Overwatch

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They buffed Baptiste today. His DPS no less too. Blizzard balancing at it's finest.

Baptiste

Biotic Launcher

• Recovery decreased from 0.45 to 0.36 seconds
  • Random spread removed
  • Damage falloff range now begins at 25 meters, up from 20

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
After starting this 2-2-2 season with SR around 2300 for tank, 2100 for support and 1800 for DPS. I finished with 2343 for tank, 2181 for support and 2222 for DPS.

So they mostly got the placement right for tank and support who went up a little, but DPS was way lower than what I finished with...a gain of 400SR.

This season has renewed my interest in Overwatch some, while not as high at my peak, I played more than I had in last 4-5 seasons easy, and more importantly I had a lot more fun.

In general, toxicity is almost completely gone, and more often than not is limited to a parting comment at the end of matches rather than during the game like a "DPS sucks" and then they leave.

I would say that the quality of matches has been in general better, there are still matches where one team totally steamroll the other team but it happens less often than before.

The biggest upside is that I played a lot more DPS than I usually do without ending in a match with 3DPS.

11 hours on Roadhog with 59% win rate.
10 hours on Mei with a 69% win rate, I guess she explains why I ranked up so much.
6 Hours on Moira with a 66% win rate.

Mei is just aMeizing. She was my best character. :)

I'm looking forward to the next season with the new limited map pool.

There's still a lot of issue with Overwatch and Blizzard idea of balance, but it's in a fairly good place I think. Mostly I think it need at least 2 more tanks and 2 more support. The options are just too limited, especially for tanks since the synergy between them is very limited. Support can almost play any sort of duo and it works.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
ya baptiste is fun if you get a nice burst headshot, or line up an ult with your ult (hog or mcree ult etc i even did a bob once + bap field rofl). i've been playing a lot of zen tho i've got 70% win rate on him and theres been a few games lately people say please dont play zen hes not enough healing (zen+mercy, zen+moira, zen+ana) and then I end up with gold healing and gold elims. One time they told me to go lucio which I feel is less healing and less dps since they seem to want me to speed ferry our tanks around ("its the meta"). lucio is fun hes less work but i dont feel really contributes much to me climbing ranks.

I dabble with moira and baptiste but for me, although im a healer, I get tons of picks as zen and I can heal genji/pharahs/mcrees (softies) and counter ults with my ult. sometimes just having the orb on our dive dps is a great addition.

toxicity is def still there, its almost comical people are just fucking babies. i did a game yesterday morning, we went 4 rounds, got to the 5th and the tank complains how our widow only plays widow and mcree, and the widow was holding her own, so soon as the 5th round starts the widow leaves game. i was like congrats dude should have kept your mouth shut.

yesterday afternoon we get an orisa who doesnt position her shields well on that windmill+wishing well capture map and soon as someone says you suck orisa move your shields he goes on a verbal rampage, leaves voice then starts suiciding off the side.

its like if you get that triggered and cant handle criticism stay off the game. im so used to it by now its part of the game but im jsut amazed people have such thin skin.

gotten 2880 with healer, 2750 with dps and 2780ish with tank although i never play tank.

khorum

Murder Apologist
ya baptiste is fun if you get a nice burst headshot, or line up an ult with your ult (hog or mcree ult etc i even did a bob once + bap field rofl). i've been playing a lot of zen tho i've got 70% win rate on him and theres been a few games lately people say please dont play zen hes not enough healing (zen+mercy, zen+moira, zen+ana) and then I end up with gold healing and gold elims. One time they told me to go lucio which I feel is less healing and less dps since they seem to want me to speed ferry our tanks around ("its the meta"). lucio is fun hes less work but i dont feel really contributes much to me climbing ranks.

