Overwatch

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I think widow would be OK with a cool down on her sniper shot. Maybe 4 seconds for reuse but you wont have the power up time for max power shot

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I don't mind hanzo or ashe in the slightest.

There is something about getting 1 hit killed by widow with no warning while running back to a team fight that completely ruins my enjoyment of the game.

And then there are the widows you get on your team that do not actively work towards the objectives at all...they just play point and click whack a mole all match. I've seen plenty of ashe and hanzo players push the payload or cap points.

It is a team game focused on objectives. The lone wolf sniper trope needs to fuck off back to battlefield or some other larger deathmatch type game.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was thinking they should change Widow's sniper shot to a super dot (similar to Ana's damage delivery) so that if you get plinked you have a very short window of opportunity to survive (via health pack or supports that are ON THE BALL). That way she could still catch people unawares and they'd potentially fall over, and/or allow a bit more team interaction if your homies got your back.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Back when I played 6ish months ago, if there was ever a Widow on the other team who was average or better I'd just go Winston and make her switch. Literally ignore all objectives and just make sure Widow didn't get to play. Then I'd type "If you want to AWP go play Counter Strike".

They did not care for that. It was especially great when we did this to Gale Adelade's Widow smurf. My friend took the Winstoning and I just went Moira to fight the rest of the team. They did not win.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
3-2 in Tank placements, 2303 SR. I thought I would place in Silver for Tank, so I'm surprised at that result. Now if I don't get 2300+ with Mei I'm going to be very sad because my highest winrate percentage is with her out of of all the roles.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
The game would just be better without widow. She's terrible to play against. And if you have one on your team, they either hard carry or you lose. No shield pressure, no point pressure. Either bodies are piling up or they're basically having the same impact as a leaver.

sike

Silver Knight of the Realm
Haven't played for a few seasons - was 3800 before as a dps/healer.

Must have decayed in rank in the background - my healer/dps placements went 3 losses 2 wins, both ended up at 3020 rating.

I am a bad tank and this was reflected with the same 3 losses 2 wins ending up at 2744, which is interesting. Who knows how their MMR works!

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The most annoying aspect right now in gold at least, is the double barrier meta, tons of games with Sigma+Orissa or Sigma+Reinhardt which means you spend the majority of your time as a DPS shooting at barriers, not the most fun gameplay.

It's also leading to sustainability that might be worse than GOATS in some cases, as whenever you're about to kill something a barrier pop ups and whatever you were trying to kill gets heal safely behind a barrier.

The thing is that the matches are much better balanced overall making the whole thing more fun, but I'm not sure how long I will stomach this double barrier thing.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Is Mei a barrier destroying hero? :)
gotta be on point with those walls :D

I haven't played OW in a while but Mei & Reaper are my 2 most played.
Always loved walling Rein away from his team, or creating safe passage with strategically placed walls, love that play style.
But sometimes you gotta bring out the big guns.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
tumblr_o8avz9XBVB1vuczzao1_1280.jpg

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>

I think you made a typo and accidentally hit the "i" and "k" keys while typing Yes. :)

Ravishing Ravishing , Mei and Reaper are my two most played DPS by far, probably easily doubling the next ones.

I enjoy Mei's play style the most, you're right about walling Rein from his team, one of the most fun thing to do or chain freezing a Hog, freeze then shoot him in the face and repeat a few times and he dies. You know the guy is fuming on the other side, thinking of his next post on the official forum about how much Mei is cancer and needs to be removed from the game.

The funny thing with Mei, is that it's the character that I've received the most praise from the other team about carrying my team or just being good. I must say that their praise usually is something like "Fuck you Mei, you thicc bitch, my team was too dumb to deal with you and you fucking carried." :)

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yea I love how cancer she is lol.
Checked back at my stats, looks like my last Season was 9.
They going on Season 18 now? lol.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The best thing you can do for yourself right now is learn Symmetra. She melts shields so fast now and after you burn through the shield you literally melt the tank. She actually gains ammo while burning through a shield which is insane.