Overwatch

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I use the report feature anytime I see a shady looking widow, mcree, or solider. I feel that with 20+ years of playing spot the aimbot that sometimes things might not be kosher.

First time I log in each day for the past 3 days I've received the splash screen that action was taken against someone I've reported.

So many throwaway smurf accounts from the Christmas sale running aimbots in casual modes like arcade classic.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've reported a lot and gotten the splash screen too. Aimbots are one thing, I figure those dudes will get banned pretty easily. The thrower/leavers really bother me. We had a game with a tank doing fuck all, kept memeing, then in overtime (think we were down 4-3 and it was our turn) said "aight guys im throwing see ya" and left the game. Shit like that wastes like 30+ minutes of your time and you always seem to lose more SR on those games than average.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I reported a cheater the other day. His s76 play was very suspicious so I downloaded the reply and it was blatantly obvious. He was behind a wall as we came out the gate and he perfectly tracked us through the wall as we moved as a team.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm curious to see how season 3 will play out with the teams actually be on the road and have local games.

I mean how will affect the players.

Will the venues sell well.

Probably going to have a serious impact on Twitch viewership because of games being in different time zones.

I really like the concept though, it's a nice experiment.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Jake is playing Soldier tonight on his stream since the Overwatch dev said he was viable in GM. lol

Edit: Most of the GM games have had Soldier in them. It was usually always Mei/Hanzo. lol

Last edited:

Araxen

They nerfed my Queen. =(

Overwatch PTR Patch Notes – Jan 9, 2020
A new Overwatch patch is in development and now available for testing! To share your feedback or report any issues, please post in the PTR Feedback 27 or PTR Bug Report 6 forums.
Please note that the below patch notes only include changes currently available for testing on the PTR. While many of these changes may also be available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in a future patch, the PTR is PC-only and only reflects changes coming specifically to that platform.

CUSTOM GAME OPTIONS
The Lobby section of Custom Game Settings has a new option “Data Center Preference”. This option provides the game creator with more control over where the game will be hosted. The default “Best Available” choice automatically provides the creator with the best quality connection available to them. We only suggest choosing a specific datacenter if no single datacenter can simultaneously provide the best connection to all players. This is usually only the case when the players participating in the custom game are located in different geographic regions of the world.

HERO UPDATES

Baptiste
Immortality Field
  • Maximum duration reduced from 8 to 5 seconds
  • Cooldown increased from 20 to 25 seconds
Amplification Matrix
  • Amplification Matrix ultimate cost increased by 20%
Mei
Endothermic Blaster (Primary Fire)
  • Slowing effect now reduces enemy movement speed from 20-70%, down from 30-90%
  • Slowing effect duration reduced from 1.5 to 1.0 second
D.Va
Boosters
  • Cooldown decreased from 5 to 3 seconds
Orisa
Fortify
  • Damage reduction reduced from 50% to 40%
Hanzo
Storm Arrow (Primary Fire)
  • Maximum projectile speed reduced from 125 to 110
Developer Comment:
The way Hanzo arrows work is there is a base speed of 25 and it adds another bonus speed determined by how long the shot was charged up. Last patch this was 25+100 x Charge for a total maximum speed of 125. The PTR value is now 25+85 x Charge so the max speed is now 110, the same value as it was before the Hanzo rework.

Doomfist
Rising Uppercut
  • Uppercut recovery time increased from 0.2 to 0.5 seconds

Araxen

Meh, after a few matches on PTR. Mei feels terrible now. It feels like it takes eons to freeze anyone. Though it might feel that way because there are a ton of D'Va's on PTR right now. She's very annoying now with the booster change.

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'll be streaming a 6 stack of retards in quick play tonight at 830pm EST if anyone wants to drop in. They'll mostly all be drunkj

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>

Pretty good write up on the problems with overwatch and the league

That was quite interesting, my biggest takeaway from that is that xQc is the most subscribed twitch streamer at the start of 2020 what wrong with this world? :)

Araxen

Blizzard's balancing and slowness is doing harm to the game. The article is pretty much spot on. The most glaring problem of the game at the high end is to beat the current meta you have to play the meta. It's been true for majority of the game's life cycle. This shouldn't be the case and isn't healthy for the game.

If you need another tonight send and invite my way. I'll be on playing Drunkwatch.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
It's definitely unfortunate to see, but the article is bit of a long-time coming conclusion from within the first year of the game. I was hoping that their rate of churning out heroes(or even maps) would have been a lot faster or at least increased in the slightest but it seems like their design philosophies keep getting challenged and changed.. and/or they just sphaget really hard.

Thinking on League, in the earlier years.. they were releasing a fuck ton of champions a year. It wasn't until shortly around "league 2.0" did that come to a slower crawl, and that development was focused on evolving the game, or revitalizing pre-existing.. while still creating new champions. My friend laughed at me with constantly joking with Apex and the lack of new content, but it is seeming to feel the burn with stagnation.

I'm genuinely curious what their plan is going to be moving forward, and if it will bring the game back up or has it found it's average and people will keep jumping ship.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Overwatch 2 is their hail Mary, it's going to give them a bump, who knows how much, but unless more changes happen soon after I think people will keep jumping ship.

I don't even know if that article is all that true, either...

Would more champions really keep retention? I kinda doubt it..

I think it's a lot more than that. I think it's their game design philosophies, not allowing true carries, not displaying statistics to show who is actually carrying, e.t.c.. it's very frustrating to play and with little individual payoff.

OWL is probably the main thing keeping people somewhat interested in the game and even that seems to be fading after recent news with players and announcers leaving.

By comparison, league is going on its 11th year and I just played my first promo game last night.. 20 kill win that took almost an hour (lol silver mmr at season start) and got me pumped.

When I login OW I don't get any thrill over my stats and know it's almost impossible to have a significant impact "solo". Also the game speed feels slower even though it's an fps, and it lacks varied objectives per match

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Overwatch 2 is their hail Mary, it's going to give them a bump, who knows how much, but unless more changes happen soon after I think people will keep jumping ship.

I don't even know if that article is all that true, either...

Would more champions really keep retention? I kinda doubt it..

I think it's a lot more than that. I think it's their game design philosophies, not allowing true carries, not displaying statistics to show who is actually carrying, e.t.c.. it's very frustrating to play and with little individual payoff.

OWL is probably the main thing keeping people somewhat interested in the game and even that seems to be fading after recent news with players and announcers leaving.

By comparison, league is going on its 11th year and I just played my first promo game last night.. 20 kill win that took almost an hour (lol silver mmr at season start) and got me pumped.

When I login OW I don't get any thrill over my stats and know it's almost impossible to have a significant impact "solo". Also the game speed feels slower even though it's an fps, and it lacks varied objectives per match
Solid post.

And it's way too late in the games life for them to add solo content and hope it boosts the games life.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The biggest issue is the pace at which they make change. They are way too slow, way to careful in trying to achieve this utopia in game where everything is perfectly balanced forever. That will obviously never happen. What they should to a certain point in fairly substantial balance pass every 2-4 weeks that shakes the meta, even if it’s breaks certain heroes and make others OP for a bit. If they do these changes often enough like 2-4 weeks and make sure that each hero has its time in the sun it would keep the game more exciting.

The problem is simply that they are so slow that each meta last 6-9 months. That a hero remains OP or broken for 6-9 months. Embrace the fact that you can’t achieve balance and make change often enough to prevent things from becoming to stale.