I dabble with moira and baptiste but for me, although im a healer, I get tons of picks as zen and I can heal genji/pharahs/mcrees (softies) and counter ults with my ult. sometimes just having the orb on our dive dps is a great addition.

toxicity is def still there, its almost comical people are just fucking babies. i did a game yesterday morning, we went 4 rounds, got to the 5th and the tank complains how our widow only plays widow and mcree, and the widow was holding her own, so soon as the 5th round starts the widow leaves game. i was like congrats dude should have kept your mouth shut.

yesterday afternoon we get an orisa who doesnt position her shields well on that windmill+wishing well capture map and soon as someone says you suck orisa move your shields he goes on a verbal rampage, leaves voice then starts suiciding off the side.

its like if you get that triggered and cant handle criticism stay off the game. im so used to it by now its part of the game but im jsut amazed people have such thin skin.

gotten 2880 with healer, 2750 with dps and 2780ish with tank although i never play tank.
Hmm does baptiste ult work on torb/sym turrets?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Played a game last night, first game since Season 9, now Season 19 is today? Does ranked start right away with new seasons now?
I did ranked, DPS, don't know what rank I was with because it was my placements. I could tell I was with a lower ranked team though, easy win and everyone was terrible.

I might play more in S19. The OW2 announcement and you guys talking about role selection made me want to try playing again.

I think i missed the last 4 or 5 hero releases, I remember playing some games when Doomfist was released. Lol.

Araxen

A couple seasons ago they changed it so when the current season ends the next one starts pretty much right away.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
download_1.png

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Don't know the PvE could be nice. I remember having a lot of fun back in the days playing Global Agenda mostly for the pve aspect. It had pvp and it was kinda alright but doing FPS dungeons was fun. Guess it's like Destiny and shit although haven't played any of this stuff since, but could definitely be interesting and Overwatch already has the frame to do PvE(class based shooter with ultimates and what not).

Personally I'm more interested in seeing what they do with the PvE aspect than the rest. But I also kinda don't care cause I'm not sure I'll want to play it anyway, I could just be playing Destiny or Warframes and I'm not.

Araxen

Pretty huge PTR balance patch just dropped. A lot of changes to the shield tanks. No Mei changes!!

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It looks interesting reduce barrier, improve the survivability of the barrier heroes somehow via shield or abilities. It will change the pace of the game. Less time shooting barrier more time shooting tanks themselves.

Molten Core Raider
The armor buff is insane. I was watching one of the Noobhunter videos and XQC and some folks were messing around testing damage vs armor. Two armor pack heals from Brig onto a full health McCree and the armor regen was enough to completely negate a full clip from Tracer into the body. I think it ended up being like 3 full clips to kill that McCree from body shots. Headshots only from now on I guess...

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Bastion’s armor plus 3 or more healers is quite hilarious in quickplay classic. He’s basically a tank with Mercy, Brig, and Baptiste keeping him up.

Araxen

Yeah, Brig is once again Brokegetta. I think the meta is going to shift to:

Tank: Winston and D'Va/Hammond
DPS: Hanzo and Widow/Ashe
Support: Lucio and Brig(Maybe Mercy)

Brig despite being OP with this patch, may get shuffled out due to her be very immobile.

Baptiste may put a kink into this highly mobile meta comp due to invul field plus all the armor changes.

Can you imagine if the meta changes to Bastion, Torb, Rein, Zarya, Baptiste, and Brig? No fucking thanks.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Ah Overwatch toxicity, how I missed you. :)

So in a game last night that we won on King's Row, one of the tank(Sigma) starts bragging on how he carried the game cause he has gold damage, and how terrible the DPS were.

I was playing Mei as usual when I DPS, and got a card at the end for 71% kill participation with like 45 kills. The rest of the team got the other 3 cards, he didn't get any.

I must say, 10 mins wait time for DPS has allowed me to watch a great number of stupid YouTube videos, but playing Mei is worth it.

This season hasn't been very kind to my tanks and supports, both are down since the start, tanks not too bad but support is horrible, probably lost close to 150SR going to fall into silver if I lose 2 more I think. I'm rocking DPS(Mei) though at a 70%+ win rate.

I just so love freezing someone and then shooting them in the face and going "Sorry, Sorry, Sorry". It's the best feeling in Overwatch. :)