Overwatch

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
People will blame the DPS for everything nowadays. Usually, the reality on why the team is losing is because they won't group up and just trickle in. People don't realise just being down one person means you are going to lose 70% of the team fights.

Inque

FunEmployed
We're having a charity tournament at 2PM EST - 7PM EST this afternoon:

I'll be in the group playing for Child's Play.

Araxen

Whelp, tomorrow is the big day. It's more than likely one of the last big balance changes they make till Overwatch 2. We may get one more big balance patch for dps/support.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well only played 3 games as a tank, so small sample but probably the worse time I've ever had in Overwatch bar none. This no barrier shit is not fun at all as a tank, not just for main tank but off tank too as you never have any protection. It's probably super fun as a DPS though.

Araxen

Big patch yesterday, and all the bigger Overwatch streamers are gone on Twitch. FeelsBadMan

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Hsrdstuck silver tank around 1850 and this patch didn't help. I mostly played sigma just because of his carry potential but now everyone wants a damn rein.

Anyways, I play Fridays pretty much all night so if anyone else in silver wants to group up let me know. Can also play a mean Baptiste

Araxen

I usually play on Friday nights, but I mostly Drunkwatch it and stay in Arcade/QP. The game is much more enjoyable drunk.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Jake, Pine, and now Custa has announced that he is retiring. I'm still surprised Surefour didn't retire.

Looks like Jake will be a caster, and Custa will be joining the analysts side of things during OWL. It'll actually be worth watching the analysts desk now.

Last edited:

Araxen

Finally got an Ashe POTG! It's not much, but I finally got one. lol

I think she is my 2nd fav dps hero to play, but I'm pretty bad with her.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I love how shield meta got nerfed to hell.

Torb flat out mows through tanks now. It's funny as hell when people bitch when I pick him and proceed to dominate all game.

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Finally got an Ashe POTG! It's not much, but I finally got one. lol

I think she is my 2nd fav dps hero to play, but I'm pretty bad with her.
There's something about the way her gun feels.

It just feels good to shoot. Satisfying. Which is weird since it's a video game gun.

• 1Like

Araxen

One of the bad things about Gold... every newbie that hits level 25 starts in gold for their comp matches. I get a lvl 26 player and they are playing Reaper into Pharah, and then the other guy plays Junkrat. /facepalm

They really neutered Moira. I almost feel Mercy is better than her now.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Moira is ok, but her healing is not so great feeling.

I got raged against hard the other day because an Ana was outhealing me (on Moira). The DPS were all over the battlefield, so you know... unable to heal them. And when I did, it's much weaker now. He got the team to report me for throwing. It was the first time I've ever been trolled that hard. I switched to Brig for the second half and beat him on healing and he just doubled down and said "of course you'll outheal me on Brig." Whatever that means.

I decided to main brig (and off baptiste/moira, depending on match). This is something I did a few seasons ago when she was a raid boss. It's kind of insane the carry potential she has if you play right. I watch a lot of Violet, and she/he/they/xer are really insane at playing Brig. I try not to mimic her style, but I've picked up some good tips.

Was able to quickly crawl into silver from 1200 on support. Unfortunately my account tanked super hard over the seasons.

• 1Like

Araxen

Brig should be pretty good in the lower Elo's since the armor changes made her armor packs even better. I don't like playing her though.

I'm almost to 2k wins in Mystery Heroes. I think I'm going to retire from that mode after I hit 2k. I want to learn Hammond and MH is eating up my time.

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Brig should be pretty good in the lower Elo's since the armor changes made her armor packs even better. I don't like playing her though.

I'm almost to 2k wins in Mystery Heroes. I think I'm going to retire from that mode after I hit 2k. I want to learn Hammond and MH is eating up my time.
Brig has always sort of fit my playstyle. I can passively heal by being ultra obnoxious to the enemy team. She's got the ability to solo a lot of heroes too. And the one thing I love the most is seeing a reaper drop down, hearing his words, and insta-stunning his ult. I catch rein alts a lot too, but that's super risky because you have like a 0.5 second window. Cancelling Moira and hog ults are pretty nice, but you need to be really close to them and that's a bad spot to be.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I wish they had stricter punishment for throwers and leavers. Getting so tired of it. Had a game where a soldier just ran in a circle near our spawn shooting the wall the entire game. How does that not flag you for being a piece of shit when you get reported.