Overwatch

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
There's a lot of complaining about the long queue times for the DPS role.

It occurred to me last night that the problem might be compounded by players like me that usually flex to tank and support where I have most of my playtime that are now queueing a lot on DPS even with the long queues.

I still have most of my time in tank and support, but now I often queue just for DPS, and proportionally I have more time on DPS than ever before.

So the long queue times in DPS role might just not be due to more DPS players, but to flex players queueing for DPS and not flexing as often.

Mind you in gold, DPS queue is about 4-5 mins, compared to instant to 2mins max for the other 2 roles so it's not as bad as GM where it's reported to be upward to 20 mins plus.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
There's a lot of complaining about the long queue times for the DPS role.

It occurred to me last night that the problem might be compounded by players like me that usually flex to tank and support where I have most of my playtime that are now queueing a lot on DPS even with the long queues.

I still have most of my time in tank and support, but now I often queue just for DPS, and proportionally I have more time on DPS than ever before.

So the long queue times in DPS role might just not be due to more DPS players, but to flex players queueing for DPS and not flexing as often.

Mind you in gold, DPS queue is about 4-5 mins, compared to instant to 2mins max for the other 2 roles so it's not as bad as GM where it's reported to be upward to 20 mins plus.

This is the kind of thing that could have been easily forseen.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They knew exactly what was going to happen. Jeff even said on the Twitch stream with Seagull that the DPS queue would have longer wait times. It's the same way in WoW except there isn't any MMR separating different tiers which doesn't make it a YMMV thing depending on the tier you are in. If you really want to get into a match right away all you have to do is pick Tank or Support. Support has two heroes(Zen and Baptiste) that has DPS as part of their support role).

Last edited:

Araxen

3-1-1 for DPS placements, mostly Mei, 2353 SR. My last placement match was on Horizon, and the other team just couldn't deal with me splitting their team with walls. It was the easiest Horizon match I've ever had. I absolutely detest that map along with Paris. My last two matches were the only ones where I thought I played well.

Last edited:

Cybsled

lol competitive disabled. OWL/Master players were getting matched with low ranks. I had some streamer named Redshell in my game.

Araxen

lol competitive disabled. OWL/Master players were getting matched with low ranks. I had some streamer named Redshell in my game.

Redshell is a Lucio main. Apparently GM players were getting placed in gold and bronze. lol

Cybsled

Ya it was funny. I checked his VOD afterwards to watch that game and his reaction and chat tearing him apart (dying to bronze OMEGALUL) was pretty funny

Araxen

The tears of role queue QP are satisfying as fuck. There is even QP Classic in Arcade, and the idiots are still crying. lol

Araxen

RIP Mei being in the meta. I'ts Doomfist 24/7 now. It shows how much in the dumpster Sombra is because she can effectively make DF useless with hack. They really have a lot of balancing to do with 2-2-2 lock. It's really ridiculious there are only 3-4 changes on PTR right now, and they gut Symmetra's and Zarya's damage. Making them less effective at literally boring through shields.

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
Having a rank for each role is pretty interesting. I’m a mid tier plat healer but a low gold tank, at least in this meta. Playing games on both roles and bouncing back and forth between play and gold games is eye opening. The difference in skill level and overall game awareness is *staggering* at those ranks. Not sure what plat —> diamond is like but holy shit what a clusterfuck gold games are compared to plat. The plat games are much, much more enjoyable.

Araxen

Having a rank for each role is pretty interesting. I’m a mid tier plat healer but a low gold tank, at least in this meta. Playing games on both roles and bouncing back and forth between play and gold games is eye opening. The difference in skill level and overall game awareness is *staggering* at those ranks. Not sure what plat —> diamond is like but holy shit what a clusterfuck gold games are compared to plat. The plat games are much, much more enjoyable.

I did my tank placements(gold) last night and had one guy go Junkrat and then Symmetra. The other team had Pharmercy and Ashe(IIRC). One of my team's dps did go Soldier, but him alone isn't going to get it done.

I really need to have a higher level tank player look at my vod and critique it. Maybe there is more I can be doing.

Last edited:

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
I need the same thing. I ranked up to plat as a rein/Zaria during GOATS meta. I found tanking to be more fun and easier during those times. But now I find myself standing around with my dick in my hand and my team dead around me when I tank and I can’t totally figure out why. It’s obvious what my team lacks but it’s hard for me to see what I’m doing wrong and I’m sure there’s a whole slew of things I need to improve upon.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
This shock VS reign is pretty fucking good tonight. Going into map 7 and I have no idea who's going to pull it out.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
insane game, the two teams were so evenly matched.

What an ending. Playoffs been amazing so far.

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wonder what Atlanta would look like if Dafran were still playing. Would they be even better? I’m not sure if his hero pool includes the current crop of meta dps.