Overwatch

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I wonder what Atlanta would look like if Dafran were still playing. Would they be even better? I’m not sure if his hero pool includes the current crop of meta dps.

His aim is so insane, that he definitely would be a factor.

Araxen

I hate that the playoffs are double elmin. This isn't a fighting game tournament.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well after a few game, my SR on all 3 roles seems to be stabilizing.

Tank is 2450, and still going up, I gained about 200SR since placement.

Support is 2100, and seems to be stable, goes up and down can't seem to get any sort of win streaks.

DPS is 1950, gained about 100SR since placement, but games are all over the place. I easily carry some games, and some others I struggle to do anything.

This is probably the first time, I actually dislike a meta, probably because it's the first time I really experience it. GOATS for example was never much of a thing in Gold, neither was dive. This double barrier meta is in Gold though, and it's not fun seeing it all the time. Especially when playing DPS, all you seem to do is shoot at barriers.

Still the quality of games is so much higher than before 2-2-2, I'm enjoying the game as much as I ever did, even with the annoying meta. At this pace, I'll finish the season with more games than last 3-5 seasons combined. :)

Araxen

Zedd to perform at OWL Finals. He'll be miles better than last years act.

Last edited:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
DM-Screenshot-PC-9801-InGameInventory.png

Should be some good games tonight!

Araxen

3-2 in Support placements, 2342 SR. I don't get to play Zen anymore which makes me sad. All the fucking shields even in gold is bullshit. Baptise is a god in gold though. Invul field can turns fights around by saving lives.

LAG got rolled. The sooner OWL gets a Chicago team the better. It's a shame the Fissure bs happened last season. I honestly think they could have won the season last year with him. They were rolling on all cylinders till that happened.

Last edited:

Araxen

I honestly wish Surefour would retire. He would make more money streaming. I think he likes the pro life too much though.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Hope this one will be good.

First fight lasted forever, they are very evenly matched.

Hmmmm.... maybe not

Last edited:

Araxen

Surefour is really dogging on the game tonight on his stream. I bet he retires and goes full-time streamer.

Patch is today and there is a Lego Bastion skin for winning 9 matches.

fty82baz37n31.jpg

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Bunch of balance changes on PTR:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Blizzard really doesn't like Soldier, and why the fuck are they buffing Tracer. Stupid ass Blizzard balancing.

Symmetra - I'm not sure why they feel the need to nerf Symmetra again. It's like they don't want her to be viable. The Ult nerf is ok, but I don't agree with the other nerfs. If they are going to nerf her turrents then she should be brought up to 250 hp.

Roadhog - I like the 6 shots buff. It was sorely needed for him. He still needs a passive that reduces the amount of ult charge he feeds the other time. When I play Mei and see a Roadhog on the other team, it's like Christmas for me because I know I can farm him for Ult charge. It's insane how quickly you can get Blizzard when Hog is around.

Orisa - I don't care for another nerf to her shield cooldown. It's a two second nerf overall now(this is the second nerf to it) and if you don't have a Sigma as your other tank you are going to be in a world of hurt. Halt/Hook won't be viable either because she won't be able to keep her shield up consistently anymore.

Winston - I think the shield health buff is stupid. All shield HP should be going down, and not up. More "creep" in this game that isn't needed.

Last edited:

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I always feel like there should be two different balances, one for top tier players and one for us dipshits that can't make it past gold. When ever they buff a character it just wrecks low level play. It's already a nightmare dealing with a halfway decent tracer in shit league.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
That skill disparity related to balancing is probably #1 obstacle for Overwatch. A character can be completely over powering at silver and utterly useless at GM.

I would love for 76 to get reload while running nothing major just that little change and we can’t get that .

While I like to see Winston getting some attention I hate that it’s in the form of his shield. Fricking shields

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm curious to see what the impact will be of all these changes. I'm not a good enough theory crafter to understand all the ways these changes will interact with each others.

I'm hoping we more variety than the Orissa/Sigma, double barrier isn't fun, and as I said before it's the first time that the meta is played a lot in gold. Never really felt the GOATS meta in gold...but this double barrier is being played a lot.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I dont see these buffs/nerfs as a bad thing, a lot of it is pretty healthy, neither gutting a champion or putting them too far ahead.

Its been pretty "stale" as of late, I can't speak for everyone else but the casual ranked games I do play with some friends.. The power of Sigma/Orisa, a single decent Symm, or a remotely decent/smart Doom changes the games tides so hard, it ridiculous. Game is still in a pretty healthy state as far as I can tell, but just small parts of champions making them not as useful, or making them too useful.

The tracer buff doesn't even seem that ridiculous lol. It's just a range fall off adjustment, you can still duff the living shit out of her, plus with the monkey adjustments.. He becomes a little more relevant. The monkey barrier is definitely needed. Orisa can rotate shields so god damn fast. Sigma can readjust his shields with no punishment. Moira is pretty face roll winning in duels.

On a side note of Symm, I queue with one whenever she decides to play dps.. And she can literally get a photon within the first fight, if not the second fight. I'm not entirely sure how, but they always answer me sentries. That photon barrier is generally a guaranteed win fight when ults aren't avaliable and you have someone shot calling sides.

I don't think 76 is bad either, his sustain dps is still pretty good and above most. I'm sure they could do a few adjustments, but it'd easier to tackle the big problems first; which is the double barrier with sig/or which really hurts 76 because his dps is pretty much spent dumping shields when his burst dps isn't as high, and shields just get reset cd. He can reset/reposition extremely well, but there are only a handful of maps that cator this.. And he'd still be dumping into shields pointlessly.

Araxen

So if the Titans lose their match there is no reset. They just lose while the Shock have already lost once, and shouldn't be in the finals. How the fuck is that fair? That is such a scam.