports who are both strong at taking down squishy and especially opposing healers. At high levels, it's gonna be less effective, but at anything below 3k or so and most teams will have issues.

New tank guy is fantastic... Is he OP? I mainly play tank and really need to get more time on him... In one match in oasis our DPS players were awful but we won in large part because Sigma did 18k dmg! and we just out sustained them

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I feel retarded that it took me three games to realize Sigma's orbs have a max range.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I say this every few months.....widow should be flat out removed from the game.

Of al the Hero's Widow the singular one who is just not fun to play with, or against.

I think Blizz just keeps her to tick off an archetype box. Re-work her into something interesting. the game does not actually need a one-shot kill sniper. Ashe is actually closer to what she should have been in the first place.

I disagree that people find it attractive in e-sports even. Those fancy snipe gifs may draw a bit of attention but the gameplay it encourages when she is good will only turn off people from owl. I have not bothered watching any owl since the dual sniper meta and I'm surely not the only person who was turned off by that kind of gameplay.

• 1Solidarity

Araxen

There shouldn't be a hero that can one shot kill no matter the distance, and then have a get of jail card(her grapple) on top of it. She is a pretty absurd character to have in a team based game. I agree Widow is what Ashe should have been.

Before the grapple cooldown buff, Winston could fuck her shit up pretty easily, but not anymore.